MAY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,428 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Dave...you better be doing what the doc told you to do.

Dean...I like the "donating miles to Dave" idea. Would we donate Bonus Miles?

We walked w/Bean this morning then I went off by myself. It was a beautiful day here. Sunny and breezy!!

Tuesday - 12.04 miles

exercise.png

I hope everyone's Wednesday is terrific!!

Chris
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    So much more activity with the doctor, nurses, lab and trips to the pharmacy, but it was a good day. I got to see the full CT scan report and feel even more fortunate for finding this out when I did because it was not just one clot. The report said, "Multiple bi-lateral (both lungs) pulmonary emboli with a greater number on the right."

All the people I met with today were so nice and caring and a true pleasure to be around. Which is a good thing because I'm going to become good buddies with a couple of them as I have to go back in regularly for them to check my blood "thinness" as they dial in the dose of my medicine. I also learned how to give myself the injections I'll have to give myself twice a day for the next week, and also learned about the foods I need to be moderate with as they will offset the effects of the blood thinners.

Yeah, it's an understatement to say that the last 36 hours have been quite the crazy, unexpected ride! A real wake-up call for me too. I am so grateful for all of my friends here and to have been blessed to be able to share in each other's lives. I hope you know how much you've touched and enriched my life, especially in the last couple of years. You sure do mean a lot to me. Thank you.

Dave
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    4.4 mile run/walk

@Dave - so happy you went and got a diagnosis, especially one that's manageable. You probably helped save your own life by being so active and in better shape than most people in our age range. :smile: A pulmonary embolism (PE) can lead to sudden and more severe symptoms than what you described. And I think you got your money's worth on the $260. smiley-hug002.gif

exercise.png
    @KAR328 - Karen, funny thing is I think I heard the *whooshing* sound as we flew by the $260-mark a lonnnnng time ago yesterday! :laugh: I think conservatively, we're probably up around $1500 minimum now, but you won't hear me complain about that one bit because that's still a bargain considering the alternative. :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 11.77 miles

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

And hitting GOAL today: VHUBER :flowerforyou:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    @Chris - I think donating the bonus miles is a GREAT idea! Heaven knows he'll be burning plenty of calories between stress and visits to the doctors. That's a lot of walking to get from one office to the other when you only have part of one lung to use. I'll donate my bonus miles. :smile:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Since I hit goal yesterday he can have my bonus miles!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,426 Member
    Options
    May: 175 miles
    Yearly Challenge: 454.5/1500

May 1 - 3: 12 miles
    May 4 - 5 miles
    May 5 - 4 miles
    May 6 - 4 miles walking, 6 miles biking
    May 7 - 4 miles walking + weight lifting
    May 8 - 10th: 11 miles
    May 11 - 3 miles
    May 12 - 2 mile walking, 8 miles biking
    May 13 - 5 miles
    May 14 - 17: 14 miles
    May 18 - 4 miles + yoga
    May 19 - 4 miles walking 8 miles biking

94/175 I have to average 6.75 miles each and every day for the rest of the month to make my goal....please...no...rain!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Sounds like @darkrider42 and @Lovemyalex could both use our bonus miles this month! Glad you found the issue Dave and are getting treated!

I rode 26 miles yesterday afternoon-

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Added 3.5 miles AND worked 8 hours too. :) I have to get better at doing both the same day.

May total 72.25 miles. :D

exercise.png

I'm happy to donate miles to both Dave and Lovemyalex. But we do know you both will be back and adding your own miles as soon as you are able.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Oh Dave, I was so hoping you were going to be able to say "I told you so" to all of us. :( But, Thank goodness you listened to us (and your body.....finally) and they figured out what was happening BEFORE something worse occurred. My daughter had a similar scare last year except she was also in severe pain every time she breathed in or out, but at 20, she was sure it wasn't anything serious. When my husband went up to visit, he insisted she go to the ER, where she got to meet all kinds of nice people like you did. (She was doing homework on her laptop between Dr visits believe it or not). She had at least 3 clots, including one about to break and create a far worse disaster. This story does have a happy ending. She is now a perfectly healthy, wonderful, obnoxious (normal) 21 year old. Of course she is a little younger than you, but the treatment was relatively short and the restrictions were not as bad or as long as she first expected. (She can tell you some hilarious stories though about getting a nosebleed while on bloodthinners.....think crime scene in a dorm room.) Listen to your own doctors, but I am sure we will see you back adding miles soon.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    4.5 mile run/walk. Definitely into giving up bonus miles to Dave and whoever else needs it. And I don't do that often for coworkers with my PTO hours :neutral: You guys are nicer.

exercise.png
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    5/19 - 3.47 Miles on the elliptical

MTD - 48.77 Miles

Dave, I am glad you are taking care of yourself!!
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Adding a few miles walking and biking. Dave, sorry for the news but happy it was discovered and being treated. Take good care!

exercise.png

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    New ttd 68.4 miles
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    10.53 miles walked today

146.32 miles walked to date
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    oJjKm6.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,947 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love the bonus mile idea! Of course I am not exactly in danger of having any bonus miles this month, but maybe this will be the motivation I need to get moving again. I've moved 6 miles since my last update which puts me at 60 and just on the edge of green.

Anyone with bonus miles to donate please post what you're donating and Holli and I will move them for you. I guess we'll split them evenly between Dave and Lovemyalex. We love you guys and hope you are back to normal soon. <3<3<3
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    6.5 miles walked today
    MTD - 18.9/30
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,357 Member
    Options
    5/20 4.5 mile run / 4.5 mile walk

197.5 miles of 250 miles

exegrcise.png
This discussion has been closed.