Squats

Options
13»

Replies

• _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Hm, interesting. I'm not 100% sure what the issue is that I'm seeing, but it looks like you have a ton of a movement in your lower back at the bottom of the movement. Especially on the way up.
    Back looks nice and flat on the way down and then...just odd, on the way up your low and mid back seem to move right to left in the video. Hard to tell but are you taking a big breath before your descent and bracing your core? Have you tried a belt? That may help give you something to brace against and increase intra-abdominal pressure, keeping your spine straighter/stable.

Paging SS.

• _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    To me, it looks like coming out of the bottom, my back stays bent so I come up doing a good morning, almost.
    I don't see anything like a good morning. Generally a good morning results when the hips come up and back out of the hole. I keep watching but can't put into words what I'm seeing and thinking. It's like your hips come forward and up, shoulders go back causing your back to arch. Bar path appears to be possibly moving back slightly near the top as you come up.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,305 Member
    Options
    I tried squatting without weight to see if I could emulate what I see. The only way I could make myself move the way I'm seeing is by shifting my hips slightly away from my glutes tensing and towards my quads tensing at my knees. Is that what you feel? You start to tense your gluteus muscles to prepare to go up, and you feel your center of gravity shift ever so slightly forward towards your knees to rely upon your quads to power up?