3 Day Quick Fix

Options

Replies

• germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congrats on that impressive loss @SatiaRenee and thanks to you and @venuila for the support..really need it right now :)
  • germany03
    Options
    Ok so today was not AS bad but I'm just about sure that tomorrow (back at work) is not going to work. I have hardly done anything this weekend because I felt ...foggy? Not sure how to explain it. Well...I'll see what the scale has for me tomorrow and then probably go back to the regular eating plan. Even though I don't have 3 days in..in think 2 days ain't bad for the first time trying it...it's definitely rough and I think I should have done more prepping to set myself up better. I'll post my 2 day results tomorrow .

THOUGHT: could the reds be substituted for let's say greek yoghurt to make a tzatzikki sauce for the veggies?
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @germany03 Yes, that would be a red. You're only adding herbs to it, for the most part. Normally I would say you should try to calculate anything that would be another color but Autumn says that if you're hungry at the end of the day you can have another green so the cucumber you would add to the sauce is one of those negligible things that I would think about even for a moment.

I'm definitely feeling foggy. I just noticed it's 1:30 and I still haven't had my 2nd "meal" of the day. Ugh. Off to rectify that now.
  • germany03
    Options
    Ok so I had to tap out after 2 days ( I feel like such a whimp :( ) I still had a 2 day result of 2 lbs. Lost and I take it. Those were two hard days..haha...well next time I know what to expect and will be better prepared...thanks to all for letting me whine and wiper for the last 2 days :) it's nice to know someone can relate and understand what you go through.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @germany03 my last 3 Day Quick Fix turned into a 2 day as well. It still got you results so I think it's great! It's hard to identify why it's so tough to eat that way....I'm not really hungry when I do it but I just feel so unsatisfied yet can't even choke down all the food. Weird. I will probably do it again in a couple of weeks, though, it really does work.
  • germany03
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean @jpkrueger . I was so full of food i dreaded getting close to eating time again but was not satisfied at all. It took me like 30 min to eat my meals ..long slow chews..lol. - don't get me wrong I'm definitly loving the 2 lbs lost in 2 days :) it definitely works !
  • angil21
    angil21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I was just curious if vegetarian are able to do this "21 day fix". Anyone vegetarian that has done it and has worked? Let me know. Thanks!!

Vegetarian frnds needed for inspiration!

Thanks!
  • rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    container size

Green container = 1 cup = 8 oz
    Purple container = 1 cup = 8 oz
    Red container = 2/3 cup = 5 oz
    Yellow container = 1/2 cup = 4 oz
    Blue container = 1/4 cup = 2 oz
    Orange container = 2 tablespoons = 1 oz
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    We have liquid and dry measuring cups at our place, too. :smile: I want to say that I remember either american or uk cups being different from canadian ones, as well.
    I have liquid measuring cup and dry measuring cups, but I almost never use the dry ones because I have a food scale. I prefer to weigh my solid food in grams. (Even though I'm in the US, lol.)

• ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Sorry for necro'ing this old thread, but as someone who has eating a ketogenic diet (low-carb, high-fat) for months, I can tell you that the fog and misery some of you are feeling is due to low sodium & potassium. If you supplement with something called Lite Salt (made by Morton's for US people), it contains sodium & potassium. Your electrolyte balance is off. I know the plan calls for no salt, but it's wrong. You need the salt when you're carb depleting and drinking so much water.

Just my two cents. I'm staring the 3DQF on Wednesday and I will definitely be mixing some Lite Salt into my water or using on food.
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Good to know, thanks!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Doing another round of 3DQF starting today. My initial plan was to start tomorrow but Rob is working an afternoon/night gig and it made sense to just start today, when he wouldn't be home for dinner anyway. I don't expect any surprises. I know this works and how and why. Sunday morning, when I do my weigh-in, I'm sure I'll have lost between 2 & 3 lbs. I've been down this path before, right? :)
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    @SatiaRenee yup, you know it works, and you know it's not much fun :) I will be doing one myself sometime in the next couple of weeks. I can't seem to stay completely on track with my nutrition. Trying to decide if I should get on track first and then do the QF....or use the QF to get me on track. Thoughts?
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jpkrueger I am a firm believer in "why put off tomorrow" so I would say start getting on track now and use the 3DQF to give you that last push if you aren't 100% on track.

Here are my pics from day 1, with one meal missing because I totally forgot to take a pictures. Oops!

• jpkrueger
    Options
    @SatiaRenee thanks, I think I'll do that. And I'm impressed that you can make even the 3DQF look good!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Day 2

I weighed myself and I was up a negligible 0.2 lb so I assumed it was just an anomaly. Probably my body holding onto water or something. Sure enough, today's weigh-in I had dropped 1.4 lbs so I'm on track. Here's a picture of what I ate plus a breakdown of what everything is.

Meal 1: steelcut oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon and a bit of almond extract, 2 egg whites + 1 whole egg with a dash of onion powder and red pepper flakes

Meal 2: chicken with garam masala and steamed sweet potatoes

Meal 3: tilapia with lemon juice and green beans with All Purpose Blend (from 21 Day Fix Food Plan)

Meal 4: chicken with Southwest Spice Blend (21DF Food Plan) and spinach

Meal 5: cod with Mediterranean Spice Blend (21DF Food Plan) and carrots and broccoli

Meal 6: ground turkey with garlic and Italian Seasoning, grape tomatoes and red onion

BTW, I do not recommend garam masala on the chicken. I love the flavor of this spice blend but it really didn't do much for the chicken, even with the sweetness of the potatoes. Oh well. I give myself an A for effort.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Sorry I forgot to check in on Day 3. I had a great day hanging out with my friends and managed to stay on track. Lost 1.4 lbs this time around. Now I just need to figure out how to lose weight without doing 3DQF. :tongue:
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of another 3 day quick fix. As boring and annoying as it is...it works. I did it this time for two reasons: one, to get me back on track since I have been very unfocused in my nutrition. Two, to get rid of this bloat I seemed to be carrying as a result of said unfocusedness (yes I know that's not a word but I didn't get much sleep last night). Well yesterday I peed approximately 4827323 times, like every half hour, and same thing today. I'm drinking the same amount of water as I always do so it's not that. My stomach is a little flatter, too. I found some really good hot sauce at Trader Joe's (not too too hot, but hot enough to add flavor) and I'm using that quite a bit to try to make the food at least a little less boring.

As usual - I have a love/hate relationship with the 3DQF. But it's better than a 3-day "cleanse" or liquid diet, that's for sure!!!
  • germany03
    Options
    Hats off to you JP. I was sooo miserable on day two ...I never thought I would say "I don't want to eat anymore" and yet here I was just whining about it all day long...lol. great effort and keep it going... just one more day and you know the results are worth it. :)
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    @germany03 I only made it through two days last time also! But I'm determined to make it through tomorrow, even though I have the feeling I will have to choke down the food. I am so sick of it!!! Thank you for the encouragement, I am going to do it (I am yelling that last part at myself).