2015 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - SIgnup and Discussion Thread...

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Giro Challenge Entries for Rider 302 Team Pastana

Stage Date Distance Time Ascent(m) Ride Log URL
    h:mm:ss
    ====================================================================================
    1 09/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    2 10/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    3 11/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    4 12/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    5 13/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    6 14/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    7 15/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    8 16/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    9 17/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    R 18/05
    10 19/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    11 20/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    12 21/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    13 22/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    14 23/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    15 24/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    R 25/05
    16 26/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    17 27/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    18 28/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    19 29/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    20 30/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________
    21 31/05 ___.__km __:__:__ ____m ________ ___________________________

Running Total ____.__km

Template pasting test, yell at me now if this sucks for some reason :-).

it be sucking, hold on

Works fine, but to preserve the formatting when there's mixed numbers text in there, apply the 'code' format from the paragraph style pull down to the whole block...

• TheBigYin
    Options
    verdemujer wrote: »
    question: In the past, there have been team groups in Strava during the challenges. I've had all day meetings this week so I'm not sure if I've missed a post here or its just not going to happen

Ive only set up one strava team so far, may get the others sorted this evening, otherwise it'll be tomorrow morning
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    okay - other 3 teams now set up, and invites passed onto all the people I had on my follow lists (I can't invite anyone not on my follow list, and one or two people were "request only")

With "Team PIE" I've made Aaron the Owner of the Group, and Backed out of the team, so my data doesn't skew the figures for the team, but for Twinkie Scoff and Lotta Jumbo's I'm still in there, because nobody as yet has "answered the call" on the invite.

Once Someone joins I'll make them the owner, and I suggest that you have at least one "Admin" over and above the "owner" just in case something happens...

• TheBigYin
    Options
    Right - Thats enough messing around on the computer for a friday evening... Going to chill for a while...
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Niggly questions as I am a newbie: 1) how do I know what team I am on? 2) how do I know if TheBigYin is following me on Strava?
  • anviljenkins
    anviljenkins Posts: 562 Member
    Options
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Niggly questions as I am a newbie: 1) how do I know what team I am on? 2) how do I know if TheBigYin is following me on Strava?

1) Either via the spreadsheet - or, this simple cut-out-and-keep guide

team Pastana - Riders 301-309
    Team PIE - Riders 311-319
    Team Twinkie Scoff - Riders 321-329
    Team Lotta Jumbos - Riders 331-339

2) short answer is Yes I am - Strava Name "Mark Burrows" in case anyone wondered who the hell it was requesting to follow them...

Longer Answer is...

I've just caught up with a list of half a dozen or more people who had requested to follow me... Problem Is, through running this event over the last 3 years, I get more than my share of "granola" trying to follow me (you know what I mean, if they're not Nuts or Flakes they're generally Fruits) so I keep my account strictly Request Only, and I respect anyone else who does the same.

But I'd suggest everyone checks their profiles and has a look if there are people waiting to be authorised.

If you're having problems putting "MFP names" to "Strava Names" check the spreadsheet - in the "ROSTA" tag theres a list of all the signups, by team number, with the MFP Name, their Strava Handle, Strava URL that's clickable to go to their profile, and the team that they're on....

The "POP UP" teams for this challenge are as follows...

https://www.strava.com/clubs/MFP_TeamPastana

https://app.strava.com/clubs/MFP-TeamPie

https://app.strava.com/clubs/MFP-TwinkieScoff

https://www.strava.com/clubs/MFP-LottaJumbos

If you're not already a member (i.e. responded to the "invite" I sent last night) then click the link and hit the "request to join" button

• TheBigYin
    Options
    Okay Folks - Tappa 1, Team Time Trial - Marina di San Lorenzo -> Sanremo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB_QS_L-5pE

only 17.6km, but remember folks, to get a "stage complete" each team needs 5 or more people to ride today... Shouldn't be TOO difficult for a Saturday, on the first day of the challenge - I'm sure you're all very keen and raring to go...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    I didn't remember it being this cold last year. It feels like the road should have ice and I'm pretty sure it's only down to about 40 degrees. I should have brought a bigger jacket.
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    and, for ease of tracking on Strava, I've revamped the "MFP Challenge" club on Strava...

If you're not already a member here, please click the link and hit the orange "Request to Join" button folks.

http://www.strava.com/clubs/MFP_GiroChallenge

These clubs on Strava are an easy way for us to "streamline" our Strava "newsfeed" down to either just the team we're riding on, or just the people on the challenge with us... It can get a bit "busy" on the notifications front when we're following anything up to an additional 30-odd riders after joining one of these challenges, so any way to improve the "signal to noise ratio" can be welcome...
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    Anyone excited yet??

I guess I'd better go ride my bike before the storms hit!
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Sorry Team Pie, no ride for me today. Wet, windy and generally not pleasant. However for the TMI part of the post, saddle sore is not going away and is playing up. Tomorrow is another day
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Entries thread now updated into the logging spreadsheet. So far we've all 4 teams (unsurprisingly) hit the targeted distance, but only 2 teams which have got 5 riders "in the clubhouse" - i.e. declared riding. Still time for the Twinkies and Jumbos to post a couple of extra rides of course...

It's also been good to see that one or two of you have been looking into the logging sheet - currently there's an Anonymous Aligator and Axolotl browsing around... (got to love the "anon names" thag google give for non-logged in browsing :lol:)

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    I hope Lotta Jumbos can put in some good km today. I was doing surgery most the night so it's not looking good for a ride for me today. (For those that don't know me, I was doing the surgery, not having the surgery done.)
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I hope some of my team members live in places getting better weather. We just received our ninth weather warning in less than 10 hours (flooding, thunderstorms, tornados) so it'll be a miracle if I get to ride at all today. Ugh.

On another note, do I need to do anything other than posting my rides to Strava? I think I'm now in the Giro group and in my team's group... I think...
    [Strava newbie here - long time Garmin connect user]
  • TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Managed to get in a quick ride before we continue driving home. Hope to arrive today assuming the weather and the vehicle cooperate...
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    To my Team PIE peeps, I was helping someone move yesterday after my stage ride, well I made a bloody mess of my left knee. Carrying a heavy piece of furniture I fell on concrete. I will ride everyday, but just less miles for the next few days.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    To my Team PIE peeps, I was helping someone move yesterday after my stage ride, well I made a bloody mess of my left knee. Carrying a heavy piece of furniture I fell on concrete. I will ride everyday, but just less miles for the next few days.

Don't sweat it! Hope you heal up!

• steffenson
    steffenson Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I hope Lotta Jumbos can put in some good km today. I was doing surgery most the night so it's not looking good for a ride for me today. (For those that don't know me, I was doing the surgery, not having the surgery done.)

I did a couple extra for you. :)

• sufferlandrian
    Options
    steffenson wrote: »

I did a couple extra for you. :)

Thanks. :smile: