Slow Losers Club

Options
1235»

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    Very creative daughter you have. Does she enjoy doing all kinds of bead projects? On the NS site I had several pictures of my bead projects. Did you take a picture of your Mother's Day gift? If so I would love to see it.

Thx. I posted photo of her wire sculpture on my profile. I have an honorary daughter (26) living w us...she surprised me w a planter box w basil n spicey oregano. That motivated me to prep, plant, n mulch my flower bed...now w peppers n tomatoes! Pics on my profile too. Did more exercise this weekend than in the last year combined. Tired. But happy.
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been back on Nutrisystem for about three weeks and I've lost a total of 9 lbs. But....I've been STUCK at the same weight now for more than a week. What is going on? It's way too soon for me to be at a plateau already. This is very frustrating. :'(
  • chocolateeeee123
    chocolateeeee123 Posts: 286 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello Everyone here, I have been on NS since Jan 16 and lost 30.4#, for the last 6 weeks I lost 4.4 lbs total, and for 3 weeks the scale has only moved .4 lbs, so I am really frustrated but have been OP but I see that it will take me waayyy longer than I thought...I thought I would join this group as well :)
    SONIA
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Lisa and Sonia-try switching to different power fuels, for example if you are eating dairy as your power fuels, try
    turkey,tuna, or chicken. You can also try switching dinner and lunch. I tend to lose if I eat turkey as my power fuel and stay away from any form of bread. Everyone is different so what works for one may not work for another.
    You have both done amazing. :) Even if there is no loss you could still be losing inches.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    I checked this morning, NS is still out there, you can edit, but can't make a new post. I'm done. I like our new home.
    Have a skinny day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    I've been back on Nutrisystem for about three weeks and I've lost a total of 9 lbs. But....I've been STUCK at the same weight now for more than a week. What is going on? It's way too soon for me to be at a plateau already. This is very frustrating. :'(
    Hello Everyone here, I have been on NS since Jan 16 and lost 30.4#, for the last 6 weeks I lost 4.4 lbs total, and for 3 weeks the scale has only moved .4 lbs, so I am really frustrated but have been OP but I see that it will take me waayyy longer than I thought...I thought I would join this group as well :)
    SONIA

Hi Lisa & Sonia
    One other thought. Call the Counselors and make Sure You are on the right plan. Hopefully this link will keep working for You. I hit a Plateau from not eating enough foods in the past so worth calling to be sure.
    http://boards.members.nutrisystem.com/showthread.php?225159-Eat-Less-to-Lose-More-NO!!!!&highlight=lose

One or two other Thoughts:
    I found a couple of cans of Canned Chicken that should work as a PowerFuel. They are:
    Valley Fresh 100% Natural Chicken Breast 90 calories per 5oz. can and
    Swanson White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast also at 90 calories per 4.5oz. can.
    Read the label carefully, Most of the canned Chicken is much higher. I also like the CostCo Kirkland Canned Chicken & Canned Turkey for use as multiple PowerFuel servings.

Next thought. Look for low sodium Lunch meats and even then research the nutrition on the makers website.
    Regular Lunch meat can be high in sodium for taste.
    Buy water pack Tuna not Oil Pack.

If You look for a bread, The Weight Watchers Whole Wheat & the Rye breads are around 90 calories for two slices.

Yes String Cheese is a PowerFuel, Just not the Best.

I use a Lot of the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt @ 80 calories a container and mighty tasty too. :)

A Hard Boiled Egg makes a nice PowerFuel.

Good Luck
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Lisa and Sonia-try switching to different power fuels, for example if you are eating dairy as your power fuels, try
    turkey,tuna, or chicken. You can also try switching dinner and lunch. I tend to lose if I eat turkey as my power fuel and stay away from any form of bread. Everyone is different so what works for one may not work for another.
    You have both done amazing. :) Even if there is no loss you could still be losing inches.

Hi Jo
    Good Advice!
    This is a Post I did on the NS Forum regarding how I reverse meals, hopefully it will stay available long enough.
    http://boards.members.nutrisystem.com/showthread.php?248321-Help!&p=7146701&viewfull=1#post7146701

Cheers
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -158.0 Pounds Lost
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    I just visited a Ghost Town this morning
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)
    Notice that the ticker only records in 1 pound increments,
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    :)
    88672520.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    Roger-I will have to try reversing meals and see how it works for me. I think eating lighter in the evening might do the trick. I am most active in the morning and should burn off a larger meal.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,167 Member
    Options
    That's interesting Roger, reversing the whole day. I'd probably like that. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi There was something else I ran across but have not tried yet.
    That is http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/weight-loss/how-zigzag-dieting-can-break-your-weight-loss-plateau

The idea is to eat the same a couple of days, more a couple of days and less a couple of days and have the 7 day total equal what eating the proper amount of calories is.

I have a better link on the other computer if interested.
    Good Luck
    Roger
    Important Links to other Groups, More to come
    NutriSystem Food Reviews

vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpg
    My Fitnesspal links
    Slower Weight loss at 50?
    Early Risers - Eastern Time Zone
    I’ve Got the Power - Mon 3/30 to Sun 5/10 - Join Anytime!
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem
    88672520.png
  • AdNil54f
    AdNil54f Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Roger-I will have to try reversing meals and see how it works for me. I think eating lighter in the evening might do the trick. I am most active in the morning and should burn off a larger meal.
    I agree! Eating larger meals earlier seems to make sense! For me, it does especially because I really dislike sweet breakfasts! Eating a meal instead and the sweet breakfast in the evening would be more appealing for me. :smile:
    88847432.png
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Luck Joanne
    I hope it works!
    Roger
    April 25, 2015 -158.0 Pounds Lost
    vqivar950p9y.jpg
    HxEv8k.jpgeZzyRL
    My Fitnesspal links
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Roger's Useful Links
    Abbreviations commonly used
    NutriSystem Food Reviews Group

Other Links
    I just visited a Ghost Town this morning
    NS Foods for sale Posts
    and shows my loss since I joined NutriSystem and not My Fitness Pal
    88672520.png