Average weight loss on KETO??

MariaMia816
MariaMia816 Posts: 23 Member
Can anyone tell me what an average weight loss per week or month is for 20 carbs a day? Im loosing soooooo slow. :(

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    I guess it will be different for everyone. My first two weeks I've lost about 10, of which water was probably 5-7lb. I'm going on my third month now and losing slow, sometimes I gain sometimes I lose, no rhyme or reason.
  • stevieedge2015
    stevieedge2015 Posts: 46 Member
    10lbs in a month. I'm trying to keep my calories to under 1500. I smoke like a chimney though so...aiming to get to 130 so I can quit and not worry about gaining 10lbs :)
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    I started on March 15th. Between the 15th and 18th I lost 3 lbs, between the 18th and 22nd I lost 2 lbs. Since then(11days) I haven't lost anything. I started out around 1800 cal just to get into keto, and now I lowered it to 1322 based on a few calculators. I really hope I start to loose again.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    It really, really is different for everyone. Some weeks/months I hardly lose anything, some weeks/months I do really well. I can usually figure out why, but not always.

Sometimes people have expectations on keto that are just too high b/c they've heard about some of the extreme outliers, or b/c they expect the initial water weight loss to continue at that rate forever :)

If you log your food consistantly and want to share details about how much you've lost and how long you've been doing things there are tons of us here that will jump in and offer suggestions if we see anything.
  • MariaMia816
    I stay at 20 carbs a day or less.....cardio 3 days a week at 40 mins and have only lost 5 lbs since before the beginning of February....that just seems so SLOW.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited April 2015
    How many calories are you eating? What's your deficit? Are you drinking enough water?
  • MariaMia816
    edited April 2015
    :/ i dont want to get discouraged.
  • MariaMia816
    Twibbly wrote: »
    How many calories are you eating? What's your deficit? Are you drinking enough water?

Im eating maybe 1300-1600 cal 20 deficit and water is a struggle.
  • MariaMia816

1503 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
    20 g Carbohydrates (5%, 80 kcal)
    103 g Protein (27%, 412 kcal)
    112 g Fat (68%, 1011 kcal)
  • MariaMia816
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@MariaMia816

Water will make or break you on Keto. Take half your weight in pounds (for me, 240) and drink that many ounces of water a day (120 ounces). That is your minimum. There are great water reminder/tracker apps for iPhone and Android (water my body).

I can speak to this aspect personally, as I've gained 7 pounds in a week from water retention alone because I have an unavoidable water restriction (due to a once a year weekend job), and I'm still struggling to get back to my water habits, though today has been noticeably improved!

Ok, Im going to start really trying hard to get all the water in....ALL 105 oz.....DANG!!! Thats a lot! lol
  • robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@MariaMia816

Water will make or break you on Keto. Take half your weight in pounds (for me, 240) and drink that many ounces of water a day (120 ounces). That is your minimum. There are great water reminder/tracker apps for iPhone and Android (water my body).

I can speak to this aspect personally, as I've gained 7 pounds in a week from water retention alone because I have an unavoidable water restriction (due to a once a year weekend job), and I'm still struggling to get back to my water habits, though today has been noticeably improved!

Am I corrrect in assuming that when you speak about ounces of water you mean fluid ounces?
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Ok, Im going to start really trying hard to get all the water in....ALL 105 oz.....DANG!!! Thats a lot! lol

Use a larger glass or container. Not too big but larger than your usual. I have a glass rootbeer mug that holds 2 cups of water. If I don't use that one I'm ALWAYS behind on water.
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    uh...
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    uh...

Was that confusing for you ?
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,112 Member
    Here let me reword it to answer the OP more directly.
    You will average 1 pound of fat loss per week if you eat at a 500 calorie a day deficit while in keto.