Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

C25K on the treadmill

Replies

• showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn no time like the present....... don't put off til tomorrow what you can accomplish today...... :) Have a great day!
  • DaveAkeman
    DaveAkeman Posts: 296 Member
    Mimi, you really shouldn't be scared of failing. Just try it. If you can't do what you thought you could, fine - now you have a goal. My bet, though, is that you will really impress yourself and be able to do much more than you think.
  • JSC145
    JSC145 Posts: 79 Member
    Is running indoors in place ok? No treadmill here and not really sure I want to go public just yet. I just did w2d1 without a problem. I figure when I do move it outside I'll have to move back down in weeks. I'm just concentrating on endurance at this stage. 4 months ago I couldn't climb a flight of stairs without getting winded. This morning I ran in place for 2 minutes straight.

I know exactly what you mean. I felt a little embarrassed about huffing and puffing along in public. I tell people I run in the morning before the sun is up because it's less hot and I like getting it down before heading to work... that's partly true but mostly it's because there are less people out and about... =p

But everyone is right... at the end of the day, as long as you are moving and making progress, you are doing GREAT
  • showjumper
    I did it! I actually ran outside today.... knocked myself way back in the program but took it outside! my pace was slower but i easily did the runs..... I think i may alternate treadmill and outdoors for a couple of weeks to see how i do..... I am super happy though its been years since i ran outside and i remember it was awful! The best to come out of this morning was the dog was super happy to be out at 6:20am for a jog.
  • DaveAkeman
    showjumper wrote: »
    I did it! I actually ran outside today.... knocked myself way back in the program but took it outside! my pace was slower but i easily did the runs..... I think i may alternate treadmill and outdoors for a couple of weeks to see how i do..... I am super happy though its been years since i ran outside and i remember it was awful! The best to come out of this morning was the dog was super happy to be out at 6:20am for a jog.

Congratulations!!!

I notice that you say you used to hate running. I used to hate running, too. I haven't run since high school, though. Back then I was being timed, and passed by all the jocks, and this was all happening in front of all the girls . . . lots of reasons to be miserable!!! Now I don't hate it. When I strap on the shoes, it's just me and the road (or path or trail) and my thoughts. No jocks; no coaches with timers; no girls to impress. It's a peaceful time.
  • showjumper
    Thanks @DaveAkeman
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    @showjumper Congrats!! Keep us posted on your progress!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    @JSC145 Great idea about going in the early hours. I'm thinking that's where I'll start in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I'll keep up with the program... finished w2d2 today and was hardly sweaty! I'm so excited to be doing this!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    @DaveAkeman That's what I'm looking forward to most about running - just me, nature and peace. Sounds heavenly!
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    @showjumper Great job!! I'm hoping to take it outside soon myself. I do W4D3 today on the treadmill. When you say you knocked yourself way back in the program, how long were you able to run outside compared to the treadmill?
  • showjumper
    @kristafb Thanks :) I went back to W2D2 and completed all 6 of the 90 second runs fairly well, although there were a few new variables..... I don't usually run at 6:00am (or even be out of the covers yet), and I took the dog. I was supposed to do W4D3 but chose to go outside in the morning instead so I didn't run again in the evening on the treadmill like I typically do. So I will see how I feel tonight and may try the treadmill.... I will be heading outdoors again tomorrow morning though.... My fiance figures I should just pick up W4D3 outside and be good with it.... I am not so sure :(
  • mandync5497
    mandync5497 Posts: 56 Member
    I am doing c25k for the first time. I completed w6d2 this morning on the treadmill and it went fairly well. see how it goes with no intervals lol. Pretty excited to say that I am a runner and looking forward to increasing my endurance. I always watch Netflix when I run which helps a lot since otherwise I would be watching the clock.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Just to let you know... last night, on my off day from this and during my walk outside, I gave it a try! Twice, I ran for about 30 secs each time. I figure I'll add little runs like that into my off days for awhile. Today I finished w2d3 without any issues, even ended the last run with a 3.5 minute run! It's really happening!
  • DaveAkeman
    Just to let you know... last night, on my off day from this and during my walk outside, I gave it a try! Twice, I ran for about 30 secs each time. I figure I'll add little runs like that into my off days for awhile. Today I finished w2d3 without any issues, even ended the last run with a 3.5 minute run! It's really happening!

Great progress . . . and I'm glad you're pushing yourself to improve!!!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    edited June 2015
    Thanks @DaveAkeman! I also signed up for my first race ever today... a .1k! LMAO!
  • whatshewants
    whatshewants Posts: 30 Member
    I'm doing mine on the treadmill. Not quite ready to take it outside yet. I started watching my netflix shows on my phone during the runs. Just start the show when I'm ready and prop the phone up against the screen.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Hi all, just came across this thread. I just completed w4d2 and I've been doing all my workouts on the treadmill, also. I'm signed up for my first 5k in mid-August and am worried now that since I've been training on the treadmill I won't be able to keep up outdoors.

Will adding the 2% incline help make the transition? Thanks for any advice.
  • kristafb
    I did w6d1 today inside. The humidity was crazy here today and just walking the dogs outside left me short of breath. I had planned on starting outside if I could get through week 5 even if it mean doing weeks over but the heat & humidity is unbearable. If it wasn't for my air conditioner full blast & a floor fan blasting me while I run I'd never get it done. I'll just keep going until things cool off a bit then try it outside.
  • myuncutworld
    myuncutworld Posts: 14 Member
    I started this Tuesday. i am doing it on a treadmill. i am dying indoors already and I can only run in 30 second increments, so yeah, but I do think once I am confident I will be taking this on the road!
  • kristafb
    I did day one outside this evening. How is it possible that I can run 5-8 minutes on the treadmill but that one minute run outside almost killed me!! I did the whole thing, didn't stop but it wasn't pretty. And SLOWWWWWWWW averaged an 11minute mile but its a start and to be honest by the end of if my runs felt stronger. I think I"ll finish the program on the treadmill though alternating back and forth until I finish inside & can just run outside.