Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I walked today, + One battered penny.
    The weather was OK, I was OK in light gloves and a thicker Long sleeve shirt than yesterday :)

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's fabulous Friday! Caught up on the filing yesterday, and cleaned the rain runoff out of the spill buckets (where they put the gas into the tanks) because even though they have enough depth to hold a bit, we're supposed to keep them cleaned out. Also got my weekly mini-inventory of 30 "random" items done. I don't actually pick random items, but usually start at a certain point in the list (or on a rack) and just run down until I've done at least 30. Then the next time I'll start at the next point on the list (or rack) and continue so that over time I get the whole kiosk done and hopefully the inventory isn't very far off.

You might not think there's much inventory in that little kiosk but my predecessor managed to pack in extra types of candy bars and put chips in where there wasn't ANY room, as well as motor oil and some of the fuel additives. We've actually got, with all the cigarettes and tobacco, a couple of hundred or more items in there. Part of our supplies are stored in the employee bathroom, but there's enough room still to turn around in there so it's OK.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some only once...

Hi Ed
    It sounds as if You predecessor was a bit of a hoarder/pack-rat :)
    Are you thinking about thinning the inventory somewhat of the slower moving item?

Cheers
    Roger

Good Friday Morning! TGIF Ed!
    Another beautiful sunny morning to enjoy my coffee! I'm loving this!
    The beans are some of the best I've cooked yet. I think its because I put in more chopped garlic than usual. I've frozen some of them, and eating them as my protein at at least two meals. Yes, you now know someone who eats beans with salsa as part of her breakfast!!!
    Scale was feeling benevolent this morning and put a smile on my face before I'd even had coffee!! Good way to start the day!

Ed who would have guessed you had such a wide array of items in that little kiosk! I'd go nuts with candy bars and chips in front of me all day...arg!!!

I was lucky thru the storms Roger, but large parts of my county got hit pretty good. We usually see these kinds of storms in the spring, but because the temps were so nice (70's), and that cold front was so strong....we got slammed. I had 2 inches of rain in the gauge the next morning.

Today looks like a trip to the gym and a free online movie, and maybe a quick vacuum date. :)

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I agree, out of sight out of mind, but with them right in front of me, That would be tough.

Today looks much better than yesterday, The sun is shining and the temperatures are OK, Tomorrow we go back much colder :(

Had a one hour power outage overnight that ruined my sleep. I may really need a nap today :)

Our family has never been afraid to eat dinner foods for breakfast.

Cheers
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good Morning! It's Saturday...hope everyone is sleeping in!
    Hockey this morning...about 45 minutes drive time..arg! And hockey tomorrow, but at least its not until noon! :)
    Looks like a chilly, but sunny day. Maybe I'll trim another shrub...have a couple movies I'd like to watch while they're up for free, and usual Saturday chores.
    Did make the trip to the gym, And, Whole Foods. Got a smallish purple eggplant....crafting a noodleless lasagna in my head.....think I'll slice the eggplant thinly, salt and drain it, either pan sear or roast briefly, and use it as the noodle, with a lot of sliced mushrooms, onion, peppers, and_______???

Off to the shower, then traverse 3 of our notorious Interstates.....ugh!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,306 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

In the fuel center, the tobacco products, candy, gum and mints are mostly pre-defined by the district, though there is a little wiggle room as the racks for displaying them sometimes have just a bit of extra space. If the city allows, then there will be six or seven drink coolers outside displaying all sorts of drinks, and displays of motor oil, transmission fluid, cases of drinks, fire wood, etc.

My store is physically located in John's Creek (though the mailing address is Alpharetta) and John's Creek won't allow most of that outside stuff. We have two outside vending items: an ice box (only ten pound bags) and a large sliding door cooler for Coca Cola products. Inside we have a very small cooler for Pepsi products and an even smaller one (that customers can't see) for overflow from the others, as well as Kroger single half liter water bottles. We can also store our lunch in the smallest one if there is room.

We have three added candy bars, which is all the wiggle room we had there, as all the others are required items. My predecessor had cleaned out a small storage cabinet and removed its sliding doors for use in displaying additional snacks, and moved a storage cabinet from outdoors into the rather roomy bathroom, for storing supplies indoors (which is really more convenient anyway, and didn't require locking the cabinet) so that made room for some chips, cookies, and peanut butter crackers. We did have some peanuts and sunflower seeds hanging from the ceiling but we can't get those anymore, which is a shame, as they were good sellers. Then we have some 5 hour energy scams...er, shots, Tums and a couple of headache remedies and that's about it. It's amazing how many tobacco and candy products you can fit into a relatively small space, which is why we have so many items in there.

I am watching some of the added candy bars and considering letting some of them go and, perhaps, rotating in something different. We've been having some requests for Milky Way, which we don't have out there, and perhaps it could replace one of the other three that aren't selling so well, in my opinion.

For chips, we try to always have Lays Classic (very popular), Doritos Nacho (likewise) and Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream (when we can get them) along with a varying selection for two or three more, depending on what's available in the big store. Right now I have some Cheddar popcorn, some Butter popcorn, and some Ruffles Fully Dressed (a limited time offer) but we rotate in Cheetos, Funyuns, or whatever I can find to give us a decent variety in a limited space. There are times when there are only three items that seem to be available in the store, so those three are it for the chips.

Some customers like the variety, and some wish we were more consistent, but we're constrained by what's available in the big store, and that's how I explain it to them. I have what I can get any given time and I'm sorry that I don't always have their favorite...I don't get to give a Fuel Kiosk order to the Frito vendor...

I don't think many people realize how much work and planning go into stocking that little kiosk. Trust me, the lead/manager does NOT have time to sit down and read in the quiet spaces. Once in a while I can just sit and chill. I treasure those brief moments. LOL. I usually have scheduling, filing, supply ordering, cleaning or something else that requires my attention. Thankfully, I don't have to generally get tobacco products, as the store sends someone out with those, ice, Coke and Pepsi products. They are SUPPOSED to take care of our other items, but I usually have to get the candy and chips and motor oil and such (including Red Bull and the 5 hour shots, as that's not covered by Pepsi or Coke) myself as they don't have time. If I don't have time either, we run out and no one likes THAT.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked today and picked up my coffee from Dunkin Donuts, I got a gift card for $20 from my brother that he would not use, he won it in a drawing at a meeting.

Then By Registering at DDperks with the card info I got a printable coupon for a free coffee, Best Price I know of.

It was Cold today, 36 in a nearby town according to News12 when I checked to see what to wear fro my walk.

Talk about coincidences I was awake at 4:37AM and looked at the Clock/outdoor temperature reading on the clock. 4:37AM and 43.7 degrees on the front porch :)

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
    Good Morning! It's Saturday...hope everyone is sleeping in!
    Hockey this morning...about 45 minutes drive time..arg! And hockey tomorrow, but at least its not until noon! :)
    Looks like a chilly, but sunny day. Maybe I'll trim another shrub...have a couple movies I'd like to watch while they're up for free, and usual Saturday chores.
    Did make the trip to the gym, And, Whole Foods. Got a smallish purple eggplant....crafting a noodleless lasagna in my head.....think I'll slice the eggplant thinly, salt and drain it, either pan sear or roast briefly, and use it as the noodle, with a lot of sliced mushrooms, onion, peppers, and_______???

Off to the shower, then traverse 3 of our notorious Interstates.....ugh!

Later...

Hi Kat
    They say we are getting northern air and that is why the cold right now. High is supposed to be low 50s today, colder tomorrow :(

Three notorious Interstates :)
    Bad enough I'll be on a state highway later going to the nearby mall to the Apple Store to see if they fix one of the two Ipods, An old 4Gb and a newer smaller 8Gb Nano. If not I may have to end up with the new models that have a tough screen instead of the Wheel gizmo, technical term :) Those are now considered the Ipod Classic and the cheapest I saw for them was $250!

Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's sensational Saturday!

In the fuel center, the tobacco products, candy, gum and mints are mostly pre-defined by the district, though there is a little wiggle room as the racks for displaying them sometimes have just a bit of extra space. If the city allows, then there will be six or seven drink coolers outside displaying all sorts of drinks, and displays of motor oil, transmission fluid, cases of drinks, fire wood, etc.

My store is physically located in John's Creek (though the mailing address is Alpharetta) and John's Creek won't allow most of that outside stuff. We have two outside vending items: an ice box (only ten pound bags) and a large sliding door cooler for Coca Cola products. Inside we have a very small cooler for Pepsi products and an even smaller one (that customers can't see) for overflow from the others, as well as Kroger single half liter water bottles. We can also store our lunch in the smallest one if there is room.

We have three added candy bars, which is all the wiggle room we had there, as all the others are required items. My predecessor had cleaned out a small storage cabinet and removed its sliding doors for use in displaying additional snacks, and moved a storage cabinet from outdoors into the rather roomy bathroom, for storing supplies indoors (which is really more convenient anyway, and didn't require locking the cabinet) so that made room for some chips, cookies, and peanut butter crackers. We did have some peanuts and sunflower seeds hanging from the ceiling but we can't get those anymore, which is a shame, as they were good sellers. Then we have some 5 hour energy scams...er, shots, Tums and a couple of headache remedies and that's about it. It's amazing how many tobacco and candy products you can fit into a relatively small space, which is why we have so many items in there.

I am watching some of the added candy bars and considering letting some of them go and, perhaps, rotating in something different. We've been having some requests for Milky Way, which we don't have out there, and perhaps it could replace one of the other three that aren't selling so well, in my opinion.

For chips, we try to always have Lays Classic (very popular), Doritos Nacho (likewise) and Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream (when we can get them) along with a varying selection for two or three more, depending on what's available in the big store. Right now I have some Cheddar popcorn, some Butter popcorn, and some Ruffles Fully Dressed (a limited time offer) but we rotate in Cheetos, Funyuns, or whatever I can find to give us a decent variety in a limited space. There are times when there are only three items that seem to be available in the store, so those three are it for the chips.

Some customers like the variety, and some wish we were more consistent, but we're constrained by what's available in the big store, and that's how I explain it to them. I have what I can get any given time and I'm sorry that I don't always have their favorite...I don't get to give a Fuel Kiosk order to the Frito vendor...

I don't think many people realize how much work and planning go into stocking that little kiosk. Trust me, the lead/manager does NOT have time to sit down and read in the quiet spaces. Once in a while I can just sit and chill. I treasure those brief moments. LOL. I usually have scheduling, filing, supply ordering, cleaning or something else that requires my attention. Thankfully, I don't have to generally get tobacco products, as the store sends someone out with those, ice, Coke and Pepsi products. They are SUPPOSED to take care of our other items, but I usually have to get the candy and chips and motor oil and such (including Red Bull and the 5 hour shots, as that's not covered by Pepsi or Coke) myself as they don't have time. If I don't have time either, we run out and no one likes THAT.

Hi Ed
    I know I am always unhappy when limited time foods are gone. I imagine You sometimes get the why can't You get them questions.

5 hour energy :) Sugar and Caffeine I suspect, never having looked at the ingredients.
    The other day I watched a fellow guzzle two of them outside the 7 Eleven when I was picking up my morning Coffee.

It sounds like You are outside of a regular Grocery Store. Here many gas stations have Mini Marts attached, They would be more work managing.

BTW I was curious, If I am not imposing, a question for You.
    I am in a Not allowed to self serve state, I believe Your state is a self serve state. When my Youngest Brother was traveling he ran across a Gas Station that would not take Cash !! Credit or Debit only, I was not aware You could get away with not taking legal tender. Do You do Cash and charge or charge only?

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    In God we trust. All others pay cash, debit or credit. No checks.
  • GardenKatGardens
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Its COLD down here. That 'northern front' that ROger mentioned....its here, and being pushed by 16+ wind. We actually have wind chill temps being reported this morning... Right now on my porch its 36 actual degrees..I don't even want to think about what the wind chill might be....I am not ready for this, its not January yet!

Hockey today, at a respectable hour...like 12:30 or something, (need to check on that!).

Dishwasher unloaded, and breakfast for me and the wild woods kitties taken care of...off to the shower.

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was walking today, I went off of the Streets and sidewalks for part of it and wandered through the woods by one of our parks for a change of pace.
    Temperature was not too bad today, tomorrow is supposed to be colder.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    In God we trust. All others pay cash, debit or credit. No checks.

Hi Ed
    That was pretty much what we did where I worked the last 16 years before they closed and I retired. We had a check verification service when we did checks. The cost was somewhat high and they were slow paying any bad checks back :)

Cheers
    Roger
    Good Sunday Morning!
    Its COLD down here. That 'northern front' that Roger mentioned....its here, and being pushed by 16+ wind. We actually have wind chill temps being reported this morning... Right now on my porch its 36 actual degrees..I don't even want to think about what the wind chill might be....I am not ready for this, its not January yet!

Hockey today, at a respectable hour...like 12:30 or something, (need to check on that!).

Dishwasher unloaded, and breakfast for me and the wild woods kitties taken care of...off to the shower.

Later...

Hi Valerie
    Off to the Store to try and beat the crowd and then I will finish this message :)

Well we are now back from the Grocery Store where we Picked up the Free Turkey up to 21 pounds. Picked up a 20.79 pounds Turkey. Once Cooked and the left overs are Vacuum sealed there will be plenty of free Proteins in the Freezer :)

I see from what my Brother bought that the Menu will have Homemade pies, Lasagna and Whipped Cream, Mashed Potatoes and of course the Turkey.

While we were out back the free Sunday paper Genie left one in the driveway. It happens periodically as part of a subscription drive.

Tomorrow we are in the cold. The Temperature is already dropping from when I was out earlier walking.

Enjoy the Hockey Game
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! Yesterday we had a memorial service for a friend/acquaintance who was in the Orchid society, followed by a light lunch (in the church hall) and then rushed home from Athens to prepare my enormous spicy, cheesy, shredded potato casserole for last night's party. It was a big hit, and there may be just enough left for one good serving each. Not vegan, but vegetarian. For a while it was the ONLY potato available, which may have contributed some to its popularity, though later a guest did bring a huge bowl of mashed potatoes, and another brought a large tub of potato salad. As expected, there was turkey, ham, dressing, gravy, and an assortment of sides that were mostly tasty. I managed to find roasted carrots, potato salad, potato casserole, NOT mashed potatoes (turkey broth in them), some spinach casserole, and some fourth item, I forget what, that were vegetarian for J's plate, as he was working the registration desk fairly late into the party, along with a piece of chocolate pudding pie for his dessert. Someone brought some mac and cheese very late, so I brought J a bite of that too. He said he got enough to eat, and later when registration had pretty much closed, he found a cupcake to eat as extra.

Today I've had breakfast and then back to bed for a short nap with Lilo (missed my nap yesterday, and needed it!) and will likely go back for another nap after lunch. Speaking of lunch, I need to see about warming up the rest of the vegetarian hot and sour soup I made the other day.

• parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! And it's COLD out there! 30 feels like 25 according to the weather channel page.

I've had my breakfast so off to the rat mines!

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Shivering Monday Morning!
    Ed nailed it! ITS COLD out there. 30 on my back porch too. (at least it wasn't the 11 inches of snow that my friend in Detroit area got over the weekend..)

Yesterday's game was a tie...one of those ties that should count as a LOSS. The little guys were ahead 2-0, and then 3-0....and they lost it! 3-3 was the final.
    I went to the gym before the game, and Whole Foods after...so from 10:30 til almost 3 I was gone. Pretty much was my day. :) I did watch the end of a movie I'd started earlier, but that was pretty much 'it' for me.

Nothing pressing on the agenda today...carrot recipe I want to try, and I may re-season my small Lodge skillet. Stuff is sticking in it...and it shouldn't be happening. Oh, well will keep this part of the house toasty warm!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was walking this morning. Wow was it it cold around 32 degrees, It would not have been bad except that there was a breeze too. I was warm enough except for the exposed area on my face :(

I am sitting here listening to Chandu the Magician from here
    https://archive.org/details/otr_chanduthemagician
    Lots of Public Domain old time radio shows here to listen to or download for later
    https://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio?

Earlier I was listening to Fibber McGee & Molly
    Cheers
    Roger
    Howdy y'all. It's marvelous Monday! And it's COLD out there! 30 feels like 25 according to the weather channel page.

I've had my breakfast so off to the rat mines!

Hi Ed
    It is cold here too, Slightly warmer than Atlanta area according to the TV news broadcast this morning.

Have a nice day
    Roger
    Good Shivering Monday Morning!
    Ed nailed it! ITS COLD out there. 30 on my back porch too. (at least it wasn't the 11 inches of snow that my friend in Detroit area got over the weekend..)

Yesterday's game was a tie...one of those ties that should count as a LOSS. The little guys were ahead 2-0, and then 3-0....and they lost it! 3-3 was the final.
    I went to the gym before the game, and Whole Foods after...so from 10:30 til almost 3 I was gone. Pretty much was my day. :) I did watch the end of a movie I'd started earlier, but that was pretty much 'it' for me.

Nothing pressing on the agenda today...carrot recipe I want to try, and I may re-season my small Lodge skillet. Stuff is sticking in it...and it shouldn't be happening. Oh, well will keep this part of the house toasty warm!

Later...

Hi Kat
    As You can see I am doing so listening to Old Time Radio shows. I have also been collecting them to load into a iPod Nano for when I go walking. Now to get the Nano to set up.

It sounds like You had a busy day Sunday.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Not quite as cold this morning, if one degree makes a difference...

Off to the salt races!

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning!
    Been up for ages...well, hours :)...
    Usual stuff. Beans cooking in the crock this morning...house smells delicious. They'll be ready for dinner!

Sunny, and colder on my end of the county Ed....yesterday it was 30, this morning 28. BOTH way to cold for my tastes!! LOL!!
    Hope you dressed warmly, and that the kiosk stays toasty. Supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow...hope so, its tag day, and you'll probably be out at the pumps.

Roger, I love the old time radio shows....at one time in my life I had albums of old radio, and the kids and I would listen and laugh. Jack can still remember some of it...Ted was too young. Jack also got my love of the 'Big Band Era'.... Maybe cuz when I was expecting...we lived near to Quincy, Ill, and the big bands would stop their bus and play, spend the night, then head on to either St. Louis or Kansas City...we always went with a bunch of friends and spent the night dancing! It was wonderful fun!

Ok, gotta run...
    Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Well, I went walking today, Somewhat colder than Yesterday, No Breeze however so it worked out about the same. I suspect I should have waited til later in the day, Finally the Sun has broken through the clouds :)

Currently Listening to The Sad Sack Show 1946-06-19, Followed by FredAllen371222_Town_Hall_TonightSanta_Will_Not_Ride_Tonight_Guest_Jack_Benny.mp3 and The Fat Man - Murder Squares the Triangle.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
    Good Morning!
    Been up for ages...well, hours :)...
    Usual stuff. Beans cooking in the crock this morning...house smells delicious. They'll be ready for dinner!

Sunny, and colder on my end of the county Ed....yesterday it was 30, this morning 28. BOTH way to cold for my tastes!! LOL!!
    Hope you dressed warmly, and that the kiosk stays toasty. Supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow...hope so, its tag day, and you'll probably be out at the pumps.

Roger, I love the old time radio shows....at one time in my life I had albums of old radio, and the kids and I would listen and laugh. Jack can still remember some of it...Ted was too young. Jack also got my love of the 'Big Band Era'.... Maybe cuz when I was expecting...we lived near to Quincy, Ill, and the big bands would stop their bus and play, spend the night, then head on to either St. Louis or Kansas City...we always went with a bunch of friends and spent the night dancing! It was wonderful fun!

Ok, gotta run...
    Later...

Hi Valerie
    I still have LPs of the old radio shows in the basement along with lots of Big Bands. For the radio shows it is quicker and easier to download them from the link I posted earlier to put on the iPod or stream them like I am doing right now. Since they are marked Public Domain I do not feel guilty downloading them either.

I am enjoying listening to them in the background as I type this too.

I think the News12 this morning was showing 26 degrees in a nearby town so I know You and Ed are not happy either.

Stay Warm
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Hey Roger....looks like we have all found 'winter'...only I hope again this year not to see the 'white' stuff, no matter how pretty. If I want pretty, I can snowy pix online!! :)
    Have bookmarked the web site for old time programs...thanks! I'm sure I'll enjoy a lot of them!

Got my gym day in, and several other chores...right now I'm hungry to eat those beans I've been smelling all day!!

Later...
  • parityanimal
    Really? There are going to be RESTRICTIONS for just a few days, and you can't just TELL me what those are but you have to include a .XLS file that explains them, instead of telling me in the text?
    Oh, and this very important email is from the FEDERAL RESERVE BANK at admin@hdredirect-lb-399551664.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com? Yeah, OK...sure. I'm sure there must be a valid reason for the FEDERAL RESERVE BANK to be sending mail from such an odd email address.
    DON'T FALL FOR THIS OBVIOUS SCAM FOLKS!. The macros in the .XLS file attached are sure to be malicious. If it were real, it would be signed by a person, not a bogus title. And it would be addressed to you BY NAME. And wouldn't be coming from admin@hdredirect-lb-399551664.us-east-1.elb.amazonaws.com...
    Email shown (minus cute, official looking formatting) below:
    FED Wire and ACH Restrictions. Important!
    FEDERAL RESERVE BANK

Important:
    You are getting this letter in connection with new directive No. 172390635 issued by U.S. Treasury Department, Federal Reserve and Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The directive concerns U.S. Federal Wire and ACH online payments.

We regret to inform you that from 11/24/2015 till 11/27/2015 definite restrictions will be applied to all Federal Wire and ACH online transactions.
    It's essential to know all the restrictions and the list of affected institutions. The process of working with online transactions is mostly very tense, so it's possible to overlook the applied restrictions, that may be very important for you.

More detailed information regarding the affected institutions and U.S. Treasury Department restrictions is contained in the attached document.

Federal Reserve Bank System Administration
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Thanksgiving Eve! We're in a warming trend. Only 36 out there this morning.

Off to the rat mines.

• GardenKatGardens
    Good Morning Guys!
    As Ed mentioned...its warming. Should be nice (mid 60's) tomorrow afternoon! I'm ready! LOL!

No real news. Ed, that was quite an email you rec'd. Thanks for the heads up.
    Hope you get to enjoy Thanksgiving day OFF...and spend your time any way that makes you happy...like sleeping in, and if past still applies you'll be happy in the kitchen most of the day! Roger, warning!
    Ed has in the past done marathon cooking most of Thanksgiving Day! Posting either commentaries, pictures or recipe's to make us drool! :)

Yesterdays crock of beans were delicious, and I had a nice helping last night with dinner, and just now again with breakfast. Yummmm.

My microwave looks like its been to war, so first thing I get to do is clean it! I hate it when food decides to blow up, the very time I neglected to put a lid or other appropriate cover on it!

Later...
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    On today's walk I went a new route due to the stops I wanted to make.
    1st Post Office, Then Dunkin Donuts for a Extra large Black Coffee on the Gift Card from my Brother, then while there I picked up the Free Boston Creme Doughnut for him, The Last receipt had a place to take a survey and enter a validation code for a free doughnut :) Then some walking and back to the bank to make a deposit for both of us and home. 8K+ steps.

It was only a couple of degrees warmer than yesterday when I started out, No real breeze however and then it warmed up by the time I left the bank.

Last Night we started the Holiday baking with Banana nut Muffins using Hickory Nuts. I ended up eating some of them since I had not had any of those for years. Then Peeled to many Bananas so I ate the extra one :) and Tasted the Batter after filling the Muffin Tin.

Today is prep day. I already peeled the potatoes and they are cooking, While I did that he Made the Dressing AKA Stuffing and it is in the Oven, Later on a Pumpkin Pie and a Mincemeat pie. Tonight the Turkey goes in the oven on am lowish heat so that it can rest and firm up tomorrow before being carved. It will still be warm FWIW. He also made Carrot sticks and Celery Sticks as snacks. Tomorrow probably the plate using them with Black Olives, Spanish Olives with Pimento and Home Made Deviled Eggs.

Have a Nice Thanksgiving Eve :)
    Roger
    Hey Roger....looks like we have all found 'winter'...only I hope again this year not to see the 'white' stuff, no matter how pretty. If I want pretty, I can snowy pix online!! :)
    Have bookmarked the web site for old time programs...thanks! I'm sure I'll enjoy a lot of them!

Got my gym day in, and several other chores...right now I'm hungry to eat those beans I've been smelling all day!!

Later...

Hi Valerie
    I can sort of hope for no snow, OTOH the last two winters I think that the shoveling all that White stuff did help with weight loss so I am conflicted :)
    Howdy y'all. It's wonderful Wednesday! Thanksgiving Eve! We're in a warming trend. Only 36 out there this morning.

Off to the rat mines.

Hi Ed
    I have to agree, it just screams scam. I am sure it is a malware delivery vehicle.

Sadly I know many will fall victim to it and they will be turning up on the malware removal forums looking for help, possibly with less money than before to.

While You are at the Rat races hopefull You only bet on the winning rat :)

Enjoy the Day and the upcoming holiday
    Roger
    Good Morning Guys!
    As Ed mentioned...its warming. Should be nice (mid 60's) tomorrow afternoon! I'm ready! LOL!

No real news. Ed, that was quite an email you rec'd. Thanks for the heads up.
    Hope you get to enjoy Thanksgiving day OFF...and spend your time any way that makes you happy...like sleeping in, and if past still applies you'll be happy in the kitchen most of the day! Roger, warning!
    Ed has in the past done marathon cooking most of Thanksgiving Day! Posting either commentaries, pictures or recipe's to make us drool! :)

Yesterdays crock of beans were delicious, and I had a nice helping last night with dinner, and just now again with breakfast. Yummmm.

My microwave looks like its been to war, so first thing I get to do is clean it! I hate it when food decides to blow up, the very time I neglected to put a lid or other appropriate cover on it!

Later...

Hi Again
    I hate that too. I remember the first time I put a NutriSystem Chicken Breast Dinner Entree in to warm up, The one that is only the piece of chicken and You add a Whole Wheat roll. It blew up in the Microwave and sprayed Bits of chicken all over the interior. I am not the only person that reported that hapening either :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • GardenKatGardens
    Roger, sounds like you and your brother have got a lock on this holiday meal!!! Enjoy every bite.
    I found a recipe today on 'The Kitchn' web site for Fig Cranberry sauce. Starts with half cup of whisky! It sounds delish, offered to bring it tomorrow, and was told the blueberry cranberry sauce was already made, and not to make it.
    Making it anyhow, just won't be on DIL's Thanksgiving table. Looks like it should keep well, and will take some to her, and her mom next hockey game..cuz it sounds so good, and should go well with any chicken dish, probably also pork or lamb. Stay tuned...I'll know by tomorrow!!

Your walk sounds like it was fun today Roger, my trek on the TM was predictably boring, but I stuck it out for a mile. It was my 7th day at the gym, and I just wasn't exactly 'into it' today. So, cut it short.

Off to the kitchen...