May Chat

Options

Replies

• CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I was HUNGRY all day yesterday.
    I weighed myself this morning, all hopeful, since I've been gong to the gym.

Apparently this @#$@#!! fitbit weighs a pound.

:'(
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @wandakc I upgraded to premium for the year, ($50) as my reward for losing 1/3 bodyweight. Will report back.
    There is the occasional glitch with the fitbit/mfp synching. There is a step to get them talking to each other. I think of it as cerebral calisthenics, smile, laugh to self (in private), and applaud myself for wrestling and winning against technology.
    Computer-fitbit issue with the computer freezing? Or the popup. That's the first I've heard of someone having that problem. Truly bafgling, and worth every one of those 42 calories. The extra .5 calorie was burned from the jaw clenching.
    Don't you LOVE autocowrevk. I'm leaving the bafgling in for baffling, as it fits better!
    Sharon
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    @sharondtd Thanks about the weight routine, but I don't do that at the gym. I took the weights in to the office. I actually did them twice last week! That's my goal. Two times a week! I like them better than the resistance bands.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Charlie, fantastic idea for the weights at work! Along with all the steps you do there, your going to show those guys up even more!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,755 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Just noticed on my dashboard today that I am 45% of the way to my current goal weight. I was pretty happy about that. But lately I have been thinking of lowering my goal weight. I set my goal at a little above the top of the normal range for my height because I have been there several times and it is a good place for me in terms of eating what I want, being able to go out and hike, cross country ski, and do other activities. But I decided, I am lowing my goal to the top of the range, it is only 3 lbs. different. And this time with the help of MFP and my Fitbit, I think I can reach that goal before the end of summer. So I am now showing at 41% of the way to my goal.

I might even lower it when I get there, but first things first.

More rain has moved in and it is dreary out there folks. I still have not had a long enough dry spell to get on my bike. I am starting to feel really bad about that. All I want to do is be outside in the sunshine walking, biking, and hiking and it just keeps raining. Bahhumbug.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    @retirehappy we'll keep encouraging you.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone who is sticking with it and finding success!

• retirehappy
    Options
    Sharon, <3<3<3 your new profile meme.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    Stole it from a person I follow on Skimble. Humor helps, yes?
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Japan...an amazing place to visit....mainly Tokyo and Kyota...I think I ate quite well apart from a few evening coffee and cake sessions in the evenings..Starbucks! Even then we shared a cake. Walked a lot and will get weighed tomorrow morning to see what the damage is....... :)

Jean
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Jean, good to see you back, I wondered where you had gone. Trip sounds fantastic. Unless all the sodium got to you, you should be good.
  • flowersnbulbs
    flowersnbulbs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone new here good morning to all got my garden shrubs transplanted from back yard to front AZ heat about to begin soon , planted zucchini its spreading over entire garden, need bees to get blossoms to turn into vegs, keep fingers crossed, wild flower mixes doing great, tomatoes, corn beans, i worked on my uncles farm in Ohio during the summers so hubby calls me digger, panting pine trees, oleanders, rose of sharon, popular, humming bird shrubs, hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend..Im watching Indy 500 and Nascar will work out with free wts while sitting that much..have fun everyone thanks for letting me post in your nice group
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Welcome flowersnbulbs. Good plan to use free weights while watching TV.

Sounds like your garden will be bountiful if the heat doesn't get too bad :).
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    @jeanrob: Oh, Jean, that sounds wonderful! But glad you are back!

@retirehappy: You are making great progress! You can do it!

@flowersnbulbs: I work for County government as the Sustainability Coordinator. I am currently working with the local beekeeper association to place hives at various County owned properties (even a jail) and on some roofs! Should I send some your way? Love to fry zucchini blossoms. Yum!

Hope you all have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
    9c7f06a4.gif

• sharondtd
    Options
    Welcome home, Jean! Excited to hear your impressions. We lived there in the early 50's and it was magical.
    @flowersnbulbs Welcome to the group. So great to get the garden going and growing.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Japan was fab...though we mainly only saw Tokyo, Kyoto, Kamamura and Nara. We loved the Buddhist and Shinto shrines, the Shogun Castles and Imperial Palaces...so very different to our castles and palaces......the beautiful tranquil gardens....we loved the very different nature of the culture.....the manners, politeness and wonderful service wherever we went. The food was very healthy though not always to my taste ... I am not keen on some of their fish dishes. But we tried most things and managed very well with chopsticks ... have to admit to sneaking into an English style bar a couple of times for a beer and into Starbucks too for a good coffee and to share a cake after our Tempura meal with all the lovely little dishes of I know not what.......

Great pleasure were the toilets ...... heated seats and lots of buttons to select various warm water wash options complete with oscillating and pulsating choices!!!! I am missing them ....Haha! :o:D

Jean
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Sounds like a great time was had. I miss even euro style bidets. When will American builders get wise to those? I've heard the Japanese are the great masters of bidets :) will have to go check it out one day.
  • sharondtd
    Options
    OH the backwardness of our toilets. .. But they're better than some places we've lived.
    :-d
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    jeanmrob wrote: »
    Japan was fab...though we mainly only saw Tokyo, Kyoto, Kamamura and Nara. We loved the Buddhist and Shinto shrines, the Shogun Castles and Imperial Palaces...so very different to our castles and palaces......the beautiful tranquil gardens....we loved the very different nature of the culture.....the manners, politeness and wonderful service wherever we went. The food was very healthy though not always to my taste ... I am not keen on some of their fish dishes. But we tried most things and managed very well with chopsticks ... have to admit to sneaking into an English style bar a couple of times for a beer and into Starbucks too for a good coffee and to share a cake after our Tempura meal with all the lovely little dishes of I know not what.......

Great pleasure were the toilets ...... heated seats and lots of buttons to select various warm water wash options complete with oscillating and pulsating choices!!!! I am missing them ....Haha! :o:D

Jean

Too funny about the toilets. In Hawaii they had some of those and I just thought it was so funny you could play white noise do no one could hear you. Wash, dry front and back!! LOL
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Its frustrating that you cannot talk with anyone at Fitbit. Their customer support is worthless. I have had the problem of not being able to synch and I just kept playing with it until I got it to work. How is that for helpful advice? You know, the famous Einstein quote that The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result was said a LONG time before computers!!!! In my last job I actually taught computer software to nurses and physical therapists in "the field" in a home health agency. I also worked extensively with the IS department working out software glitches with our tablets. I am a nurse, I have NO computer training. But 4 years of playing world of warcraft taught me that if you just take it very slowly, takes deep breaths and do NOT let the frustration overwhelm you, that it becomes like a puzzle. Do the same thing a few times a suddenly, bang it comes to you.