TheBigDirection

Options

Replies

• TheBigDirection
    TheBigDirection Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Ricky, you are doing such a great job. Keep up the good work. Day by day it gets a little easier.

Thanks!
    Ricky, you can do this!! Substitute sparkling water or diet tonic water so you get the carbonation hit without the caffeine. It might help. Hang in there ;)

Thank you, I've just been sticking with ice-cold water throughout the day and a cup of orange juice in the morning.
    CvH65 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your story-Love the drama!!!

Yes, it's misery going thru the withdrawal but you can do it! Great days ahead of you for sure your wt. loss and your career!

haha thanks :)
    Hope you are feeling better today, Ricky.

I am, thank you!
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hey Ricky!

I do not know where the time went!! Maybe there is a black hole in Alabama! We often joke there is a vortex in Prattville, if you are ever there during storm time you will see! In my time honored way of being behind:

Let me say how much I have enjoyed your last videos! I picked up at your patio part 2. I swear it has not been but a day or two since I checked in! That was absolutely beautiful! I got tickled, you must be kinda tall! You could practically reach the roof! I can not hardly hang things standing on a stool, we have the same outcropping!

The storms have been fierce in central Al. Lightening really bad! Bless you for giving the 4 leggeds support! As always, the music choices are great!!! Hope you see Coco soon!!

Your weight loss is AWESOME! I can't wait for your next month! You are really an inspiration!!

And lastly, I am hoping you feel better soon. If not, don't withdraw all at once. That does play havoc. You may try having a 6 oz. cup of tea, black or green first thing in the morning. Just ONE-- with caffeine. Sometimes that helps. Then gradually switch to decaf tea or do 1/2 and1/2 for a bit. The withdrawal is no joke. Physically. But it will make a world of difference. The Cola will leach phosphorus and calcium from your bones. Actually, the sparkling aspect can do that. But, the GOOD NEWS is your frame will be stronger and with your fabulous weight loss, you will really feel better!!!! Thinking of you!! Keep it up!! It is awesome!!

From the sound of it, I might not see Koko or the rest of the family until December.

I'm cutting out aspartame completely but just doing a cleanse on the caffeine. I'm not giving it up forever, but I don't want to have to worry about getting my daily dose or else suffer the withdrawals anymore.
  • TheBigDirection
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Glad you are doing better, Ricky. Each day will be better and better.
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Glad that you are feeling a bit better...you can do this and it will get better!!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi
    I have to agree with Buttons, Cutting out the Caffeine can cause some terrible headaches, I know from personal experience. I cut back to One regular Coffee daily and there I stay. I have Coffee bags for decaffeinated cups of coffee. There are two brands that I know of for sure. They brew just like Tea, Cup of Boiling water and dunk the coffee bags to the color/strength You like.

The Acid in Colas is not good for Your Teeth FWIW.

Good Luck, Love the Videos Too.
    Roger
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Ricky, I hope you are feeling better.
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Glad you are doing better Ricky! Hopefully it will be gone ( your feeling crummy) tomorrow.
    Ginny
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Off To See The Doc!

• DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Good to hear your B/P is coming down, that is definitely a NSV!! Keep moving forward Ricky, you are doing great:)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Congratulations on getting your blood pressure lower, Ricky.

You look SOOO much better today. :)

Glad you are home and out of the heavy rains.
  • suegen1
    Options
    I am really happy for you Ricky that you are feeling so much better....and the good news about your blood pressure....yup a great day :). Keep up the great work!!!!
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    Congrats on the lower BP. I am glad you are feeling better. Good job...no cavities. :)
  • Nene1125
    Nene1125 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the decrease in blood pressure and being cavity free!

• suegen1
    Options
    Loved your video again Ricky....you have kicked through this very challenging past week...good for you. It will get easier. I spent most of my afternoon outside last night and did all kinds of yard work and it kicked my butt lol. Then my hubby started up the grill but I was good and stayed on track with my food plan. I think the summer time will help to get more active at least I hope so.

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better and the worst has passed!! So many positive things you are doing!!! It amazes me how quickly we can lose the exercise stamina when we miss! Really awesome working it thru and going the 7 laps!! Your music? PRICELESS!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Love the music, Ricky. Great job!!
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    7 laps! Well done Ricky:)
  • Joanne3366
    Options
    7 laps!WOOHOO! Go Ricky, Go!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    WOW Ricky I lot has happened since my last post here. Congratulations on the 30 pounds lost in 32 days. That is a fantastic weight loss. You had a few rough days with kicking the diet soda but I know you will be feeling better. In 2010 I gave up soda and I was like you drinking a 2 liter bottle a day. I did however buy the sodastream machine so I could carbonate my water. In the carbonated water I put in minute maid 15 calorie fruit punch or lemonade or the crystal light ice tea or strawberry drinks. Sorry to hear your family will not be down until Dec. I know you are missing them and coco. However the catching ball dog (I can't believe he caught every one ball you threw) seems to enjoy your company and I can see you enjoy his. What do you do that you don't have a single cavity. That is wonderful and I hope you can keep it going. As that one smoking advertisement says Your Teeth says alot about you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y70V5HGhpHs
    Hope these never happens to any of us whether we smoke or not.