MAY 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Adding 33 miles for 274 out of 300.

exercise.png

@vhuber - No dropping your goal to make bonus miles. Dave wouldn't accept that. :smile:

Ohhhh no, no, no! That is not what I meant! I have already hit goal! I agree Dave would NOT approve of that!!!

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Ok on the giving to LoveMyAlex & Dave! I set my ticker BACK to at goal & am giving 3 miles today from walk/jogging pushing Liam in the baby jogger! That will be a total of 18 miles donated now. For "personal" reasons I keep track of my miles in a daily log book. (168)

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    May 21: 11 miles of downright walking
    TTD: 200.15 miles

exercise.png

• scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I hope I can get my @ss moving enough to actually get to bonus miles to donate! Trying to finish up the school year and this challenge is one of the only things keeping me moving! Adding 2.9 for today

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,357 Member
    Options
    5/21 Jog 5 miles / Walk 4 miles / Stationary Bike 9.25 miles

215.75 miles of 250 miles

exegrcise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    Adding 22 miles for 296 out of 300. Almost there. :smile:

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 8.45 miles

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    6.82 miles walked

153.14 miles walked to date.

Hope you are feeling better now Dave? Good job you went to the doctor
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,340 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Awwwww! That is SO thoughtful to those of you donating your donate bonus miles! I'm getting all teary-eyed and sniffley... :flowerforyou: THANK YOU SO MUCH. :heart:

I have to tell you that after three days on the blood thinners now, I'm no longer terrified every time I cough or sneeze that something is going to shift and something bad is going to happen....I don't want to jinx anything, but I think I'm getting close to being out of the woods... *fingers crossed* I can already noticeably breathe better and that is such a huge blessing!! I took the trash out to the dumpster across the parking lot tonight and when I got back to my apartment, I was not breathing extra hard like I would have three days ago!! And just generally, my chest doesn't feel so "tight" now...it's wonderful! I can't tell you what a relief it is. I'm looking forward to getting the go-ahead from the doctor to begin light exercise again! :drinker:

Still doing my best to follow the doctor and INR nurse's orders to a T....taking it easy and following all of my instructions for my meds and watching my intake of Vitamin K (off-sets the effects of the Coumadin). Things are going really well so far.

Dave
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    It's good to see you on the boards Dave. Glad to hear things are improving. You'll be back to taking trips with the son on the motorcycle in no time. :smile:
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Sounds like @darkrider42 and @Lovemyalex could both use our bonus miles this month! Glad you found the issue Dave and are getting treated!

I rode 26 miles yesterday afternoon-

exercise.png

Thank you so very much... You don' t have to give up your miles... Thank you so much for your kindness... :)
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Added 3.5 miles AND worked 8 hours too. :) I have to get better at doing both the same day.

May total 72.25 miles. :D

exercise.png

I'm happy to donate miles to both Dave and Lovemyalex. But we do know you both will be back and adding your own miles as soon as you are able.

Thank you .... I will be back ... And kicking some major miles... Thanks for all your kindness :)
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    kar328 wrote: »
    4.5 mile run/walk. Definitely into giving up bonus miles to Dave and whoever else needs it. And I don't do that often for coworkers with my PTO hours :neutral: You guys are nicer.

exercise.png

:)
  • Lovemyalex
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sorry for not logging in for the last couple days...
    A lot of muscle spasms and knee lock out...

0 miles

**thank you so very much for all your kindness... <3
    ***you really don't have to give me your hard earn miles ....

*** please give all bonus miles to Dave... So he can reach his goal.... :D

I will be back and kicking some major miles.... :D

• tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    As of May 21, I walked 114.1 miles.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Well I wasn't moving too much yesterday. Only added 1.5 miles.

May total 78 miles. Hoping with a good weekend I can hit goal by Tuesday or so.

exercise.png

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Lovemyalex wrote: »

0 miles

I was never afraid you wouldn't be back. I hope the Drs can get the muscle spasms under control and your surgery goes well next month. And Thank you for continuing to post, even if you aren't adding big miles right now. Like I said, I know this is only a temporary pause and soon you will be moving right along.
  • Lovemyalex
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Lovemyalex wrote: »

0 miles

I was never afraid you wouldn't be back. I hope the Drs can get the muscle spasms under control and your surgery goes well next month. And Thank you for continuing to post, even if you aren't adding big miles right now. Like I said, I know this is only a temporary pause and soon you will be moving right along.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.... :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Short girls ride last night because hill repeats.

exercise.png

• Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Thank you SO much for the kind words, Dean. I truly do appreciate them. I'm really glad I listened to you because now...here's where I get to say, "YOU told me so." :smile: I frequently am one to dismiss just about any symptoms and try to take care of them by myself and internally scoff when someone says "You should go see a doctor" over a cough or an ache...but you, Dean, said just the right things to snap me out of my eternal stubbornness. :smiley: I went to my appointment and the doctor did an exam and I had an EKG which came back normal, then a chest x-ray which also came back clear, but the doc didn't want to just send me home with nothing while still having trouble breathing so he sent me to another facility for a chest CT scan which clearly identified a large blood clot in my lung that I've been carrying around for who knows how long! At least 3-4 weeks. So it's a really good thing I went in when I did because I was a potential ticking bomb waiting to go off. I see him again in about an hour to get started on blood thinners for however long he says. Probably a few months, maybe for good.

But thanks again, Dean. I owe ya big on this one. :blush: And this one time I won't mind if you send me a bill. :laugh:

Dave[/quote]

Ok...I've been out of the office for a few days so I have missed this thread. Dave, I agree with everyone else in how much we do appreciate all you do for this site. I also want to say I know EXACTLY how you are feeling. I, too, don't want to go to the doctor for every ache or pain. I got a blood clot in my lung during a long car ride to OH (from FL) for Christmas 2009. I went to my dr in December 2009 complaining that I couldn't breathe. I had a Half Marathon in January that I had been training for so I knew that there was something wrong. After walking 1/4 mile, I was breathing like I had just walked/run 10 miles. My dr gave me asthma medicine (no...I don't have asthma!). I did the Half Marathon two weeks later with my slowest time ever. I went to my doctor who again didn't want to do anything when I said I couldn't breathe. He told me to wait until my yearly physical in February. I waited and still couldn't breathe. He made me wait longer. Lots more to this story, but it wasn't until MAY that I finally was able to find out what was wrong with me. So I had mine for almost 5 months before it was discovered. My advice to everyone is if you know something is wrong like this, don't ever let a doctor (or yourself!) tell you that it isn't important!!! I was in the hospital for a week (I went directly from my CT scan to a hospital bed...couldn't even go home in between). I had to learn to give myself shots of blood thinner and I am so squeamish that the first time I had ever even seen a needle go into my skin was the first shot I gave myself. My advice on this (if you have to do them yourself) is just count to 3 and jab. LOL! Sounds easy and given the alternative I learned how to do it. I was told by my pulmonologist that it was the largest clot she had ever seen. I was on blood thinners for only about 6 months though.

Truly if you have any questions that you might want to ask me (ANY!), feel free to PM me. Take it easy for as long as the doctor tells you no matter how much you want to get out and do something.

And needless to say, I don't have that doctor anymore! LOL!
This discussion has been closed.