CHALLENGE: A mile a day in May

Options

Replies

• AshTrixxy
    AshTrixxy Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    BeesmaMFP wrote: »
    Ashley, thanks again for starting this challenge. I'm loving it! I now I walk a lot during the day (and my fitbit can confirm that! LOL), but doing more than that is definitely making me feel great! Each day I find the time to purposefully (love that word!) walk at least a mile, and it's great for mind and body. I'm about to hit the ground to get a walk in for today before it gets too crazy!

Thank YOU all for participating!! It really means a lot to me. Before NS, I had tried this challenge being accountable only to myself, and I inevitably only end up completing half of the days in the month due to one excuse or another. It helps so much that you all are keeping me accountable and motivated! So, thank YOU!!
  • katbirdinoregon
    katbirdinoregon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Got my 3 miles in this morning after taking the granddaughters to preschool, glad we are having a cool week.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Total 3.2 miles today. :)
  • AshTrixxy
    Options
    Got in my mile today barely. If it werent for the challenge i wouldnt have done it at all!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    ashv4444 wrote: »
    Got in my mile today barely. If it werent for the challenge i wouldnt have done it at all!
    Thats why we r here....motivation!!!!

• BeesmaMFP
    BeesmaMFP Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got in a mile before work and then 3.2 at lunch. I'm feeling much more ready for the 5K this weekend. :)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Excellent, BeesmaMFP. Good luck w/the 5K!
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    Excellent, BeesmaMFP. Good luck w/the 5K!

Thanks!
  • AshTrixxy
    Options
    I'll be cheering you on, Jayne!!

I put in 1.75 miles before heading into work tonight
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    2.5 miles today.

Good job, ashv
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    ashv4444 wrote: »
    I'll be cheering you on, Jayne!!

I put in 1.75 miles before heading into work tonight

Thank you, Ashley! I'm looking forward to it, and it's for a great cause.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Right at 2 today. Was confined to a room all day.
  • katbirdinoregon
    Options
    Only got one mile in today. Spent the day caring for Granddaughter and taking her to the
    Doctor for an ear infection.
  • AshTrixxy
    Options
    I got in 2.3 miles in. There is a huge hill near my house and I felt like Rocky getting to the top of it! lol!

Kat- Prayin for a swift recovery for your grandbaby
  • AshTrixxy
    Options
    My dedicated mile yesterday was mowing lawn. lol! I couldn't believe I walked over 2 miles just walking back and forth mowing my lawn!!!!
  • BeesmaMFP
    Options
    My 5K was yesterday. Ended up walking more than 10 miles, according to my fitbit, and more than 5 miles of that was purposeful walking for exercise. My best day yet. I doubt I'll be able to match that anytime soon! LOL.
  • tsydor46
    tsydor46 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I average about 2 miles a day (according to my Fitbit) but it sure feels like more. :)
    Yesterday, I did 2.86 miles. I will log later this evening with how many I finished with today.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Very good, Bessma. My, what a day you had. :):)
  • katbirdinoregon
    Options
    Went to Sea World with the Grandkids today 2.9 miles so far. I hope it is 3 miles by the time I help unload the car and walk to my house.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Got in almost 2 miles walking today. But, did a lot of stair walking, too. That should be triple miles, right? :):)