Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good morning!
    Have done a couple of little chores, mostly spent time showering, and prep work toward my breakfast. (banana, Ezekiel toast topped with 1/4th of my avocado, and topped with sprouts!) Watching the Uruguay/Russia soccer match. At this point its Uruguay up by 2! BUt its still in the first half. Its HOT there and early morning. Roger imagine playing soccer in 93 degree temps!!! Ieeeeeiiii!

Today, heading for the gym around 2, meanwhile will also make a Walmart run...I need something from there...right this minute I don't remember just what that something could be!!! Have a couple hours to remember :) LOL!

I may do a load of laundry, and I do need to empty the clean dishes that are in the dishwasher, etc!

Ed!!!! You have no idea how happy I was to see the Mapo Tofu. I get that at VeGreen and love it!! Now I can eat it from my own kitchen. YES!!!! Will also check out the gluten free video too!

Fitbit thinks I need 150 steps to 'Win the Hour'. Its a great reminder to get up and move. Gentle reminder at the 50 minute of each hour.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    xeMuPS.jpg

Ln8LEs.jpg

oE7aii.png

iZ8gXT.jpg

8r5SMv.jpg

vEtxRd.jpg

u9sKf5.jpg

B0qPT8.jpg

h7W0tg.gif
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and a dime + something I have not identified due to damage, It does not look like a American coin. The Temperature out the door was 63 degrees. it was comfortable to slightly cool outdoors while walking since there was a breeze. There is a heat wave in the forecast starting Friday with humidity moving in Friday :(

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/6598301/disney-world-no-mosquitos-swamp-why/
    Why mosquitoes at Disney World don’t exist – even though it is built in a swamp

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/6590986/al-ula-6000-year-old-drawings-saudi-arabia-desert/
    Mystery of the 6,000-year-old drawings across 9,000 square miles of Saudi desert

http://news.trust.org/item/20180624180155-k67nd
    Saudi air defenses intercept missile above Saudi capital - state media

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jun/24/walmart-dead-bodies-nationwide-phenomenon/
    Dead bodies found at Walmart stores a nationwide phenomenon

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/end-memes-campaigners-dismayed-european-internet-ruling-n885726
    The end of memes? Campaigners dismayed at European internet ruling

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/24/health/bug-disease-preparedness/index.html
    US 'not ready' for increasing level of deadly bug diseases

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/fl-reg-healing-sponges-20180620-story.html
    Sea sponges may hold key to fighting killer infections

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-imported-more-seafood-2017-prior-141246717--finance.html
    US imported more seafood in 2017 than any prior year

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 72 with an expected high of 93 and 20% chance of precipitation. Typical summer day for the area, sounds like.

Not a lot on the agenda. Maybe a trip to the grocery but probably not.
    Hi Ed
    Yesterday and today into tomorrow looks like nice weather as we head into a forecast heat wave :(

The trip to the grocery store by my brother did not happen. Today he plans to Mow the lawn, whether or not he heads off to the grocery store is still to be determined.

As always Thanks for the links
    Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    Have done a couple of little chores, mostly spent time showering, and prep work toward my breakfast. (banana, Ezekiel toast topped with 1/4th of my avocado, and topped with sprouts!) Watching the Uruguay/Russia soccer match. At this point its Uruguay up by 2! But its still in the first half. Its HOT there and early morning. Roger imagine playing soccer in 93 degree temps!!! Ieeeeeiiii!

Today, heading for the gym around 2, meanwhile will also make a Walmart run...I need something from there...right this minute I don't remember just what that something could be!!! Have a couple hours to remember :) LOL!

I may do a load of laundry, and I do need to empty the clean dishes that are in the dishwasher, etc!

Ed!!!! You have no idea how happy I was to see the Mapo Tofu. I get that at VeGreen and love it!! Now I can eat it from my own kitchen. YES!!!! Will also check out the gluten free video too!

Fitbit thinks I need 150 steps to 'Win the Hour'. Its a great reminder to get up and move. Gentle reminder at the 50 minute of each hour.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I always preferred a sandwich that has a Banana in it to be buttered bread, Peanut Butter and the Banana sliced lengthwise. The Alternative is Buttered Toast and Peanut Butter which softens from the heat and no Banana :smiley:

I do not even want to walk in 93 degree temps further than from the house to the car and back. Forget about running in that sort of heat.

I have that problem so I work around it by putting things on a list as they occur to me :wink:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,227 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's typical Tuesday! 77 with an expected high of 93 and 40% chance of rain. We got quite an afternoon shower yesterday.

Might need to get out to the store today but can probably wait until tomorrow. We'll see. Dishwasher is running now and using the last dishwasher tab, but I won't need to run it again today, so tomorrow may be fine or even the next day for the store.

Lilo has had her shot and we've all had breakfast.

Not much on the agenda.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited June 2018
  • parityanimal
    Emmy tries an emergency 24 hour ration!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgP_o7vugqw
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hi...quick hello!
    Soccer game comes on Fox shortly...I watched soccer at the gym this morning...what a trip! The bank of TV's have Fox next to a Spanish station...so I watched Peru win on the Spanish TV, while watching Denmark on English speaking Fox. That took a lot of concentration! Wonder I didn't fall off the TM!! I think I'll watch Nigeria vs Argentina this after, at home! Tomorrow I will be at the gym and watch Mexico...on Spanish speaking channel. Its more exciting in Spanish, trust me!!

Solved my problem of why I was going to WalMart by just not going! I do keep a running list for most things Roger, but my phone is not always handy, or I'm in a hurry and 'whatever' doesn't make the list!

Ed, had a big storm here too. Fortunately the trees stayed firmly planted...no so much in ATL!
    Not sure what day I'll manage to get to Kroger...couple of things I really need from there that's not available in any of my other stores..:( So for sure I will be shopping one day this week.

Ok, game time.

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Ah...dinner tonight (no picture) was some home made chili, con carne y frijoles. Served over crushed tortilla strips and a generous sprinkle of Mexican style shredded cheese, all of which was then stirred up into the chili and consumed. And Eduardo made enough for another bowl tomorrow.

He COULD have made enough for three or four more bowls but saved half the ground beef for some other dish. Not sure what Eduardo has in mind for it, but I'm sure it will be tasty. I'm pretty sure that when I go to brown it and get it ready for some dish, a meal plan will magically pop up in my head because that's just the way Eduardo works! LOL.

• GardenKatGardens
    I love Eduardo's brain! Wish mine worked that way. I have to go to a lot more 'trouble' like cookbooks, web sites, etc for inspiration. :(
    Your dinner sounds good. Happy to say my dinner was one of Amy's frozen Black Bean tamales with Spanish Rice, and salsa verde on top of a healthy helping of left over spinach/peas/corn/&rice. It's more than I typically eat at night, but I wasn't in the mood to cook anything 'original' AND I really like Amy's frozen tamales!
    Fitbit let me know I met my step goal, and Tom E. has been fed, kitchen is in good shape, so I'm going to turn the A/C down to 76 degrees, and grab my iPad hope to end this Scrabble game with Ted tonite, and unless he is holding something really high in points...I've won!!! Dark clothes are ready to put into the dryer, and tomorrow I'll repeat today...just change the date. Mexico vs Sweden tomorrow at 10 a.m. and I intend to be on 'my' TM, right in front of the TV's! LOL! Should be a good game. Was glad to see Argentina and #70 Messi win this afternoon. This is (if the news folks know what they're talking about) his last year to play soccer. I know he was sure happy this afternoon!!

See ya sometime tomorrow
  • RogerToo
    tAMOXO.jpg

JQTDQE.jpg

wen5Oa.jpg

RALwAj.jpg

BreLqt.jpg

n9jm99.jpg

Lb5HBQ.jpg

5OKULP.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 65 degrees. it was comfortable to slightly cool outdoors while walking since there was a breeze. There is still a heat wave in the forecast starting on Friday with humidity moving in Friday :(

https://www.infowars.com/company-introduces-5-million-phone-hacking-surveillance-van/
    Company Introduces $5 Million Phone Hacking Surveillance Van
    ‘SpearHead 360’ van reportedly comes with zero-day exploits for Android and Apple devices

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2018/06/22/nonstick-chemicals-can-really-stick-around-in-your-body
    Nonstick Chemicals Can Really Stick Around – in Your Body

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/06/25/new-supervolcano-is-brewing-under-massachusetts-vermont-and-new-hampshire.html
    A new supervolcano is brewing under Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's typical Tuesday! 77 with an expected high of 93 and 40% chance of rain. We got quite an afternoon shower yesterday.

Might need to get out to the store today but can probably wait until tomorrow. We'll see. Dishwasher is running now and using the last dishwasher tab, but I won't need to run it again today, so tomorrow may be fine or even the next day for the store.

Lilo has had her shot and we've all had breakfast.

Not much on the agenda.
    Hi Ed
    Please do me a favor and do not forward the heat and humidity north to New Jersey.
    Emmy tries an emergency 24 hour ration!
    I have a water filter straw and a package of Emergency Food Rations bar that has 3 days of long life food just in case :wink:
    Ah...dinner tonight (no picture) was some home made chili, con carne y frijoles. Served over crushed tortilla strips and a generous sprinkle of Mexican style shredded cheese, all of which was then stirred up into the chili and consumed. And Eduardo made enough for another bowl tomorrow.

He COULD have made enough for three or four more bowls but saved half the ground beef for some other dish. Not sure what Eduardo has in mind for it, but I'm sure it will be tasty. I'm pretty sure that when I go to brown it and get it ready for some dish, a meal plan will magically pop up in my head because that's just the way Eduardo works! LOL.
    What I do is a soon as possible I cook up Hamburger as it is my opinion that the grinding process introduces surface things throughout the meat speeding up spoilage. Sometimes I loose fry and sometimes I make hamburger patties depending on my mood.
    I was curious about Your Chili, IMO Kidney beans and a tomato based sauce with chili powder, whereas my Brother feels that anything beyond the meat in the sauce is wrong. It is strange as we both grew up eating moms which is as I described it :wink: FWIW I prefer Shredded Cheddar on it.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi...quick hello!
    Soccer game comes on Fox shortly...I watched soccer at the gym this morning...what a trip! The bank of TV's have Fox next to a Spanish station...so I watched Peru win on the Spanish TV, while watching Denmark on English speaking Fox. That took a lot of concentration! Wonder I didn't fall off the TM!! I think I'll watch Nigeria vs Argentina this after, at home! Tomorrow I will be at the gym and watch Mexico...on Spanish speaking channel. Its more exciting in Spanish, trust me!!

Solved my problem of why I was going to WalMart by just not going! I do keep a running list for most things Roger, but my phone is not always handy, or I'm in a hurry and 'whatever' doesn't make the list!

Ed, had a big storm here too. Fortunately the trees stayed firmly planted...no so much in ATL!
    Not sure what day I'll manage to get to Kroger...couple of things I really need from there that's not available in any of my other stores..:( So for sure I will be shopping one day this week.

Ok, game time.

Later...
    Hi Valerie
    I use a small lined pad, If I had a smart phone which I do not have I do not think I would adapt to using it to keep a list being somewhat set in my ways :smiley: What I have are two flip phones, on for each number. The One that I ported my land line to is on Consumer Cellular and costs me a whopping $15+ a month and the phone was really cheap to buy, OTOH the cheap phone does not have the battery life of the Samsung on the Verizon Service and has less features. It works and does what a phone should do IMO, That is let me make calls and receive phone calls :smiley:

Are You indication that You also speak Spanish ? A second language is something I never managed :(

I thought I saw bad weather on last nights News broadcast.
    I love Eduardo's brain! Wish mine worked that way. I have to go to a lot more 'trouble' like cookbooks, web sites, etc for inspiration. :(
    Your dinner sounds good. Happy to say my dinner was one of Amy's frozen Black Bean tamales with Spanish Rice, and salsa verde on top of a healthy helping of left over spinach/peas/corn/&rice. It's more than I typically eat at night, but I wasn't in the mood to cook anything 'original' AND I really like Amy's frozen tamales!
    Fitbit let me know I met my step goal, and Tom E. has been fed, kitchen is in good shape, so I'm going to turn the A/C down to 76 degrees, and grab my iPad hope to end this Scrabble game with Ted tonite, and unless he is holding something really high in points...I've won!!! Dark clothes are ready to put into the dryer, and tomorrow I'll repeat today...just change the date. Mexico vs Sweden tomorrow at 10 a.m. and I intend to be on 'my' TM, right in front of the TV's! LOL! Should be a good game. Was glad to see Argentina and #70 Messi win this afternoon. This is (if the news folks know what they're talking about) his last year to play soccer. I know he was sure happy this afternoon!!

See ya sometime tomorrow
    I leave cooking to my brother for the most part, I can follow recipes and they do work of course. I need to get in touch with my sister and have her send me the recipe she uses for Pistachio Cake, They were delicious before she moved to the other coast. Now we are on the east coast and the west coast :(

Thinking about it, maybe I can pick up white rice from the Chinese Take Out and Pull a pound of lean and therefore less tasty Organic Hamburger out of the freezer to loose fry and make Spanish Rice. I know my brother can do it so with a little help....

Amy's are from the freezer section of the Grocery Store ?

Were You running the AC warmer than 76 degrees? I had ours set to 72 yesterday as I was feeling the results of something my brother picked up for me. I had asked for a partial spoonful of Mac & Cheese from the Hot food Bar, I think I got a heaping spoonful rather than just enough to have the taste. The Carbs made me feel hot ans sweaty, Thus now that I am back from walking it will shortly be shower time.

Have a Nice Day, Enjoy the Football
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday!

70 out there now with an expected high of 89 and 50% chance of precipitation. Speaking of which, boy, howdy, did we get some last night! Thunder, lightning, wind, the works! Haven't been outside yet this morning but didn't hear anything crashing down on the house, though some of the lightning seemed awfully close, based on how quickly the thunder boomed.

I've finished off the chili for breakfast, and must say it makes a delicious breakfast. Need to clean cat bowls from yesterday, feed the cats, do some laundry and maybe get out to Publix for a couple of things.

Happy to say my dinner was one of Amy's frozen Black Bean tamales with Spanish Rice, and salsa verde on top of a healthy helping of left over spinach/peas/corn/&rice. It's more than I typically eat at night, but I wasn't in the mood to cook anything 'original' AND I really like Amy's frozen tamales!

J loves most of the Amy's things that I sometimes buy for him, including that specific Black Bean tamale one! Another good frozen brand is Cedar Hill. He likes most of their frozen stuff too.

RogerToo wrote: »

What I do is a soon as possible I cook up Hamburger as it is my opinion that the grinding process introduces surface things throughout the meat speeding up spoilage. Sometimes I loose fry and sometimes I make hamburger patties depending on my mood.

I was curious about Your Chili, IMO Kidney beans and a tomato based sauce with chili powder, whereas my Brother feels that anything beyond the meat in the sauce is wrong. It is strange as we both grew up eating moms which is as I described it :wink: FWIW I prefer Shredded Cheddar on it.

I usually freeze my ground beef shortly after arrival home, and after thawing make sure to brown it thoroughly and then simmer the food for a while to ensure that it's well cooked.

My mother's chili, when I was growing up, was very soupy and I would now call that chili bean soup I think. She added cut/broken spaghetti to it, but not a lot. Just enough to make it somewhat like a bean soup with spaghetti noodles. It seems that many people in that area of western Kentucky made chili in a similar fashion, though one family we were friendly with had it with small diced potato bits instead of spaghetti. At the time we children thought the potatoes were a weird thing to put in it, but we ate it anyway when it was put in front of us, and it was good. We always ate what was put in front of us because that was the rule!

Mom would use red kidney beans or small red beans, whichever was available, and that generally depended on what had been on sale at the grocery when she was shopping. The cheaper bean always won.

I personally prefer to have beans in the chili, along with my ground beef, and like it very thick and meaty, with not TOO many beans. And I prefer the canned chili beans, which are generally not kidney beans. If not those, then small red beans or even black beans.

I can eat red kidney beans but find that they have somewhat tougher skins than the canned chili beans, which are made from a different bean, and that gives the kidney beans a texture that I'm not as fond of, so I don't generally use them though I'll certainly use them in a pinch.

Update: Cats have now been fed (while I was still entering this message) and I'm about to get the laundry going, and maybe step out to see how many blueberries need picking. I already got this morning's handful of blackberries.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal