Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    Yet another cast iron find at Goodwill. Only $2.92 plus tax for this 8 inch skillet! Smoothest cooking surface of any of my cast iron cookware. This will probably become a favorite and not just for cornbread.

g00bmozsjztd.png

s80f5r9vf6gs.png
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    iQbxtu.gif

JreOEl.jpg

2l8r89.jpg

nnOJEl.jpg

ka4ZLc.jpg

5KsduC.jpg

kwQBNO.jpg

1SSRQH.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 73 degrees, it was not comfortable while walking due to the higher temperature and increased humidity which is slightly higher today.

Not a Surprise to me
    https://www.wral.com/money-really-does-lead-to-a-more-satisfying-life/17793260/
    Money Really Does Lead to a More Satisfying Life

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/steve-sparkes-blind-veteran-rowing-from-california-to-hawaii-prepares-to-ride-out-hurricane-lane/
    Blind veteran rowing from California to Hawaii prepares to ride out hurricane
    Stroke by stroke, it's a grueling, 2,400 mile race from Monterey, California, to Hawaii. It's a challenge for anyone, but imagine doing it without being able to see.
    "A sighted person can see the rolling waves coming at you so you can predict the rolling of the boat, I can't," said Steve Sparkes, who is legally blind.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/eastern-shore/bs-md-oc-sea-lice-20180823-story.html
    Sea lice outbreak causes discomfort in Ocean City

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/local/highschool/football-participation-declines-for-the-second-consecutive-year-nationally/article_65d9d993-2fa9-5059-803f-b4879401fcd4.html
    Football participation declines for the second consecutive year nationally

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Ebola-outbreak-now-at-105-cases-and-bordering-13181274.php
    Ebola outbreak now at 105 cases, and bordering countries are on alert

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/A-man-thought-female-drivers-are-incompetent-13182402.php
    A man thought female drivers are 'incompetent' - so he shot them, police say
    Kristine Phillips, The Washington Post

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2018
    Hi Valerie

Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 66 with an expected high of 90 and 0% chance of precipitation.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats. Oliver was showing signs of feeling a bit better when we left (a bit late) for yesterday's party, so we felt like it was OK for both of us to go. When we got home, he was even perkier, and J was able to convince him to eat some kibble. This morning he sounds a bit hoarse but is active and carrying his tail high as usual. He probably chewed on something he shouldn't have (maybe a bit of pothos leaf) and made himself sick.

Yes, I know some people say you shouldn't even HAVE pothos in the house with cats but really, it's not as poisonous as its made out to be. We've always had it and it's never caused any major problem with our cats. If a cat does chew on a leaf, it is very bitter and they won't chew much. It may cause some stomach upset and hoarseness or temporary loss of voice, but the cat will quickly learn to NOT CHEW on that kind of leaf again.

Are we taking a small chance by keeping these plants? Well, only in the sense that a cat may make itself a little bit sick for a day or so but that's one way they learn things. Of course if I were to catch one of them playing with a pothos leaf, I'd take it away from them.

Need to make another mug of tea and perhaps run the dishwasher.
    Hi Ed
    That is how kids learn by doing something they should not do also. Part of life, You could put them in a bubble and protect them from everything but sooner or later they have to leave that nest. Or to put it another way no matter how much You tell a kid don't touch that it's hot or stay away from that poison ivy sooner or later You will hear Ouch or that really itches :wink:

Is the Pothos that pretty a plant, I do not recall seeing what one looks like.
    Mistakes we presumably make cooking eggs.
    I guess I'll know if I have been doing it wrong once I look at that video, I suspect so as I like my eggs well done.
    Kids try French pastries.
    Who doesn't like any type of pastry, I know I do.

Thanks for the image, I'll be forwarding it to my brother. It fits me exactly :blush:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 70 with an expected high of 90 and10% chance of precipitation.

I've had breakfast. I made a cornbread in my latest cast iron acquisition, and had some of that with a little (OK, a lot) of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup, along with some lean bacon and a cheese omelet.

Need to get the cat bowls from yesterday cleaned up and Lilo is already getting antsy about their breakfast, after already getting me up earlier than usual. I hate to make her wait, as she doesn't always have a good appetite, but I also don't want her expecting/wanting food quite this early if I can help it.

I'll probably feed them as soon as I finish posting here. Sort of split the difference.

Oliver has been having fun with his newest trick.

He's learned to appear out of nowhere on my iMac keyboard and very quickly create havoc.

He turned the screen brightness all the way down, and scrolled FaceBook down several screens worth, then turned on VoiceOver, after opening my internet history.

I've never bothered to learn how to turn on VoiceOver myself so it was quite clever of him to do that. Fortunately it was at the opening window of VoiceOver with a button to click to de-activate it.

For all I know he may now have it broadcasting everything I do (with live video!) to the internet, so if you should happen to find a video of me sipping tea and petting....

Petting the cat that is! Well, you can thank Oliver for the video feed.

And as soon as I had undone everything that I know he did, he suddenly appeared on the keyboard again, teleporting from the floor I think, to see what else he could get the computer to do!

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    Sneaky ways fast food restaurants may be scamming us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCpHTU_tWHw
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Giant ostrich egg McMuffin. If this doesn't fill you up, you've got worms!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6KPqH1ACwk
  • parityanimal
    Steve (you remember Steve) tries a 2018 South African 24 hour MRE pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp6J1diRl3c
  • parityanimal
    RogerToo wrote: »

[quote="parityanimal;c-4252459

Well, it isn't spectacular, but it IS easy to grow. Heart shaped green leaves and there are some with variegated leaves that are green and white or green and yellow. They are a vine type of plant and do well draping themselves over book cases or across the tops of windows, using the curtain rod bracket as a place to drape over. I always had one in my office when I was working at the IRS and that one is still growing in the zen penguin room (sunroom) here.
  • parityanimal
    These cat reactions to smelling cheese are hilarious! Lilo would jsut eat the cheese...

https://cheezburger.com/93190657/cats-reactions-to-smelling-cheese-is-the-funniest-thing-youll-see-today
  • RogerToo
    3lhcvB.jpg
    Just Because

KzaLKE.jpg
    Skills !

U372uc.jpg

e5SVZk.jpg

MAhEpO.jpg

M9O6ch.jpg

iuIkFS.jpg

2bFnrE.jpg

9VZbDk.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2018
    Hi Valerie

Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday! 70 with an expected high of 90 and10% chance of precipitation.

I've had breakfast. I made a cornbread in my latest cast iron acquisition, and had some of that with a little (OK, a lot) of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup, along with some lean bacon and a cheese omelet.

Need to get the cat bowls from yesterday cleaned up and Lilo is already getting antsy about their breakfast, after already getting me up earlier than usual. I hate to make her wait, as she doesn't always have a good appetite, but I also don't want her expecting/wanting food quite this early if I can help it.

I'll probably feed them as soon as I finish posting here. Sort of split the difference.

Oliver has been having fun with his newest trick.

He's learned to appear out of nowhere on my iMac keyboard and very quickly create havoc.

He turned the screen brightness all the way down, and scrolled FaceBook down several screens worth, then turned on VoiceOver, after opening my internet history.

I've never bothered to learn how to turn on VoiceOver myself so it was quite clever of him to do that. Fortunately it was at the opening window of VoiceOver with a button to click to de-activate it.

For all I know he may now have it broadcasting everything I do (with live video!) to the internet, so if you should happen to find a video of me sipping tea and petting....

Petting the cat that is! Well, you can thank Oliver for the video feed.

And as soon as I had undone everything that I know he did, he suddenly appeared on the keyboard again, teleporting from the floor I think, to see what else he could get the computer to do!
    Hi Ed
    Wonderful, Just what You need Oliver to do for You.

Butter on Cornbread I have had, Maple Syrup never even crossed my mind.

A teleporting Cat, Just waht You need :smiley:
    Sneaky ways fast food restaurants may be scamming us.
    I need to look at this one in a little while.
    RogerToo wrote: »

[quote="parityanimal;c-4252459

Well, it isn't spectacular, but it IS easy to grow. Heart shaped green leaves and there are some with variegated leaves that are green and white or green and yellow. They are a vine type of plant and do well draping themselves over book cases or across the tops of windows, using the curtain rod bracket as a place to drape over. I always had one in my office when I was working at the IRS and that one is still growing in the zen penguin room (sunroom) here.
    Sometimes easy is better than Pretty.
    These cat reactions to smelling cheese are hilarious! Lilo would jsut eat the cheese...
    What a look on that cats face.
    Giant ostrich egg McMuffin. If this doesn't fill you up, you've got worms!
    I have seen them used in some of the cooking contests such as Iron Chef and Chopped. Tough Shell from what I could see and Much to much for just one person.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! 70 out there with an expected high of 90 and 10% chance of precipitation.

Nothing much on the agenda for today. Maybe a bit of housecleaning. Maybe not.

Need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed today's cats. Lilo has already had her shot.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...
  • parityanimal
    edited August 2018
    I wonder how tofu baked in pastry would work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbKEcOdXvis
  • parityanimal
  • parityanimal
    Low carb chicken divan casserole recipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0_2q5U9aOA
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Good morning!
    Time for me to get moving..cats fed, I just finished eating a bowl of cereal, and I have an online seminar I will only get to watch half of. Hopefully it will be available on UTube for this afternoon. Going for another stretching class
    and a bit of a walk on TM before I go gas the car, and then pick up about 8 items from Kroger....and it better include cat food!!! and apples...which brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask Roger.....have you looked for apples at Costco? Should be about the time to start seeing some early apples...just curious. I've been eating one with my lunch or dinner lately, and supermarket prices for apples is high. (in my elderly opinion)
    Ok, 12 noon....gotta go for now, be back later...
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Answered my own question...no special apples at Costco. What they did have was all organic!, in the walk in refrigerated section. Hopefully in a couple weeks there will be some nice ambrosia's or KiKu, etc.

Dishwasher going, I've had my dinner and Tom E. will have his, soon as I post this :)

Other than that, afternoon went pretty well as planned. Stretching is progressing nicely...yet there's a long way to go! Today was particularly good as I was the only 'victim'. LOL!!

See you in the morning!!
  • RogerToo
    yajDiL.jpg

NhZEwg.jpg

OQQf0G.jpg

9jU2Ic.jpg

4L8XBH.jpg

L6aYVx.jpg

TUQeT8.jpg

wCxA95.jpg

45U9bL.jpg