Diabetic Chat Group April 2015

Options

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Yes, to EVERYONE, hope your Memorial Day is most excellent. Bless you all. :):)
  • LovesPrimes
    LovesPrimes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The last couple times I have logged in here, I have had strange security warnings pop up pretending that I have been hacked and need to call a phone number for technical help. I am on a Mac and this is incredibly rare but having it happen twice while on this site makes me worried. Anyone else have anything peculiar happen here. FYI: both times I have used force quit to close the browser completely.
  • gymrat9293
    gymrat9293 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The last couple times I have logged in here, I have had strange security warnings pop up pretending that I have been hacked and need to call a phone number for technical help. I am on a Mac and this is incredibly rare but having it happen twice while on this site makes me worried. Anyone else have anything peculiar happen here. FYI: both times I have used force quit to close the browser completely.

The same popup came up for me. I force closed the popup with the task master. It has come up a couple of times.It is an incredibly irritating popup.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

The same popup came up for me. I force closed the popup with the task master. It has come up a couple of times.It is an incredibly irritating popup.

Hi
    Get a Ad blocker and never see that sort of thing again. It is a deceptive banner ad that is slipping past the people that run the banner ads. I believe it is an outside organization supplying the banner ads FWIW.

I also never see them as I run FireFox with the NoScript add on. I also have flash video set so that it can not run without an OK from me. I also like the Spell Checker in FireFox which helps me catch spelling errors on the forum.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • gymrat9293
    Options
    I found two different Noscript when I searched. No script lite and no script security suite. which one?
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I found two different Noscript when I searched. No script lite and no script security suite. which one?

Hi this is the one I use https://noscript.net/
    Reviews here, All 1475 of them.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/reviews/?src=api

From their website
    " The NoScript Firefox extension provides extra protection for Firefox, Seamonkey and other mozilla-based browsers: this free, open source add-on allows JavaScript, Java, Flash and other plugins to be executed only by trusted web sites of your choice (e.g. your online bank).

NoScript also provides the most powerful anti-XSS and anti-Clickjacking protection ever available in a browser.

NoScript's unique whitelist based pre-emptive script blocking approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even not known yet!) with no loss of functionality...

You can enable JavaScript, Java and plugin execution for sites you trust with a simple left-click on the NoScript status bar icon (look at the picture), or using the contextual menu, for easier operation in popup statusbar-less windows.

Better safe than sorry. That is why I run Norton Internet Security, MalWareBytes AntiMalware Home Premium, NoScript and Web Of Trust
    Safe Browsing Tool | WOT (Web of Trust)
    www.mywot.com/ - Cached - Similar
    WOT is a free website reputation, rating and review tool that helps find trustworthy websites and protects against online scams, untrustworthy links, and ...

I hope this helps,
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options

I had the same thing happen to me 2 separate times. I also use a Mac and had to force quit also.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

I have had pretty good FBS every day.

And, no crashes for a couple weeks now.

My Doctor is very pleased with my 24 pound weight loss, too.

• gymrat9293
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Doesn't make you feel good, The low Gl foods help to keep the blood sugars level. Everything your doing is for a healthier you WAY TO GO
  • RogerToo
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Hi All
    Congratulations on the Good FBS and no crashes.

Well I went walking and had a Banana Before and a NS Cinnamon Roll after and then said, darn forgot to do a FBS, Too late now!

I do agree with Momof2fromNJ that the NS diet helps a lot.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Truly it does, Momof2 and Roger. I've pretty much stayed exclusively with NS foods, too.

I still have to be careful with fruits ... they really blow up my readings during the day ... but overall I am vastly improved.
  • gymrat9293
    Options
    Hi everyone a quick fly by. I just entered my information onto the diabetic sheet, Is there a new one? The 1 I have the link to, no one has entered information for June. My eye doctor appointment went well for the diabetic diagnosis, No arterial changes, no retinopathy. I just have something else rare going on that can lead to glaucoma. No worries right now, but will seek out a second opinion.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Sounds like you got a pretty good report and hope the other can be safely managed, Momof2.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi everyone a quick fly by. I just entered my information onto the diabetic sheet, Is there a new one? The 1 I have the link to, no one has entered information for June. My eye doctor appointment went well for the diabetic diagnosis, No arterial changes, no retinopathy. I just have something else rare going on that can lead to glaucoma. No worries right now, but will seek out a second opinion.

Hi
    That sounds like good news to me.
    Good Luck with the second Opinion.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    Update :)
    I got my latest Blood work results and using NutriSystem things continue to improve.
    A1C is down .1 from the last test, FBS is down 11, Cholesterol is better and more. Everything is now in the Normal range including BP.

Please Do Stay with NutriSystem 100% and Make Yourself healthier too.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • linna62
    linna62 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Roger that's great news. You're your own hero!
    I see your weight loss progress posts and smile.
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi All
    I got my latest Blood work results and using NutriSystem things continue to improve.
    A1C is down .1 from the last test, FBS is down 11, Cholesterol is better and more. Everything is now in the Normal range including BP.

Have a Great Week
    Roger

great news Roger :) those are awesome NSV's :)

~kel
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It's Thursday
    I looked at the TV and saw it was cooler and a little less humid so I figured I'll walk in comfort compared to Yesterday, Nope, didn't happen. Shortly after leaving the house and thinking what a nice cool breeze it started drizzling. It drizzled enough to make the roads wet and despite my judicious use of trees to stay dry I got damp too. It stopped right after I left McDonalds with my coffee. Then the breeze went away and the humidity went up. About three blocks from home the breeze returned, a little late :) 2.75 miles done for today despite Mother Nature.

Have a Really Nice Day
    Roger
    linna62 wrote: »
    Roger that's great news. You're your own hero!
    I see your weight loss progress posts and smile.

Hi Linna
    How are You doing, I see You are posting on a challenge. Was it feet?
    I think we are all of us winners for staying on NutriSystem and working at improving our health. tmje.gif

Have a :) Day
    Roger
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi All

Have a Great Week
    Roger

great news Roger :) those are awesome NSV's :)

~kel

Hi Kel
    Thank You, I was happy too, it is always nice to see positive results from the hard work of dieting. And it is work :)
    I spend time everyday working on the next days menu. Next after that I will map out and print out a walk covering my target miles using a different route. I like to vary things.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Wonderful results, Roger. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Wonderful results, Roger. :)

Thanks