CHALLENGE: A mile a day in May

Options
AshTrixxy
AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
Hey NS friends who are walking and jogging inclined! I am challenging myself to purposefully walk or jog at least 1 mile a day in May, so I thought ilI would throw the challenge out to you guys as well! Who is in? I will post here how long I walked or jogged every day to stay accountable. To start May out, I did 1.92 miles! Who is up for the challenge??

Replies

• shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just starting running today in fact at the gym. Let me sleep on this. I used to run about 6 miles a day but changed my exercise, now I'm adding it in again. Thanks for you great idea! Just a lot going on with all the changes so not sure if I'm up for another challenge just yet, but will support you 100% Congrats! Keep it up! Lisa
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I walked 2.1 miles today. :)

I've gone from couch asparagus to 2 miles!!!!
  • BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I like that it's purposeful. My fitbit tells me I've already walked almost 4 miles today, but that was just a little bit here and a little bit there--I've been taking round-about paths to everything at work to up my step count. But, making it purposeful for this challenge, I'll have to think about getting an actual walk in every day, starting today. Thanks, Ashley!

Jayne
  • AshTrixxy
    Options
    You can modify it for your needs if you would like, shred. Its mainly about being purposeful about moving!

Good job Nightingale :)

Jayne- yes!!! Thats totally the point. At my job i walk a lot, but this needs to be more focused. It helps to keep me on track and remembering to thank God that I have strong legs that carry me! Was thinking about posting this in our dyr group, bit Im not sure how many ladies would be up for it
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It takes about 2000 steps to make a mile.
    I pedaled a mile and walked 2 miles. Today was a good day.
    I don't get that much every day.
    :smile:
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    Good job, Wen!

Ashley, post away. Might as well give them the opportunity in case they haven't seen it. Some of us are in multiple challenges to keep ourselves motivated. :)

Speaking of motivation, since I committed to doing this and it's May 1, I dusted off my Leslie Sansone DVD and meant to select the one-mile gentle walk, but selected the two-mile brisk walk instead. It was quite the workout! I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't typed those two words, "I'm in!" earlier, so thanks for the kick in the pants! I ended up with an hour and a half of exercise today because my physical therapist decided I'm doing so well, he'd ride me like a mule! It was an intense appointment today! :)
  • katbirdinoregon
    katbirdinoregon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I recently moved into a gated community with lovely landscaping. It is exactly one mile around the outside perimeter. Yesterday I made it two times around. Today I made it one time around plus took a walk with my granddaughter ( age 5) while she rode her bike for 15 minutes. That was about 1/2 mile. My goal is to do 2 miles a day except on my water aerobics class days.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    BeesmaMFP wrote: »

Speaking of motivation, since I committed to doing this and it's May 1, I dusted off my Leslie Sansone DVD and meant to select the one-mile gentle walk, but selected the two-mile brisk walk instead. It was quite the workout! I wouldn't have done it if I hadn't typed those two words, "I'm in!" earlier, so thanks for the kick in the pants! I ended up with an hour and a half of exercise today because my physical therapist decided I'm doing so well, he'd ride me like a mule! It was an intense appointment today! :)

Great job, BeesmaMFP!

I ordered 2 of her DVD, they arrived yesterday and will do these for a change-up from walking outside.

• BeesmaMFP
    Options

Great job, BeesmaMFP!

I ordered 2 of her DVD, they arrived yesterday and will do these for a change-up from walking outside.

Thank you! Did it again this morning, so another two miles for me! Yay! Have you seen her DVDs before? I just love her! So many exercise DVDs are done by people who are perky beyond belief, and she's perky but not to the point of being annoying. LOL. :) I hope you enjoy them!
  • Nightingale2200
    edited May 2015
    Options

Thank you! Did it again this morning, so another two miles for me! Yay! Have you seen her DVDs before? I just love her! So many exercise DVDs are done by people who are perky beyond belief, and she's perky but not to the point of being annoying. LOL. :) I hope you enjoy them!

Good job!

No, I have not seen her work. I think I will enjoy. I researched things a little bit and decided on her DVDs after reading what some of the NS members said.

• BeesmaMFP
    Options
    Good job!

No, I have not seen her work. I think I will enjoy. I researched things a little bit and decided on her DVDs after reading what some of the NS members said.

Thanks! I just got back from Walmart. Their website indicated they had at least 10 of her DVDs in stock. They had one! And, only one copy of it. Fortunately, it wasn't the one I have. :)
  • Nightingale2200
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Good job!

Thanks! I just got back from Walmart. Their website indicated they had at least 10 of her DVDs in stock. They had one! And, only one copy of it. Fortunately, it wasn't the one I have. :)

You were lucky. :)

I started out with, "Walk By Faith Series: A Closer 2 Mile Walk", and "Walk to the Hits: Radio Remixes".

• Wen_Mitchell
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge...another 2 mile day. :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Good job, Wen. :) Me, too!
  • AshTrixxy
    Options
    Man, way to go guys!!

I am going to have to check out that dvd, jayne :)

I only put in 1.1 miles today because I was more in an eliptical mood
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    Well, I did 3 miles with Leslie--just got done. Love, love, love the endorphins! But, I won't be using this DVD again. Her "walkers" were a bunch of folks who kept hamming it up for the camera. Ugh. I really like Leslie, but I don't enjoy watching the ham show. So, I'll have to find another one. In the meantime, if I want to walk with Leslie, I'll use my other DVD and just do it twice if I want a longer walk. :)
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Options
    ashv4444 wrote: »
    Man, way to go guys!!

I am going to have to check out that dvd, jayne :)

I only put in 1.1 miles today because I was more in an eliptical mood

You probably did more than us by doing the eliptical. It's a hard workout isn't it?
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Well, I did 3 miles with Leslie--just got done. Love, love, love the endorphins! But, I won't be using this DVD again. Her "walkers" were a bunch of folks who kept hamming it up for the camera. Ugh. I really like Leslie, but I don't enjoy watching the ham show. So, I'll have to find another one. In the meantime, if I want to walk with Leslie, I'll use my other DVD and just do it twice if I want a longer walk. :)
    Here's her 3-mile walk by herself. Several of her workouts are on YouTube. I only do the ones where she's by herself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYuw4f1c4xs

2HyQ.gif
    uAVQiUnkeuyrr
    nfuybo6nd553bz
    NS
    Lose 5
    NS Refugees
    Nutribuddies
    NS Group Users
    Dump That Rump

kjbnykg Chalmation
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Thanks for the link, Chalmation.

I did 2.2 miles today and that was going up and down stairs, too. :):)
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Options
    Got my 2 miles today. Didn't see a exercise for digging cactus! :open_mouth:
    Dug up some cactii(sp) on side of the road for Mom.