100 pushup challenge

Options

Replies

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I'm a weakling and doing the standing up ones. But they work for me!
  • ibetty55
    ibetty55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wheat less I'm with you! Figure it's better than none at all and hopefully will help. I have never been able to do push-ups and even when doing weights could never get beyond 65 lbs in a bench press. Strangely could do quite a few reps but couldn't lift more
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Wheatless and betty, I was too afraid to mention that I only do wall push ups for now. I do think it is better than nothing, and can feel the difference in my arms when I do them.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    :) my sweetie dug out his push up bars for me, can't wait to use them tonight
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    week 2, day 1 completed.

not nearly as easy as week one
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    week 2, day 1 completed.

My thoughts exactly
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    week 2, day 1 completed.

Oh dear - am filled with dread for tonight!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    jumanajane wrote: »
    I'm in. I just did the initial test and really surprised myself by doing 15 (on my knees so far!). I thought I would do 5 or 6! Got hubby onto it too...lol..he's so competetive. ;)

Mine loves to compete too, but he has a bung elbow from years using a chainsaw and a nail gun so he can't do this with me.

Just did week 1 day 3....does anyone else just wander off during the rests to do chores?
    Yes!!! It's too long isn't it? But I say this now. I suspect I may change my tune soon.

@Kuranda Oh :( not looking forward to that then tee hee!
  • kuranda10
    Options
    My husband has injury and can't do the challenge (even though he's overseas). It is KILLING him LOL

It may have been harder for me because I think I corrected my form.
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    jumanajane wrote: »
    I'm in. I just did the initial test and really surprised myself by doing 15 (on my knees so far!). I thought I would do 5 or 6! Got hubby onto it too...lol..he's so competetive. ;)

Mine loves to compete too, but he has a bung elbow from years using a chainsaw and a nail gun so he can't do this with me.

Just did week 1 day 3....does anyone else just wander off during the rests to do chores?
    Yes!!! It's too long isn't it? But I say this now. I suspect I may change my tune soon.

@Kuranda Oh :( not looking forward to that then tee hee!

Nice new photo btw @GrannyMayOz
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Naaaww thanks @totaloblivia <3
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    week 2, day 1 completed.

You're not joking!
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Yargh I still have yet to get started. Today is supposed to be a lifting day, so maybe I'll do tomorrow, Thursday, and Saturday.
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    I did Week 1 Day 3 and although I did it, I don't think I did it well (too tired from a long walk in midday heat yesterday) so I'm going to re-do it tomorrow. Especially if Week 2 is a lot harder.
  • totaloblivia
    Options
    I did Week 1 Day 3 and although I did it, I don't think I did it well (too tired from a long walk in midday heat yesterday) so I'm going to re-do it tomorrow. Especially if Week 2 is a lot harder.

You can do it! Just a few more reps and shorter recovery Times...no time for chores in between in week 2!

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Completed W2D2 (14,16,12,12,17). The last set nearly killed me. My form went to hell. Not looking forward to D3. Will rest an extra day and eat mucho protein.
  • kuranda10
    Options
    W2D2 (10, 12, 9, 9, 13) done.

The first 4 sets were easy, the last 13 almost broke my arms.

Mental note: don't mow the 1/2 acre yard and pull vine out of rainforest trees, before doing the push ups ...
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    I have to postpone. Been told no exercise for 5 days by my naturopath. All is well though and I'll start back up when i can.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    The first 4 sets were easy, the last 13 almost broke my arms.

If you find your form is getting bad (like I did), take a break. It is possible to injure yourself. I tweaked my elbow last week and it took a couple days to heal.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Missed yesterday cuz I still feel like crud transitioning into keto.

When my form gets bad on the last set I switch to knee pushups instead of full pushups, it's slightly easier, and allows me to keep my form better