• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sznsido!
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    boglidem wrote: »
    Thank you guys!!! It's so exciting losing weight successfully!! Lmbo yes Shie I hear it all the time

Great!
  • Anita_Newbody
    Anita_Newbody Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi guys joining your discussion today. Trying to find a place here. My weigh in today was 126.0 even steven. Up a bit from last week (125.8) but I didn't get my water in this week.
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Down half a pound this week. I might be starting to plateau. I have been losing roughly three pounds every week doing exactly the same thing. Not sure what's going on. Certainly not complaining, just curious. Any ideas?
  • MarySG58
    Options
    Saturday WI - down .4 = 33.8 Total
    Measurements Chest, Waist, Hips, and Thighs down a total of 5 inches in the last 4 weeks! :)
  • SuziBoston
    SuziBoston Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    sznsido wrote: »
    down 3.1. I have been eating my own lunches as opposed to the ns meals. I 'm wondering if that may have something to do with the large number...less sodium in my own lunch. Time will tell...I have bars and frozen items coming next shipment. Way to go everyone!

I may start following in your footsteps Suzanne! :)
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    down 3.1. I have been eating my own lunches as opposed to the ns meals. I 'm wondering if that may have something to do with the large number...less sodium in my own lunch. Time will tell...I have bars and frozen items coming next shipment. Way to go everyone!

Nice job! Aside from a shake hear and there, I have not had NS food in four weeks.
  • dottieketostrong
    dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I didn't gain. :-)
  • SuziBoston
    Options
    I didn't gain. :-)
    Yay Dottie! ;)
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    rlhealey wrote: »

Nice job! Aside from a shake hear and there, I have not had NS food in four weeks.

I think after I use up my gift cards, I may be doing the same thing you're doing.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    So proud of everyone! Truly grateful for all your support and encouragement!!!!
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    OK - Full disclosure. This was a good "practice for maintenance" week. Without getting too deep into exactly what I ate/drank, we had a lot going on this past week. Last Friday, we went to see a band and Swati and I made a stop at our favorite Irish pub afterwards. Granted that was before last week's weigh-in but it was the start of a string of days I was not on program. Next came Mother's Day. The day after Mother's day. I took my mom out for her birthday at Red Lobster. Tuesday, I fell off the wagon entirely and last night we had a "men's night" out with my Dad, brother-in-law, son and nephews. Before going to a WWE match, we went to one of my favorite Italian restaurants.

So how did I do? Unbelievably, I am down 0.6 lbs! And I am officially down 1/2 foot in my waist since starting NS (sounds so much better than 6").

Let me say that I need to do a lot better - at least until I get to my goal in another 18 lbs at which point I will need to focus on maintaining my weight rather than losing. That being said, I actually have been doing better. Looking back, Swati and I hit the dance floor after that dinner at the Irish Pub. On Mother's day, I had sugar free syrup with my pancakes. At lunch with my Mom, I ordered off the lunch menu rather than the Admiral's Feast I would have ordered in the past. After Tuesday's slide, I decided to up my workouts and added an extra 1 1/2 hours of cardio to my program this week. Last night at the family style Italian restaurant, I had only one ravioli and stuck with the proteins (chicken and veal cutlets and meatballs). We also walked from the restaurant to the wrestling event (at least a mile each way). So essentially, my lifestyle has already changed.

Today, we have a benefit for a friend's son and her mom and dad do all the cooking. Her mom is an incredible southern cook and I will need to be careful with my choices (but we'll save that one for next week's results). Fortunately, we do not have any other events planned for the foreseeable future and I will be able to get right back on track. Life is good!

I hope everyone else is seeing continued success. Have a Great Sunday!

- Michael
  • SuziBoston
    Options
    OK - Full disclosure. This was a good "practice for maintenance" week. Without getting too deep into exactly what I ate/drank, we had a lot going on this past week. Last Friday, we went to see a band and Swati and I made a stop at our favorite Irish pub afterwards. Granted that was before last week's weigh-in but it was the start of a string of days I was not on program. Next came Mother's Day. The day after Mother's day. I took my mom out for her birthday at Red Lobster. Tuesday, I fell off the wagon entirely and last night we had a "men's night" out with my Dad, brother-in-law, son and nephews. Before going to a WWE match, we went to one of my favorite Italian restaurants.

So how did I do? Unbelievably, I am down 0.6 lbs! And I am officially down 1/2 foot in my waist since starting NS (sounds so much better than 6").

Let me say that I need to do a lot better - at least until I get to my goal in another 18 lbs at which point I will need to focus on maintaining my weight rather than losing. That being said, I actually have been doing better. Looking back, Swati and I hit the dance floor after that dinner at the Irish Pub. On Mother's day, I had sugar free syrup with my pancakes. At lunch with my Mom, I ordered off the lunch menu rather than the Admiral's Feast I would have ordered in the past. After Tuesday's slide, I decided to up my workouts and added an extra 1 1/2 hours of cardio to my program this week. Last night at the family style Italian restaurant, I had only one ravioli and stuck with the proteins (chicken and veal cutlets and meatballs). We also walked from the restaurant to the wrestling event (at least a mile each way). So essentially, my lifestyle has already changed.

Today, we have a benefit for a friend's son and her mom and dad do all the cooking. Her mom is an incredible southern cook and I will need to be careful with my choices (but we'll save that one for next week's results). Fortunately, we do not have any other events planned for the foreseeable future and I will be able to get right back on track. Life is good!

I hope everyone else is seeing continued success. Have a Great Sunday!

- Michael

Hi Michael!!
    Loved reading your post!! Sounds like your a nice family man!! That's a beautiful thing! Also loved hearing about your success!! You & Swati are doing marvelous!! And your right life is good!! Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!!
    ~ Suzi B)
  • Nightingale2200
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I agree. I truly enjoy reading anything Mike posts. Congrats on the loss, Mike.

Weigh-in for me and I lost 1.8 pounds. :) 0.8 to go to get my 20 pound bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

88492762.png s9qhza68u7ed.gif

f.gifl.gifo.gif
  • MarySG58
    Options
    WTG FLO!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    THANK YOU, Mary. I am SOOOO excited. No way on earth I could have done this w/o all of the support here. :)
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Suzi and Flo - I am trying to lose weight and you are giving me a big head! B) Seriously though, I feel like I've been pretty successful so far and hope sharing my experiences can help others. I've also grown quite a bit over the past three months and the advice I give today is somewhat different from the advice I would have given after the first month.

I've seen numerous posts that talk about sticking to the program 100% and those members that are writing those posts are seeing great success (30, 40, 50, 60 lbs and more). No question they are great role models and following their example should end in great results. But we are not all the same and even those following the program 100% and seeing great success have struggled with their weight in the past otherwise they would not have needed NS to begin with.

We see the success stories but how many of the 200+ members in this group are struggling and we never hear about it? How many would like to share but are embarrassed to do so? And how many of those people would benefit from sharing their experiences and getting feedback and support from other members that are seeing success?

Would I recommend somebody new to NS follow my example from the past week? Not at all. I am in a different place having already lost 32 lbs and well on my way to my goal. Do I think someone that has been following the program for a while but suffered a setback should get down on themselves? Absolutely not. I firmly believe negativity breeds failure and if you start getting negative about the program (or your performance on the program) you will decrease your chances at long term success. Again, this is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix and we all need to think about it that way.

Years ago, I would have been very upset with myself for not sticking to the program 100%. My failure to stick to the program would have led me to get further away from it. I would have probably regained any losses I had achieved and then some. Most of us have been there at one time or another. But today I am a different person and I focus on all the successes instead. Whether it is eating less, making healthier choices, being aware of what I am putting in my body and how it will affect me or exercising regularly, my life and health have changed dramatically over the past three months. I do not overlook my shortcomings but instead reflect on them to improve going forward. I do set short and long term goals and have been fortunate enough to meet them all so far. In my opinion, having goals and working towards them is important but it is not the end of the world if you come up a little bit short - especially if you are seeing success in other areas. If we all stay positive and keep moving forward, we'll all be successful.

THANK YOU, Mary. I am SOOOO excited. No way on earth I could have done this w/o all of the support here. :)

Flo - I am SOOOO excited for you! Congrats!

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    Thank you, Mike.

Your post rings so true. No, not one person is just like another. So many factors come into play as well. I, for one, am a Diabetic with frequent crashes. I'm either way way up or way way down. So, I've had to adjust times, amounts, avoid most fruits, eat more here, less there. BUT, even though I know what I should eat/avoid, I'm still learning what is the best way for my body.

I've had weight issues in my later life. I have never EVER been very active. Coming to NS was a well-thought out plan between me and my healthcare provider. It was not taken lightly.

And, I have received such wonderful feedback from people like you. Those who actually take the time to reply, like, etc. It means a lot. Makes one feel special and not alone.

Now, I am learning (leaps and bounds every day) how to eat and exercise ... every ... single ... day. It's a life-altering journey for me and hope that I will retain what I've learned when I do make maintenance.

Right now, I am happier and feel so much better.

Again, thank you, Mike.
  • SuziBoston
    Options
    Suzi and Flo - I am trying to lose weight and you are giving me a big head! B) Seriously though, I feel like I've been pretty successful so far and hope sharing my experiences can help others. I've also grown quite a bit over the past three months and the advice I give today is somewhat different from the advice I would have given after the first month.

I've seen numerous posts that talk about sticking to the program 100% and those members that are writing those posts are seeing great success (30, 40, 50, 60 lbs and more). No question they are great role models and following their example should end in great results. But we are not all the same and even those following the program 100% and seeing great success have struggled with their weight in the past otherwise they would not have needed NS to begin with.

We see the success stories but how many of the 200+ members in this group are struggling and we never hear about it? How many would like to share but are embarrassed to do so? And how many of those people would benefit from sharing their experiences and getting feedback and support from other members that are seeing success?

Would I recommend somebody new to NS follow my example from the past week? Not at all. I am in a different place having already lost 32 lbs and well on my way to my goal. Do I think someone that has been following the program for a while but suffered a setback should get down on themselves? Absolutely not. I firmly believe negativity breeds failure and if you start getting negative about the program (or your performance on the program) you will decrease your chances at long term success. Again, this is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix and we all need to think about it that way.

Years ago, I would have been very upset with myself for not sticking to the program 100%. My failure to stick to the program would have led me to get further away from it. I would have probably regained any losses I had achieved and then some. Most of us have been there at one time or another. But today I am a different person and I focus on all the successes instead. Whether it is eating less, making healthier choices, being aware of what I am putting in my body and how it will affect me or exercising regularly, my life and health have changed dramatically over the past three months. I do not overlook my shortcomings but instead reflect on them to improve going forward. I do set short and long term goals and have been fortunate enough to meet them all so far. In my opinion, having goals and working towards them is important but it is not the end of the world if you come up a little bit short - especially if you are seeing success in other areas. If we all stay positive and keep moving forward, we'll all be successful.

Flo - I am SOOOO excited for you! Congrats!

That's ok!! Your working hard for that big head!!! I give credit where credit is due!! You deserve it!!! Your one of the best on here!! My hats off to you!!! Thank you Mike!! ;)
  • Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Mike -excellent!!! You phrased it better than I ever could have!!! TU Lynn