Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

70 out there now with an expected high of 89 and 50% chance of precipitation. Speaking of which, boy, howdy, did we get some last night! Thunder, lightning, wind, the works! Haven't been outside yet this morning but didn't hear anything crashing down on the house, though some of the lightning seemed awfully close, based on how quickly the thunder boomed.

I've finished off the chili for breakfast, and must say it makes a delicious breakfast. Need to clean cat bowls from yesterday, feed the cats, do some laundry and maybe get out to Publix for a couple of things.

Snipped (Valerie)

J loves most of the Amy's things that I sometimes buy for him, including that specific Black Bean tamale one! Another good frozen brand is Cedar Hill. He likes most of their frozen stuff too.
    Hi Again
    It sounds like time to look and see if any small branches broke off ? I hate loud Thunder, When it happens after dark while trying to watch TV the Flashes through the Living Room Window are distracting.
    Snipped (Me)

I usually freeze my ground beef shortly after arrival home, and after thawing make sure to brown it thoroughly and then simmer the food for a while to ensure that it's well cooked.

My mother's chili, when I was growing up, was very soupy and I would now call that chili bean soup I think. She added cut/broken spaghetti to it, but not a lot. Just enough to make it somewhat like a bean soup with spaghetti noodles. It seems that many people in that area of western Kentucky made chili in a similar fashion, though one family we were friendly with had it with small diced potato bits instead of spaghetti. At the time we children thought the potatoes were a weird thing to put in it, but we ate it anyway when it was put in front of us, and it was good. We always ate what was put in front of us because that was the rule!
    That sounds like what I do with whatever I do not cook right away. I like my Chili Hearty too. That was the practice here when growing up too. If it was put on the plate, You ate it :smiley:
    Mom would use red kidney beans or small red beans, whichever was available, and that generally depended on what had been on sale at the grocery when she was shopping. The cheaper bean always won.

I personally prefer to have beans in the chili, along with my ground beef, and like it very thick and meaty, with not TOO many beans. And I prefer the canned chili beans, which are generally not kidney beans. If not those, then small red beans or even black beans.

I can eat red kidney beans but find that they have somewhat tougher skins than the canned chili beans, which are made from a different bean, and that gives the kidney beans a texture that I'm not as fond of, so I don't generally use them though I'll certainly use them in a pinch.

Update: Cats have now been fed (while I was still entering this message) and I'm about to get the laundry going, and maybe step out to see how many blueberries need picking. I already got this morning's handful of blackberries.
    I think that is why I prefer Kidney beans, that they have more texture...

Blueberries reminds me that I am waiting on the Blackberries and Raspberries to ripen, there is a bumper crop, just not ready to eat yet :( The Raspberries are prolific plants in that they send runners underground all over the place near them. Just as well that they Border the Concrete Patio for much of the bed. It seems that the spring pruning I did was done right since they are growing an producing real well.

Laundry, Maybe Tomorrow :wink:
    They called this soup?
    It looked like a Rice dish, just not a soup.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Hi hot but beautiful outside. Rain cleared the air nicely last night.

Chili...I vote for with beans and finely diced onion, thin, lots of black pepper, and a sleeve of saltine crackers!!
    I haven't watched the video's yet..but its a mighty thick 'soup' that will hold up a spoon! There is a rice soup, but I don't think that picture of rice soup is it! LOL!

I will have to look for the Cedar Hill fz vegan entree's. Always nice to have a choice in the freezer when I'm not feeling like even turning on the kitchen stove!

No Roger I don't speak Spanish. But just the sound and cadence of the language makes the soccer game a lot more exciting!
    And speaking of soccer. It has not been a good day for the teams I would have like to see win....Sweden beat Mexico and Korea beat Germany. Not at all what I wanted to see. Maybe the afternoon games will be better...but first a good nap! Tired for some reason.

Later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    Another of our afternoon thunder storms....just 10,000 homes with no power. Dinner out! LOL!!! (no, not for me, I still have electricity!)
    Dinner looks a lot like a frozen vegan burger, a baked potato, and a big helping of broccoli. Not exciting, but will be good!
    Cat's in house being a cry baby. Turned his nose up at his dinner AND his treat...If I pet him, scratch his head, rub his chin much more my fingers will be numb. LOL!!

Hope all is well for Ed over on his side of the county.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    We had our typical evening thunder shower, as expected. Eduardo went fairly simple for dinner.

Tonight (and for three more meals) was cottage pie. Browned ground beef, with onions, garlic, peas and carrots, in a rich tomato and beef gravy, spread in a baking dish and topped with a thin layer of garlic mashed potatoes, and sprinkled with a little sharp Cheddar near the end of baking, when the top of the potatoes had started browning nicely.

Very filling, and very tasty!

ca8ebifzytoi.jpg

xu1q3sqogefz.jpg
  • RogerToo

06/27/2018 100%

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 72 degrees. it was not real comfortable outdoors while walking there was a Light breeze. There is a heat wave in the forecast starting tomorrow with humidity moving in Friday :(
    overnight I heard a little rain around 1:30 and 3:30 and some thunder inbetween. While waslking I could see lightning flashes in the distance and delayed thunder.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2018/06/25/nj-town-new-street-design-for-pedestrians/
    New Jersey Town Changing Street Designs For Safer Texting And Walking

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/712276/boeing-hypersonic-plane-concorde-airliner-new-york-london-mach-5-plane-future
    Boeing unveils hypersonic 4,000mph airliner capable of New York to London in TWO HOURS

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/25/att-internet-nsa-spy-hubs/
    The Wiretap Rooms
    The NSA’s Hidden Spy Hubs in Eight U.S. CitiesThe Wiretap Rooms
    The NSA’s Hidden Spy Hubs in Eight U.S. Cities

https://apnews.com/43f20019b37d4da1bf4d445d36f7eb09
    Do you really know what your kid's doing on that device?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Solar-to-be-required-on-most-new-homes-in-12901403.php
    Solar to be required on most new homes in California starting in 2020

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicksibilla/2018/06/19/supreme-court-will-decide-if-civil-forfeiture-is-unconstitutional-violates-the-eighth-amendment/#3d16cfc07165
    Supreme Court Will Decide If Civil Forfeiture Is Unconstitutional, Violates The Eighth Amendment

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/06/26/nashville-man-sprinkles-cocaine-over-police-officers-head-destroy-evidence/733820002/
    Man sprinkles cocaine over Nashville police officer's head 'to destroy the evidence'

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    ngEy6e.jpg

c5IS1T.jpg

UL0489.jpg

rg7rWA.jpg

fplwu4.gif

xNCN06.jpg

Onswv9.jpg

ANgxG8.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi hot but beautiful outside. Rain cleared the air nicely last night.

Chili...I vote for with beans and finely diced onion, thin, lots of black pepper, and a sleeve of saltine crackers!!
    I haven't watched the video's yet..but its a mighty thick 'soup' that will hold up a spoon! There is a rice soup, but I don't think that picture of rice soup is it! LOL!

I will have to look for the Cedar Hill fz vegan entree's. Always nice to have a choice in the freezer when I'm not feeling like even turning on the kitchen stove!

No Roger I don't speak Spanish. But just the sound and cadence of the language makes the soccer game a lot more exciting!
    And speaking of soccer. It has not been a good day for the teams I would have like to see win....Sweden beat Mexico and Korea beat Germany. Not at all what I wanted to see. Maybe the afternoon games will be better...but first a good nap! Tired for some reason.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    Nothing better than saltines or maybe Oyster Crackers with Chili.

That is why they play the game, nothing is set in concrete. Maybe next year.
    Another of our afternoon thunder storms....just 10,000 homes with no power. Dinner out! LOL!!! (no, not for me, I still have electricity!)
    Dinner looks a lot like a frozen vegan burger, a baked potato, and a big helping of broccoli. Not exciting, but will be good!
    Cat's in house being a cry baby. Turned his nose up at his dinner AND his treat...If I pet him, scratch his head, rub his chin much more my fingers will be numb. LOL!!

Hope all is well for Ed over on his side of the county.

Later...
    I can hear the thunder creeping closer and louder as I type this. It is somewhat unusual to have thunder & Lightning before sunrise IMO. Afternoon thunderstorms are much more common in hot weather.

Oh, I don't know a baked Potato with Broccoli and Cheese sounds good to me. And yes I know You did not mention any vegan cheese :wink:

Sounds like a Lonely cat ?

Since Ed has posted after You I am guessing all is well for him.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    We had our typical evening thunder shower, as expected. Eduardo went fairly simple for dinner.

Tonight (and for three more meals) was cottage pie. Browned ground beef, with onions, garlic, peas and carrots, in a rich tomato and beef gravy, spread in a baking dish and topped with a thin layer of garlic mashed potatoes, and sprinkled with a little sharp Cheddar near the end of baking, when the top of the potatoes had started browning nicely.

Very filling, and very tasty!
    Hi Ed
    Looks good to me, Actually it sounds tastier than it looks and it looks delicious.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 70 with an expected high of 89 and 80% chance of precipitation.

Dark and gloomy out there now with intermittent thunder so I believe the forecast may change to 100% soon.

Need to fold the laundry that's sitting in the laundry room, clean yesterday's cat bowls, feed the cats, and ... take a nap? Didn't sleep as well as I would have liked and the evil cats got me up too early, as usual.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    What is Larry eating today?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEXvdJDVN7E
  • parityanimal
  • GardenKatGardens
    About the time you think the sky is all cried out....the rumbles begin again and here comes the rain! My rain gauge is full. There was room for an inch and a half more rain yesterday...today it over flows!

That Romesco sauce looks and sounds delicious. I will have to have a go at making some. Would be a welcomed addition to my veggies!

I did not make it to the gym today..and I seriously doubt I"ll make it yet tonite! I never could work up enough steam to even consider it. Dark, gray, rainy, good day for staying home. It will mess with my FitBit stats, but who cares???

Toys R Us closing. Sad for kids. I used to take Nate there in the fall, He'd ride in the cart, and I'd pay attention to what he was looking at. Made Christmas shopping for Nate quite easy!!!

Ok, I'm hungry...OH..BEFORE THAT I made some killer French Fries today. I keep seeing people singing the praises of baking fries using cooked potatoes! Sounds weird, right. Except it really is good. I make 'steak fries' with an Idaho baked potato that I nuked yesterday. Cut it in wedges, put it in the toaster oven on broil and they were great. Crispy on the outside, and soft and hot on the inside. Next time I'll make MORE! I only had half a largish potato. Need to do a whole potato. :)

Now, still hungry...need to go find food! I do have a salad already made, but I want a hot dinner.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    P3HZWj.jpg

bq1Jja.jpg

wU5FnB.jpg

uvISDv.jpg

vUvdFb.jpg

UFoLY6.jpg

Osmyor.jpg

kDPylC.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and 1 cent. The Temperature out the door was 68 degrees. it was not real comfortable outdoors while walking there was a Light breeze that went away. There is a heat wave in the forecast starting today with humidity moving in during the day :(

Two hats are talking, one says to the other You stay here, I'll go on ahead

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/heatwave-turns-tap-water-milky-12800936
    British Heatwave turns tap water MILKY colour as authorities rush to assure worried householders it's safe to drink

https://www.wral.com/citing-anti-meat-sentiment-butchers-seek-police-protection/17656884/
    Citing 'anti-meat' sentiment, butchers seek police protection

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/06/26/hud-117000-low-income-san-mateo-san-francisco-marin/
    HUD: $117,000 Now ‘Low-Income’ In 3 Bay Area Counties

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/06/26/fatal-tesla-crash-fort-lauderdale-fl-ntsb-investigation/
    Feds: Tesla Traveling 116 MPH Before Crash That Killed 2

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweltering-europe-loses-fizz-c02-shortage-hits-drinkers-145438375.html
    Sweltering Europe loses its fizz as Co2 shortage hits drinkers

http://news.trust.org/item/20180627070031-z4mgl
    Fires to clear land lead to near-record loss of tree cover in 2017, study shows

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-06-26-antarctica-coldest-place-on-earth-satellite
    Coldest Place on Earth Is Colder Than We Knew

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2018
    Howdy y'all. It's thrilling Thursday! 70 with an expected high of 89 and 80% chance of precipitation.

Dark and gloomy out there now with intermittent thunder so I believe the forecast may change to 100% soon.

Need to fold the laundry that's sitting in the laundry room, clean yesterday's cat bowls, feed the cats, and ... take a nap? Didn't sleep as well as I would have liked and the evil cats got me up too early, as usual.
    Hi Ed
    Thursday was off and on rainy :(
    There was no real thunder, just off and on rain, some of the time only a spritz, other times the sky opened up.

Laundry, Today or tomorrow here.

Before anything else later on today, a Run to CostCo for Kleenex, Frozen Vegetables and some sort of fruit to be determined based on price and what looks really good.

By the way, I looked at a Whole Foods receipt, I had taken one of their bags with me and the receipt shows "Bag Refund" BYO Bag NE on the next line -$0.10

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    About the time you think the sky is all cried out....the rumbles begin again and here comes the rain! My rain gauge is full. There was room for an inch and a half more rain yesterday...today it over flows!
    Hi Valerie
    Sounds like our weather, The brook I walked past today was higher than usual.
    That Romesco sauce looks and sounds delicious. I will have to have a go at making some. Would be a welcomed addition to my veggies!

I did not make it to the gym today..and I seriously doubt I"ll make it yet tonite! I never could work up enough steam to even consider it. Dark, gray, rainy, good day for staying home. It will mess with my FitBit stats, but who cares???

Toys R Us closing. Sad for kids. I used to take Nate there in the fall, He'd ride in the cart, and I'd pay attention to what he was looking at. Made Christmas shopping for Nate quite easy!!!

Ok, I'm hungry...OH..BEFORE THAT I made some killer French Fries today. I keep seeing people singing the praises of baking fries using cooked potatoes! Sounds weird, right. Except it really is good. I make 'steak fries' with an Idaho baked potato that I nuked yesterday. Cut it in wedges, put it in the toaster oven on broil and they were great. Crispy on the outside, and soft and hot on the inside. Next time I'll make MORE! I only had half a largish potato. Need to do a whole potato. :)

Now, still hungry...need to go find food! I do have a salad already made, but I want a hot dinner.

Later...
    Sometimes You just can not do it. I have looked at the weather forecast for the next few days and overnight lows in the mid + 70s with high humidity do not make for good walking. I may only get as far as picking up coffee and boomeranging back home as a result.

The changing buying habits are causing many businesses to rethink or go under sadly.

Just curious, Have You ever considered taking those Steak Fries and Battering them before cooking. The way You cooked Your wedges is more or less how my brother does them, cooked in the oven on a lightly oiled pan covered with Aluminum Foil.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's fantastic Friday! 68 with an expected high of 91 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Need to put the rest of the folded laundry away, clean yesterday's cat bowls, feed the cats, and then maybe putter around with a little light house cleaning.

Hopefully a nap too. Totally clueless what dinner tonight might be. I finished off the cottage pie for dinner last night.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...