Average weight loss on KETO??

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    @eliseagraves I had to scroll back up and down several times... That difference is AMAZING. Congrats. What are your maintenance plans?
  • eliseagraves
    eliseagraves Posts: 19 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @eliseagraves I had to scroll back up and down several times... That difference is AMAZING. Congrats. What are your maintenance plans?

I'm sticking with the same keto protocol, but increasing my protein some and adding more strength training to my routine.
  • maggiegbrown
    maggiegbrown Posts: 90 Member
    Oh my goodness there are two different people in those photo's. What a fabulous job you have done, you are a role model to me. I am a amazed at what you have achieve. I pray I can do just as well. Good for you!!!!! :)
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    I would say don't use weight as the only measurement for your overall health goals. IE: If you go on a crash diet (or too large a deficit) you may be losing muscle mass which is not good but does results in weight loss.

Go to the doctor and get an accurate Body Fat Percentage (BFP) and your Body Mass Index (BMI) along with other key important information, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, etc. The doctor could help identify any underlying health issues that might inhibit your weight loss as well.

Also take into consideration how you feel day to day! Are you getting enough rest, is your life stressful right now, is your go to beverage throughout the day water?

Then look at your food. Maybe the deficit is out of wack for your bodies needs. Just keep trying to gather data and document what you are changing.

Eventually you will find something that works and then you'll know based on data how to continue to be successful. As long as you account for your ever changing body and understand that your body is always attempting to maintain homeostasis.
  • Rollin760
    Rollin760 Posts: 1 Member
    What are some of the workouts everyone is doing? I do Jiu Jitsu 5 days a week and run 6 days. Ive been doing LCHF for 12 days and ive lost 11 lbs. I keep my carbs really low and drink lots of water and green tea. I feel like ive had the "Keto Flu" everyday tho...hahah.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    @Rollin760 - Get those electrolytes up - add salt and magnesium! That, and not lowering the exercise while you adapt to a ketogenic diet, are likely contributing factors to why you feel crummy and have continued to do so...
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    @eliseagraves - Fantastic graphics. Thanks for posting your journey and congratulations. Love it!
  • mridul12
    mridul12 Posts: 1 Member
    lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks.
  • JadeStone49
    JadeStone49 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2016
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    I lost 40 lbs in the first 6 months and since then I seem to have leveled off for the last 8 months. I think I'd like to lose about 15 more however I feel good and I don't think I am being as strict as I need to be to actually take that last 15 off.
  • kimmorrow30
    kimmorrow30 Posts: 19 Member
    Ive lost 50 pounds since feb 1 2016 strictly keto. Under 20 g of carbs a day.
  • RobPA1
    RobPA1 Posts: 48 Member
    Congratulations! Way to stick with it. I started at 240 in mid April and as of today I am 213. I am losing on average 10 lbs a month. No exercise except for trying to get in 10,000 steps a day. I keep under 30g carbs and 1500 cal a day. With LCHF, I am never hungry.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    I averaged about 10 lbs per month over a period of 9 months to lose 98 lbs. I went off clean, keto eating and gained half back.
  • lpfasciano
    lpfasciano Posts: 15 Member
    I was on Atkins for a month before starting keto. I lost five pounds the first week on Atkins and then nothing else. I read so much about keto and realized that I had been consuming too much protein on Atkins, which I didn't know was possible. Now, I am only consuming between 60 and 70 grams of protein day, still keeping my carbs under 20.

I never feel like I can eat as much meat as I want (like I did on Atkins), but I love being able to eat a sweetened fat bomb at the end of the day to get the remainder of my fats in.

I, too, am losing more slowly than I had hoped but I wasn't losing anything on Atkins.
  • dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    I typically average 1-2 lbs. per week.
  • kimmorrow30
    kimmorrow30 Posts: 19 Member
    60 pounds since feb 1st 2016
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    For the first month I lost about 20 lbs. After that it was about 8 lbs a month for 4-5 months. Then it was 4 lbs, and now I lost about a pound a month with lots of bouncing around but also some obvious body recomposition - adding muscle and losing fat. Overall I've lost 73 lbs and change. I have no idea where it will end. I'm a comfortable size 12 now and would be happy to lose another 10 lbs.
  • RainyDayBrunette
    RainyDayBrunette Posts: 59 Member
    Can anyone tell me what an average weight loss per week or month is for 20 carbs a day? Im loosing soooooo slow. :(

I lost 17 pounds in the first 12 weeks. I had a bmi of 36ish. Now it is 33. I'll take it. There are a lot of factors to consider, so all results vary.... even the same person week to week.