The Blessings of Grandchildren

Options

Replies

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    So we were talking today with my oldest grandson Jordan, he's 3 and the fisherman pictured above. I asked about his new baby sister that will be arriving in October. We were discussing possible names for her and he decided what the perfect name for her would be "Jordan Jr." - too cute!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah..........that's totally cute!!!
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Congratulations BRaye! Grandgirls are the best! I had two boys, then two grandsons came along, then the granddaughter! Ummmm and yes she has me wrapped around her finger! lol we now have another granddaughter! So it's Two of each!

• SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    since we are sharing.... :wink:
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I always say my only real regret about not having had children is that I won't be having any grandchildren.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103....I had four kids. They tell me all my grandkids will have 4 legs and a tail. So far...that's pretty accurate.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    chamblisk wrote: »
    nikkib0103....I had four kids. They tell me all my grandkids will have 4 legs and a tail. So far...that's pretty accurate.

There's always hope. But before dog clicked into my brain I was thinking, hmmm, her kids are going to give her some fairly unattractive and probably poorly behaved kids.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    HA!
  • chamblisk
    Options
    Hahaha....definitely canine so far.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My grandson is doing an overnight with us. He had to try all my helmets, bike, motorcycle, rock climbing, fire chief, skiing. (Maybe grandpa is the kid). Here we are 'going to a 'mergancy'.

yjwnqxdg2goa.jpg
    lemt3am7rw5u.jpg
  • BRaye325
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Very nice! It's great to show little boys they can grow up to be big boys.
  • nikkib0103
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Farback, I imagine he was in hog heaven. What little boy wouldn't be? Plus he is awfully cute. I am sure he was a hige hit in the firehouse..
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    It's nice you get to see your grandchildren. Sometimes it gets complicated.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    I just came from the hospital, my oldest daughter just had her third child, first girl, Payton - 8lbs,2oz 20". Mom & baby are both doing great, a blessed event!

8ujdv6d8ejlt.jpg
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Ooooohhh, congrats BRaye, so precious.

I'll keep hoping for one of those from my youngest daughter..............a girl can hope right?

My grandson just broke his arm last week so he's now sporting a really cool camouflage cast on his right arm. Luckily, it was a hairline fracture and no growth plate issues or anything. He goes back to school tomorrow and I can just see his face in my mind when he shows off his cast. Bragging rights!!!
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I love my little granddaughter, so much fun. Congrats!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    They are both beautiful. :)
  • chamblisk
    Options
    A princess to spoil!! Congrats!
  • BRaye325
    Options
    Thank you guys! They were just released from the hospital and are heading home. It will be nice for them to get back to normal, well as back to normal as it's going to get anyway.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Yeah, normal, no sleep, lol! Wish them all the best.