Ad Lib. April {Initial Check-In}

Options
FIT_Goat
FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
Tomorrow, or tonight, post your initial information here.

Weight (or 0.0)
How many carbs you're looking to stay under.

Anything else you want to include.

Replies

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Weight 141.5kg

Keeping carbs really low. Max of 50 while on holiday. I can log in on hols, I'll take my laptop with me to my sister's place.

I noticed that I haven't been tuning in to my hunger and just eating. I started correctly that a week or so ago. This will be a great test. :)
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    starting weight:165 #
    carb goal: 20

eating fat & protein to satiety, and continuing to focus on a variety of whole foods, broth and ferments.

i won't weigh until the end, but i am keeping track of the way clothes fit, muscle definition, energy & mood levels and sleep. i am also monitoring ketones with the sticks so it will be interesting to see if they fade as i adapt. right now (after 2 days at strictly 20g carbs, they are back up to high - the next to darkest purple).

i am also giving up caffeine for the month, and may be limiting nuts, dairy and stevia.

look forward to checking in with you guys!

tiffany
  • StephanieMcMahon299
    Options
    Starting weight of 172 lbs two months ago.
    Down to 155 lbs now and lost 3 inches off of my waist :) Looking to lose another 4 inches. Trying to stay below 30 grams of carbs per day.
    Feeling good and wanting to firm up my tummy muscles.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Starting this challenge at 196.6lbs.
    Trying to keep carbs under 100g/d.
    On vacation for the next 5 days, so will be eating freely++.

Normally, I do track calories. If I go over, I try to compensate by exercising. There's a gym at the hotel, so I'll just exercise ad lib as well.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    No worries FIT_Goat, you do better than most at allowing for those of us 'Down Under'. Here are my stats again, this time in the correct thread ;)

Weight 84.6 kgs (Which is a false high for completely unknown reasons. I'd been trending downwards steadily around 84.3.)
    Carb max goal 15 grams but happy with anything under that.

And I've blocked Calories from showing using Dragonwolf's CSS. Being 4pm now I can tell you that it felt scary this morning to have no calories visible in my food diary. I've either been calorie counting or eating to gay abandon all my life. This trip into sensibility is a whole new journey LOL Thank you for suggesting it Goat.
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Starting this month at 13 stone 10lb. And 35 inch waist.

I'm staying under 50g carbs (that's on the high end though - I usually come in under 30g).

I'm also going to try and do 30 days of tracking carbs and ignoring the calories - lets see what happens.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I'm starting at 71.2 kg. I'm not expecting huge changes in that number. But, we'll see.

I only allow trace amounts of carbs. So, I don't count. I'm not eating much dairy these days. So, almost all my carbs come from eggs, seafood, or seasonings.
  • ibetty55
    ibetty55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This mornings weight: 156.2 lbs. (started low carb 7 months ago at 179.8 lbs)
    generally stay below 50 carbs. Real as unprocessed as I can manage food. (Avoid added sugars, starches, all grains and processed foods-including so called keto substitutes)
    I will keep on as I am for this challenge. No counting.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Current Weight: 154.6 lbs (-11.6) / 70.13 kg (-5.26) / 11.04 stone (-3.8)

Looking to stay under 15g total carbs per day, though as long as I'm under 25g total I'm not going to be too worried (birthday parties this month).

I am trying to focus on meats and skip the plant products. This morning was a fail, when I realized the strawberries I got were going to go bad if no one eats them...
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm starting at 362 lbs. My goal for the month is to stay under 16 net carbs daily. I've been doing 20 for a few months, but feel it starting to creep up. I only weigh every two weeks, so will update as I can. I count all calories but will be mindful of eating when hungry, not to satisfy MFP. Good luck everybody!
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Weight this morning 190.2 lbs.

My goal is and has been to stay under 20g total carbs per day, stay far away from any type of artificial sweetener, and lower my dairy intake (except ghee).

I haven't been watching calories and only log items that I am unsure of carb counts.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This morning's weight: 221.6 lbs, down 14.4 lbs from starting weight of 236 shortly after Valentine's Day (I think I've been at this for about 6 weeks now).

I have my goal set to 35 net carbs at the present time--I actually just reduced it from 40, although I haven't had to change my eating any because most days I was under 30 anyway. My daughter's third birthday is next week, so I might allow myself a cheat meal for her party. And I have two of my dearest friends coming into town that weekend as well, so how I'll eat around them is anyone's guess (I haven't seen one of them since her wedding almost 3 years ago, and the other once hasn't been around in about a year and a half). Then again, fear of feeling crappy afterward might keep me on plan! I'll probably have a drink or two, though.... :wink:
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Oops, I just read the initial post about this April challenge.....
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Today's frustrating weigh in was 212.4 lbs

Junes experimental approach:

<15g net carbs/day
    No worrying or tracking of anything else.

So that means I will not make an effort to eat veggies. I think I'm gravitating to the carnivore end. Though, I do enjoy mustard and mayo. And I really do love the coconut in my fat bombs. But that's likely the extent of my plant matter.

I will do my best to try and log things though out of curiosity and for the sake of "research". :)

Thanks to everyone for joining it. I'm very interested to see how everyone's experiment turns out.

• robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Starting Weight 203.8 lbs (1/4/15)

Carb target 38 grams ( ideally 30 or less )

Hoping to improve my exercise level as an aid to initiating downward movement.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Right, I logged a weight yesterday in the other thread, forgetting that it was the 31st, not the 1st, whoops.

Starting weight: 250.2 (4/1)
    Carb target: 20 net carbs or less

I won't be logging anything at all. I will be more careful than I've been lately to note the amount of carbs that I'm eating, but I tend to eat the same foods all the time so I don't think there is any carb creep happening, but now is a good time to doublecheck.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    Gonna do it.

Carb target: 20g
    Starting weight: 164.8lb

• tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    baconslave - we are at the same starting weigh and carb goal! good luck!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options

:+1::mrgreen:
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options

And the race is on! (j/k)
This discussion has been closed.