Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Ok, so where was Valerie??? I dunno either!!
    moved some of the bricks, napped, cut up a honeydew, ate 3 meals...oh, found a new app...to track food, not only the commonly tracked nutrients, (the macro's, ie..protein, fat, carb) but also the minerals, and vitamins, etc. I think it may be a real time saver...its on my phone. I don't think they do a desk top version. It also tracks exercise, weight, hydration, etc. Now, if it just cooked! Oh, it says you can type in the foods OR say them. Couldn't get the voice part to work. If i get that figured out this is going to be above and beyond awesome!

Jack coming to finish up the kitchen, and Ted to do the lawn!!! Wozza! Gonna be a great, and busy day tomorrow. Wonder which grandchild is coming with Jack? Hope its Livy, she went to see Cirque de Soleil today. I'll bet my little gymnasts eyes popped out!!!

Ok, hope you are have had a great day...Ed, did you go the the parade? Roger, what new something was on your list?

Later???
    Hi Valerie
    Here in NJ my brother has been bringing home things from the roadside stand that are locally grown.
    Cantaloupes, Nectarines, Pears, Sweet Corn, and Plums so far. The Cantaloupes are ripe to the skin and sweet. The Vine in the back yard has now produced Cantaloupes that are not yet full grown and ripe, Now if the Deer or Squirrels leave them alone.

For the time being I have given up on tracking things like that. I stay with the NS program and take three different Vitamins and Minerals.

Lots going on for you between the Kitchen and yard.

Cirque de Soleil is something I have never seen and likely never will :wink:

Testing my iPod which is going away. I suspect it will have to be shipped back to apple for repair while they still offer that service $99 according to their website. I tested with two cables and both show the same problem. The cable has to be in just the right location or it does not charge and now iTunes is showing that it does not recognize the iPod. One more test to be sure that is not a iTunes problem, that is plugging in the spare iPod When I heard that apple was discontinuing iPods I picked up a spare and that has been handy if I run the battery to far down to stay turned on I just grab the spare and listen to music while walking.

Wish me Luck
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    parityanimal Posts: 21,220 Member
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 73 with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Cats were all fine last night when we checked on them (and fed them) and it's the last day of the con. Well, the last FULL day. Monday there are still a few morning things going on but then it's over.

I'm sore all over from all the walking but it has given me the opportunity to enjoy some foods I don't normally get to eat much of, like chocolate cake.

Need to get showered and get this day going I guess.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

:)

All mushrooms are edible. Some, only once...

• parityanimal
    edited September 2018
    Kids try cereal from around the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mSWLNJdQ8w
  • parityanimal
    edited September 2018
  • parityanimal
    Weird food combinations that people love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmCQH7vqc3E
  • parityanimal
    Well, today's hotel bagel sandwich breakfast was a bit odd.

When I opened the foil, I found a bagel sandwich with the usual egg, sausage, and cheese, but it was a cinnamon raisin bagel. I don't think the person making the sandwiches this morning was paying attention, because I had no difficulty noticing that it wasn't a plain bagel and they shouldn't have had any trouble noticing that either, but apparently made the sandwich anyway.

I could, quite reasonably, have taken it back and asked for a replacement, but I decided to just go with it and it actually wasn't bad. I'm not going to start making them that way deliberately at home or anything, nor will I probably ever ask that one be made that way, but it wasn't awful, just unusual.

And, of course, a banana with it. My legs, knees and right hip are not happy with me this weekend. I am going to wander up to CVS and find some PowerAde. I think I may need more potassium than I got from the banana.

My phone/watch app are very happy with me and keep commenting on how much walking I've done. At least something's happy. LOL.
  • GardenKatGardens
    GardenKatGardens Posts: 2,496 Member
    Cold packs Ed...sounds awful, but really knocks out the inflammation. Just for fun, look at the nutrition label on that PowerAde. I am not sure that was the sports drink that Nate and I investigated...the one we had was mostly salt. Not much else. Right now I can sympathize . Just home from the gym...long walk, mostly boring. Icing knees. :)

Roger, your weather sounds great. 60 anything overnight is wonderful...we're still running in the 70's, which means it heats up really quickly in the a.m.

Your breakfast bagel didn't sound too weird to me. Very many years ago I took up an offer for breakfast from a fellow night shifter...a pretty good cook? Well, French Toast using rye bread. That was odd. But edible!! kinda like the kids eating breakfast from around the world! Not bad, just different.

Need to feed Tom E. He's being a tease lately. Comes for meals, not when called, but when he gets around to it.

Later...
    Ps, Roger you really should try to see Cirque...it is pretty amazing. My son Jack says you should go to Vagas to see it at which ever hotel it is that it plays at. He and I have gone several times here to the tent show..and he said the one out there was even more spectacular!!! (thats just his opinion)

• RogerToo
    Howdy y'all. It's scintillating Sunday! 73 with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Cats were all fine last night when we checked on them (and fed them) and it's the last day of the con. Well, the last FULL day. Monday there are still a few morning things going on but then it's over.

I'm sore all over from all the walking but it has given me the opportunity to enjoy some foods I don't normally get to eat much of, like chocolate cake.

Need to get showered and get this day going I guess.
    Hi Ed
    I was wondering if that would be the case, it makes sense as it gives people a chance to return home for the new workweek.

Chocolate cake can be good or not so good, I've had both so...
    Well, today's hotel bagel sandwich breakfast was a bit odd.

When I opened the foil, I found a bagel sandwich with the usual egg, sausage, and cheese, but it was a cinnamon raisin bagel. I don't think the person making the sandwiches this morning was paying attention, because I had no difficulty noticing that it wasn't a plain bagel and they shouldn't have had any trouble noticing that either, but apparently made the sandwich anyway.

I could, quite reasonably, have taken it back and asked for a replacement, but I decided to just go with it and it actually wasn't bad. I'm not going to start making them that way deliberately at home or anything, nor will I probably ever ask that one be made that way, but it wasn't awful, just unusual.

And, of course, a banana with it. My legs, knees and right hip are not happy with me this weekend. I am going to wander up to CVS and find some PowerAde. I think I may need more potassium than I got from the banana.

My phone/watch app are very happy with me and keep commenting on how much walking I've done. At least something's happy. LOL.
    I wonder if it was done on purpose ? It might be their version of the McDonalds Breakfast sandwich
    Sausage, Egg & Cheese McGriddles® that feature soft, warm griddle cakes—with the sweet taste of maple
    I suspect I might have liked Yours more than You did, I do like the McDs McGriddle sandwich, OTOH I like sweets.

I buy the Powerade Zero calories or the Gatorade Zero calories depending on which is on sale :smiley:

I just have trouble with a phone/watch app keeping that close a track, That's me however.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Cold packs Ed...sounds awful, but really knocks out the inflammation. Just for fun, look at the nutrition label on that PowerAde. I am not sure that was the sports drink that Nate and I investigated...the one we had was mostly salt. Not much else. Right now I can sympathize . Just home from the gym...long walk, mostly boring. Icing knees. :)

Roger, your weather sounds great. 60 anything overnight is wonderful...we're still running in the 70's, which means it heats up really quickly in the a.m.

Your breakfast bagel didn't sound too weird to me. Very many years ago I took up an offer for breakfast from a fellow night shifter...a pretty good cook? Well, French Toast using rye bread. That was odd. But edible!! kinda like the kids eating breakfast from around the world! Not bad, just different.

Need to feed Tom E. He's being a tease lately. Comes for meals, not when called, but when he gets around to it.

Later...
    Ps, Roger you really should try to see Cirque...it is pretty amazing. My son Jack says you should go to Vagas to see it at which ever hotel it is that it plays at. He and I have gone several times here to the tent show..and he said the one out there was even more spectacular!!! (thats just his opinion)
    Hi Valerie
    The two Powerade Zero I just looked at shows 150mg of sodium per serving.

And we seem to be stuck in a pattern currently we have more high days than cooler days :(

French Toast made with Rye Bread sounds interesting, I wonder how it would taste with no toppings ? That being the way I eat the NS French Toast, No Butter, No Syrup.

My Days of flying are likely done. I think they also appear somewhere in NYC or Long Island, I recollect seeing commercials.

If on Long island especially I think I would hope to be able to afford a Limo :smiley:

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    vTwiFy.jpg

wfLNXe.jpg

RwUfzr.gif

bGU4eF.jpg

1z9FPM.jpg

ajWb8F.jpg

MDJUop.jpg

mHdffl.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I'm back home from walking no cents. The Temperature out the door was 77 degrees, It was semi comfortable while walking due to a gentle breeze. The Humidity has risen to the Oppressive range. Today is day one of a 4 day heat wave according to the Weather forecasts. Ninety Plus for those 4 days and overnights in the mid or higher overnight temperatures :(

I did see two Deer meandering down a side road on my way back home.

https://www.al.com/expo/erry-2018/05/6a4713d9c79343/the_time_we_nuked_mississippi.html
    That time we nuked Mississippi

https://phys.org/news/2018-08-robotel-japan-hotel-staffed-robot.html
    Robotel: Japan hotel staffed by robot dinosaurs

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2018-09-01-first-winter-storm-warning-of-season-in-us-issued-alaska
    First Winter Storm Warning of the Season Has Been Issued in the U.S. on the First Day of Meteorological Fall

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/1010638/cold-weather-forecast-big-freeze-solar-minimum-maximum-space-news
    Earth is set for BIG FREEZE as sun goes BLANK for majority of 2018

https://phys.org/news/2018-08-ice-buildup-power-chemicals.html
    A new way to remove ice buildup without power or chemicals
    August 31, 2018, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Have a Great and Relaxing Labor Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

79 with an expected high of 89 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Finishing up at DragonCon this morning. Checking out of the hotel shortly, then J has to go help check in at a pool party and I have to go home to our house, with our two friends from Pittsburgh who are staying over at our house tonight. But first A wants to see some 11:00 DragonCon event and I want to make a final run through the vending area for something that J wants me to buy if it's still available. Don't know what C will be doing. Maybe go with A, maybe go with me or maybe go do something on his own. Then probably lunch downtown and we all three Marta to Doraville where I conveniently parked my van at the Marta station. J will be driving to the party directly from downtown Atlanta.

Will be nice to be home with the cats.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

• parityanimal
    How to make apple juice with your hands?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQVQECdd9l0
  • parityanimal
    Steak aged and cooked in a log of butter? Or...how to die of fat overload in one meal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suhyTlTi28A
  • parityanimal
    Biscuits for one? That looks like a lot of biscuits for one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOdlZHGP8Sg
  • parityanimal
    Big fat Greek salad. But wait, salad isn't supposed to be fat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysExIzN9fQ
  • parityanimal
    Been home for hours already. J and our guests are playing a card game in the kitchen.

Dinner was pizza. I ordered when J said he was leaving the pool party, but he didn't actually leave for about another hour, saying he was blocked and didn't want to make someone dry off and move their car, so he got to eat cold cheese pizza. Fortunately, this is not really a problem for him. The rest of us were hungry and ate our pizza while it was fresh and hot.

• RogerToo
    edited September 2018
    Hi Valerie

Howdy all y'all. It's marvelous Monday!

79 with an expected high of 89 and 20% chance of precipitation.

Finishing up at DragonCon this morning. Checking out of the hotel shortly, then J has to go help check in at a pool party and I have to go home to our house, with our two friends from Pittsburgh who are staying over at our house tonight. But first A wants to see some 11:00 DragonCon event and I want to make a final run through the vending area for something that J wants me to buy if it's still available. Don't know what C will be doing. Maybe go with A, maybe go with me or maybe go do something on his own. Then probably lunch downtown and we all three Marta to Doraville where I conveniently parked my van at the Marta station. J will be driving to the party directly from downtown Atlanta.

Will be nice to be home with the cats.
    Hi Ed
    Marvelous Monday ? Not to me, Too Hot and Too Humid :wink:

Marta in this case would be a light rail line ?
    How to make apple juice with your hands?
    Why when there are easier solutions including home made cider from roadside stands in the near future.
    Steak aged and cooked in a log of butter? Or...how to die of fat overload in one meal?
    Not a lot different except in scale from eateries putting Butter on the Steak they serve to make them richer, I'd do it :wink:
    Biscuits for one? That looks like a lot of biscuits for one...
    That is a lot of Biscuits and that is from someone that likes Biscuits. Where's the Sausage, Bacon or Dried Beef Gravy ?
    Big fat Greek salad. But wait, salad isn't supposed to be fat!
    I like a big salad and TBH if You eat it without dressing it no problem as I see it except possibly the amount of cheese ?
    Been home for hours already. J and our guests are playing a card game in the kitchen.

Dinner was pizza. I ordered when J said he was leaving the pool party, but he didn't actually leave for about another hour, saying he was blocked and didn't want to make someone dry off and move their car, so he got to eat cold cheese pizza. Fortunately, this is not really a problem for him. The rest of us were hungry and ate our pizza while it was fresh and hot.
    Just Curious what card game, possibilities that come to mind include Bridge, Canasta and others.

I do not mind cold Pizza either, depending on mood I might or might not Microwave it.

FWIW In this area most schools have the first day of school for the new year on Wednesday. I mentioned that only since some seem to have started earlier..

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • parityanimal
    Howdy y'all. It's terrific Tuesday! Cold pizza for breakfast. 73 with an expected high of 90 and 20% chance of precipitation.

A and C are still holed up in the guest room but J says they were all up until 3:00 playing the card game, something where you build some sort of grid on the table and also draw cards trying to achieve certain point values, which may be defined by the grid? I don't know. And they probably moved on to something else after I went to bed. These games use special cards, not a normal playing card deck, and are more of a combination card and board game really, even if they don't use an actual board.

Need to think about laundry, but probably not until tomorrow after A and C have gone back to Pittsburgh. Their flight leaves tonight at 10:10.

But I do need to clean up yesterday's cat bowls and feed the cats. They aren't crying for food yet, except for Dinah who is always wanting food, attention, or both.

• parityanimal
    I'm not sure I've ever consumed kombucha and I'm not sure I ever want to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8t7gL26Mp0