TheBigDirection

Options

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your back, Ricky. I can tell you are disappointed and can't blame you. If I had to curtail my walking because of pain, etc., I would be a little frustrated, too. You might have to get that checked, ya know. Hoping it resolves ...
  • TheBigDirection
    TheBigDirection Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your back, Ricky. I can tell you are disappointed and can't blame you. If I had to curtail my walking because of pain, etc., I would be a little frustrated, too. You might have to get that checked, ya know. Hoping it resolves ...

Every morning I'm sore when I wake up. I have to just sit there for a while until the pain subsides before I can officially start my day. It's aggravating, but I've been told that the pain will lessen when I lose weight.
  • mslesam
    mslesam Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The pain will get better Ricky, I was having a lot of back pain but when I hit about the 30 pound weight loss it started to get better and it continues to get better. Hang in there!!!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Feel for you...that's got to be rough. Hope that you get relief and that losing weight helps resolve it. Take care!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Every morning I'm sore when I wake up. I have to just sit there for a while until the pain subsides before I can officially start my day. It's aggravating, but I've been told that the pain will lessen when I lose weight.

Hi Ricky
    I can tell You based on personal experience that they are probably right. I used to get up and sit on the edge of the bed and have to wait for the pain to subside to keep getting up. Now I rarely get a much as a small twinge. That pain started lessening after some weight loss and kept being less of an issue as the weight loss continued.

Just one more reason to lose the weight for me. I can n ow walk a lot further and am in much less pain too.

Good Luck
    Roger
    mslesam wrote: »
    The pain will get better Ricky, I was having a lot of back pain but when I hit about the 30 pound weight loss it started to get better and it continues to get better. Hang in there!!!

Hi Lesa
    I agree that does seem to match my recollection of when it started getting better too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ricky, it will get better as you continue to lose weight! I have osteoarthritis of my hips, knees and neck which was so painful that getting up from a seated position after 30 minutes caused me to limp and have pain until I got moving again. I too would wake up in the middle of the night from it radiating down my legs. This has improved over the past 17 weeks and as I reach the 30# mark I am finding it to be less and less of a problem. Over time you will look back at that video and realize how very far you have come! Hang in there, continue to work on increasing time and distance and know that you will be improving and strengthening that area with each workout. Stay strong, you are awesome!! ~Doris
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    That sounds great, Ricky. I hope you find a house and that they move on down with you. I know you miss Coco a lot.

• 4aay
    4aay Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Great Progress Ricky. Enjoyed your video work!

cooltext11797153621422420copy_zpsj2kvlgy6.jpgblk-weight.pngeZzyRL
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
    The Day i've Been Dreading Has Come...

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Good luck and I have faith that you can do this. :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Love the dramatic entrance of the water bottle! Wishing you well on getting off the aspartamine n caffeine. Decaf green tea might be a nice addition to the water. Once you get on the other side if this, you will be healthier n feeling better again.
  • TheBigDirection
    Options
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ricky, you are doing such a great job. Keep up the good work. Day by day it gets a little easier.
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ricky, you can do this!! Substitute sparkling water or diet tonic water so you get the carbonation hit without the caffeine. It might help. Hang in there ;)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hey Ricky!

I do not know where the time went!! Maybe there is a black hole in Alabama! We often joke there is a vortex in Prattville, if you are ever there during storm time you will see! In my time honored way of being behind:

Let me say how much I have enjoyed your last videos! I picked up at your patio part 2. I swear it has not been but a day or two since I checked in! That was absolutely beautiful! I got tickled, you must be kinda tall! You could practically reach the roof! I can not hardly hang things standing on a stool, we have the same outcropping!

The storms have been fierce in central Al. Lightening really bad! Bless you for giving the 4 leggeds support! As always, the music choices are great!!! Hope you see Coco soon!!

Your weight loss is AWESOME! I can't wait for your next month! You are really an inspiration!!

And lastly, I am hoping you feel better soon. If not, don't withdraw all at once. That does play havoc. You may try having a 6 oz. cup of tea, black or green first thing in the morning. Just ONE-- with caffeine. Sometimes that helps. Then gradually switch to decaf tea or do 1/2 and1/2 for a bit. The withdrawal is no joke. Physically. But it will make a world of difference. The Cola will leach phosphorus and calcium from your bones. Actually, the sparkling aspect can do that. But, the GOOD NEWS is your frame will be stronger and with your fabulous weight loss, you will really feel better!!!! Thinking of you!! Keep it up!! It is awesome!!
  • 4aay
    4aay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story-Love the drama!!!

Yes, it's misery going thru the withdrawal but you can do it! Great days ahead of you for sure your wt. loss and your career!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better today, Ricky.