• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,244 Member
    Options
    Very Nice Leanz! Wish I could travel like that. I'm jealous. :smile:
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! :drinker:

Thought I'd pop in and say hey and give you an update on why I'm such a huge slacker this month. :happy: I don't know exactly what it is, but I've been getting kicked in the rear by some bug or another. I've only missed work a couple of days, but even still on all of the rest of the days I'm clearly fighting something. Even going for an easy walk is zapping my energy and I'm wildly winded by it. I tried bowling last night and from my breathing and heartrate you'd think I just ran a 10K. I'm really conflicted by wanting to get caught back up with my miles for this month and resting so I can shake whatever this is. I've only had actual noticeable symptoms of a cold (coughing/congestion etc) a couple of the days, but every day has been a struggle to walk anywhere without getting winded and needing to sit afterward. :neutral: And no, I'm not going to the doctor just so they can tell me "There's nothing I can give you, now go home and rest and send me a check for $260." I'm just going to keep taking it day by day and do what I am able to. Probably in short bursts followed by a nap. :smile:

On the bright side, there are other really nice, happy new things going on in my life for which I am truly, truly grateful for...so it's not all bad news. :)

Take care everyone and I hope you are having a happy, healthy weekend!! :drinker:

Dave

Hang in there... Please go visit your doctor... Wishing you feel better soon... :)
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @Dave: Your health is more important than logging miles. There is some bug going around this spring but anything that lasts too long warrants a visit to your health professional. I know that they can be "blood suckers" when it comes to their fees but you only get one body in this life time until they clone you. (And he would never be as good as the real thing.) Please remember that your body is telling you there is something wrong and you need to get more sleep to allow it to heal or you need to back off activity until you feel better or go see a doctor.
    Yes, despite our teasing, we care about you. You are in my prayers.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    @Dave: Your health is more important than logging miles. There is some bug going around this spring but anything that lasts too long warrants a visit to your health professional. I know that they can be "blood suckers" when it comes to their fees but you only get one body in this life time until they clone you. (And he would never be as good as the real thing.) Please remember that your body is telling you there is something wrong and you need to get more sleep to allow it to heal or you need to back off activity until you feel better or go see a doctor.
    Yes, despite our teasing, we care about you. You are in my prayers.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    5/15 - 2 miles
    5/16 - 10 miles
    5/17 - 7 miles

76/110
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    May: 175 miles
    Yearly Challenge: 454.5/1500

May 1 - 3: 12 miles
    May 4 - 5 miles
    May 5 - 4 miles
    May 6 - 4 miles walking, 6 miles biking
    May 7 - 4 miles walking + weight lifting
    May 8 - 10th: 11 miles
    May 11 - 3 miles
    May 12 - 2 mile walking, 8 miles biking
    May 13 - 5 miles
    May 14 - 17: 14 miles

78/175 I really need to get some miles on my bike and get caught up but the weather hasn't been cooperating!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! :drinker:

Thought I'd pop in and say hey and give you an update on why I'm such a huge slacker this month. :happy: I don't know exactly what it is, but I've been getting kicked in the rear by some bug or another. I've only missed work a couple of days, but even still on all of the rest of the days I'm clearly fighting something. Even going for an easy walk is zapping my energy and I'm wildly winded by it. I tried bowling last night and from my breathing and heartrate you'd think I just ran a 10K. I'm really conflicted by wanting to get caught back up with my miles for this month and resting so I can shake whatever this is. I've only had actual noticeable symptoms of a cold (coughing/congestion etc) a couple of the days, but every day has been a struggle to walk anywhere without getting winded and needing to sit afterward. :neutral: And no, I'm not going to the doctor just so they can tell me "There's nothing I can give you, now go home and rest and send me a check for $260." I'm just going to keep taking it day by day and do what I am able to. Probably in short bursts followed by a nap. :smile:

On the bright side, there are other really nice, happy new things going on in my life for which I am truly, truly grateful for...so it's not all bad news. :)

Take care everyone and I hope you are having a happy, healthy weekend!! :drinker:

Dave

Sorry you're not feel well. Hope you shake this bug soon.

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Ran at my national park yesterday- 7.02 miles

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Dave, at the risk of piling on here, you really should get it checked out. Plus, look at all of the people you can say I told you so to when it turns out to be nothing serious. :) On a happier note, I'm glad there are other things going well in your life. You are right to enjoy them completely rather than always focusing on the not so great stuff. :)
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    You see Dave, it's not that we are trying to be your mother. It's that we would really miss you if something happened and let's face it. You and I are reaching the age where things break. :smile:
    Dean...I completely understand and I appreciate your input and concern. You'll be happy to know that I heeded your advice and sucked it up and made an appointment for this afternoon. :smile: :drinker:

And adding on after seeing the rest of the posts...thank you so much for the care from the rest of you too! I really do appreciate it. :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Finally had a day I could get out of the house more than once. Almost stepped on a chipmunk on my morning walk yesterday. I surprised a mom and her baby and while mom took off, the baby froze right in front of my foot. I stopped and it finally realized that it should run. :D

Went out again after dinner with my hubby. I didn't realize at the time he wanted to take the long way, so I was really tired when I got back. I did sleep well though. :)

Added 6.25 miles yesterday. May total 61.5 miles.

exercise.png

I was planning on a long walk along the bike trail today, but the grey skies are worrying me. I wonder if I can find a raincoat just in case?
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    05/02: stationary bike 22.3km
    05/03: stationary bike 32.4km
    05/07: elliptical trainer 1.09km, stationary bike 22km
    05/08: rowing 1.05km, stationary bike 22.3km
    05/09: rowing 1.05km, stationary bike 33km
    05/11: rowing 1.63km, stationary bike 24.3km
    05/13: elliptical trainer 1.17km, stationary bike 21.8km
    05/15: rowing 1.09km, stationary bike 22.8km
    05/16: rowing 1km, stationary bike 23.3km
    05/18: elliptical trainer 1km, stationary bike 5km

Total: 238.28km
    Left: 21.72km

exercise.png
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    May: Goal 300
    1st: 4.8
    2nd: 4.2
    3rd: 1.6
    4th: 2.5
    5th: 2.69
    6th: 4.21
    7th: 4.36 + 7.6 = 11.96
    8th: 2.95
    9th: 7.54 + 6.5 = 14.04
    10th: 3.33 + 3.9 = 7.23
    11th: 4.29 + 4.8 = 9.09
    12th: 2.15
    13th: 3.12
    14th: 2.24
    15th: 3.08
    16th: 4.37 + 12 = 16.37
    17th: 5.33 + 15.3 = 20.63 - Total: 112.86

Now - that was a nice weekend!
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Added 0.92 in a walk yesterday (I'm sure with all the walking around my yard, doing gardening, etc., that I was over a mile, but I'm not going to count that).

MTD: 31.92

I plan to spin at lunch today, so that should get me *almost* to green.
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    5/17 = 5.61

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Walked 9.91 miles today

132.28 miles walked to date
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    5.1 miles walk today, one of those at work this morning. My tickerfactory isn't letting me copy the url for some reason so it's 68.2 miles total.

@Dave - glad you came to your senses before I had to channel BadA$$ Nurse Karen (she came out a lot this weekend and needs a nap).
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I got 17 in on the bike today. It was a brutal ride!!!

MTD: 48.92 - almost back to green.... sooooo close!

@Dave - I thought you were getting better :( I'm sad to hear that's not the case. Please let us know what your doctor says. I truly hope it is a "nothing we can do, go home, rest and drink lots of fluids" thing that you pay $240 for, and not something more serious!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    new ttd 58.6 miles
This discussion has been closed.