The Blessings of Grandchildren

Options

Replies

• nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Bill. She is one pretty baby. Your daughter looks great, no worse for the wear. I assume the grandsons have returned home and quiet has returned to your valley...
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Yes, quiet descended upon us like a ray of sunshine yesterday.
    I talked to my son-in-law earlier today and asked if I could pick up anything for them on my way home tonight. His response - "Earplugs!"
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Earplugs, and sleep!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Had our whole gang here for brunch. Both daughters pregnant, numbers 5 and 6 due this summer.
    3vse44u9q2m2.jpeg
    kubwxvrvbg04.jpeg
    ual8uolknycb.jpeg
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    some beautiful pictures of your grandchildren. What a blessing for you all.
    My sons are only 19 & 21 so they have a bit to go before they have kids. if they ever do. :)
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Such fun! Had to watch 3 year old grand daughter while parents spent a night away to celebrate their anniversary. She stayed up way later than I would have liked, then woke me at 4 am to read her a book. I need a nap.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,922 Member
    Options
    My son is 24 and such a geek... I'm fairly sure he's interested in women but apparently he's not ready to do anything about that. My daughter is 22 and has been dating for years. The current boyfriend seems pretty decent. Odds of grandkids? Only time can tell...
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    My son is 24 and such a geek... I'm fairly sure he's interested in women but apparently he's not ready to do anything about that. My daughter is 22 and has been dating for years. The current boyfriend seems pretty decent. Odds of grandkids? Only time can tell...

Sounds like we were on the same life track. I have 2 sons. The oldest turns 24 in a month and the other is 22. Also, no apparent grandkids on the horizon for us and no apparent serious relationships at this time. Given their current focus in life (24 year old likes to socialize more than working and the 22 year old works more than socializing), I'm happy to wait.
    ... but I love seeing everyone else's adorable grandchildren! <3
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have mentioned before....and it still holds true....My children have informed me all my grandbabies will have 4 legs and a tail. There is still time.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    Had our whole gang here for brunch. Both daughters pregnant, numbers 5 and 6 due this summer.

A really adorable group you've got there! It's so nice you get to enjoy them.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Some cute kids there. And more to come!
  • marekdds
    Options
    I have 4 children age 28 to 37 and only one grandchild and none on the horizon. I will just have to spoil her rotten and give her back to her parents, lol.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    I have 4 children age 28 to 37 and only one grandchild and none on the horizon. I will just have to spoil her rotten and give her back to her parents, lol.

Sugar her up and then set her loose! Yee-haw!!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Love all the grandkid pics! I have a 10 yr. old grandson and a 3 yr. old granddaughter. Of course, they are the best!fji0jznhhd05.jpg
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Too adorable, mk2loser!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Campout!

6i3b31sbmx0h.jpeg
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Connecting kids to nature is sooo important and great fun!!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    She is so cute carrying a bag almost as big as she is :)

• marekdds
    Options
    Adorable guys! I have 4 adult children and only one grandboo. Don't know what is wrong with them, lol
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My son has two children, his 19 year old step-daughter who we all love like our own, and their 10 year old son, who looks just like him. They moved to CO two years ago and I miss them all like crazy.

My oldest daughter will never have children, she got all the unfortunate genes in the family gene pool and has terrible asthma and severe allergies, and refuses to take the chance of handing them on to another unsuspecting child. Makes me sad.

Our youngest daughter (age 35) is getting married in September and plans on starting a family the day after the wedding......LOL. She may have some issues conceiving so we'll be being patient with that. She's a big wig in her company and is a little nervous about stepping away from the career to have children but it's something she really wants and so I'm sure she'll figure it out. Her husband is a geo-physicist with his own lucrative career but as she makes more money, he's offered to be a stay at home dad if needed. A really nice guy!

They also live in CO. She went there for grad school and never came home....(:

All of your pics are adorable! If I knew how to put a pic up I would......LOL, but I do have one in my profile pics!