2015 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - SIgnup and Discussion Thread...

Options

Replies

• veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    Dave2041 wrote: »
    Kudos not only for the effort but for the upside down 313 ;)

Well, Brett's in Australia, so It's only "sort of" upside down... that's why I switched the number and not the headers/banners... :lol:

I like adding little "bits" in the design that mean something to the long-term participants of the race - like the "his and hers" versions of the CentralCali family... (321/324), or the "Sufferlandian" flag, or the flag of Koksijde for our resident Cyclocross Nut... it all makes it a bit of extra fun.

And not forgetting the flag of St. George so that people don't think I'm a septic ;)
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mark. Considering I am the only winter rider anything to get me out on the bike helps.
  • anviljenkins
    anviljenkins Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Well I hope I get this whole thing sorted out and figure what I need to post, where, and when :-).
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well I hope I get this whole thing sorted out and figure what I need to post, where, and when :-).

You'll be fine Anvil
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Kupe wrote: »
    Thanks, Mark. Considering I am the only winter rider anything to get me out on the bike helps.

Glad to be of assistance mate :)

Yeah - I need to sort out a "Entries Thread" and put the "rules for posting" in here... I have been a little busy over the past couple of days though, as we didn't really get a finalised rosta until yesterday and its a little difficult to do some of the time consuming bits until we have the rider numbers finalised.

• TheBigYin
    Options
    okay folks - there's a whole "guide to adding entries" , template for submissions, and exposition of the rules over in this thread...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10157543/2015-mfp-giro-ditalia-challenge-ride-logging-thread?new=1

It may be a good idea for all the newbies on these challenges to have a thorough read of the post (and maybe the regulars could check it out as well, see if i've missed anything...) - and we can quickly discuss any issues you may have with the rules in here... There's one little twist regarding the first stage TTT for example where at least 5 riders need to have logged a ride...

The Entries thread is currently closed, hopefully MFP will allow me to re-open it when someone has a ride to log...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    We appreciate all the work you put into this Mark. It does make for some fun riding. :smile:
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    We appreciate all the work you put into this Mark. It does make for some fun riding. :smile:

I guess I should have been more organised really, considering that I've had nearly 6 months of being off the bike to prepare all the files in the background, but to be brutally honest, if I hadn't been fit to at least participate a little in the challenge, I doubt I could have faced running it this year...

• sufferlandrian
    Options

I guess I should have been more organised really, considering that I've had nearly 6 months of being off the bike to prepare all the files in the background, but to be brutally honest, if I hadn't been fit to at least participate a little in the challenge, I doubt I could have faced running it this year...

Yes, that makes perfect sense. I'm glad you're back and riding. :smile: It's good to see you logging miles in Strava. Speaking of which, I better change mine to kilometers.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Anyone excited yet??

• faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Anyone excited yet??

Yes, this will be fun [and good for me too]. THANK YOU for all your time, efforts and creativity!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Anyone excited yet??

Me! Me! Me! I'm excited. I'm looking forward to some fun and motivation. :smile: It was a blast last year. I'm expecting the same this year. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    If I ever retire I'm going to have to go visit England so I can see all these people I talk with at night. :smile: The hazard of working nights. :smile:
  • wesleepuntilthesungoesdown
    Options
    normally I would be thinking it's going to rain in the morning so I'll give it a miss....
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Nearly forgot... There's the "Graham Watson Thread" for the Photo Bloggers to add to throughout the challenge...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10157664/2015-mfp-giro-ditalia-challenge-graham-watson-thread?new=1

for the Newcomers - Basically, as it says in the setup post of the thread...
    in parallel with the "Ride Logging" thread, we're going to have a "Photo Logging" thread, and at the end of the thread, I'll organise an independent judge to view the thread and declare a 1-2-3 of the Images submitted.

Please don't feel like you've got to submit something from every ride, just do something if it takes your eye, and it's generally "on topic" - the judge will be briefed to be looking for things that fit the theme of the Giro d'Italia - so I'm expecting a fair amount of Pink Jerseys, Tricolore's (Italian (and Irish in the first few days) :wink: and generally people looking "Bella en Sella", as well as stunning views (with a bike propped up in frame somewhere)

If you wish to add a bit of a "ride report" with the photo, then all the better
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mark.
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all you do, Mark! Tomorrow I'll get to see if I can ride a bike with a lower abdomen/groin pull :p PS Situps are THE DEVIL.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Thank you Mark for the spread sheet, the teams and the photoshopped logos. I just changed my Strava to metric for the challenge. I changed my avatars here at MFP and Strava for the Giro. I've got new people asking to follow on Strava so that's cool. I love seeing where everyone rides. That's the best part to me - looking at other people's rides.

Question: In the past, there have been team groups in Strava during the challenges. I've had all day meetings this week so I'm not sure if I've missed a post here or its just not going to happen
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Anyone excited yet??

Very!
  • anviljenkins
    anviljenkins Posts: 562 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 302 Team Pastana

Stage Date    Distance       Time           Ascent(m)  Ride Log URL
                                h:mm:ss
    ====================================================================================
    1        09/05   999.00km  99:59:30  ____m  1.0       http:somenonsense.com
    2        10/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    3        11/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    4        12/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________        
    5        13/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    6        14/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    7        15/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    8        16/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    9        17/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    R        18/05
    10       19/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    11       20/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    12       21/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    13       22/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    14       23/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    15       24/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    R        25/05
    16       26/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    17       27/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    18       28/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    19       29/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    20       30/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________
    21       31/05   ___.__km  __:__:__  ____m  ________ ___________________________

Running Total _999.0 km

Template pasting test, yell at me now if this sucks for some reason :-).

it be sucking, hold on, here we go, much more decent :-)