Anyone fancy a June accountability challenge?

Options

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I never posted a goal! I guess I should get thru an at-home appointment, but play it by ear otherwise.
  • zcb94
    edited June 2015
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    Oh man, I never posted a goal! I guess I should get thru an at-home appointment, but play it by ear otherwise.
    Welp, I needed a wound dressing change but nurse got stressed and cancelled, poor girl! I guess I can always save this goal for tomorrow.
    ETA: Where is everybody? Am I suddenly alone in my pursuit of a better me? Is this convo dead?
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/20-I'm finally up (could hardly sleep last night) and ready to get thru home wound care today. I sure hope she keeps her promise this time, although she was scheduled for 12:45. :neutral: This doesn't look good!
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/20-I'm finally up (could hardly sleep last night) and ready to get thru home wound care today. I sure hope she keeps her promise this time, although she was scheduled for 12:45. :neutral: This doesn't look good!
    Home wound care did make it, and went well. I am so close to the end of this messy ride!
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/21-I actually have 3 goals this AM, not necessarily in this order:
    1. Text a Fathers' Day shout-out to the men in my life.
    2. Celebrate with Dad.
    3. Once I know that he's happy, get alone with Abba, in reflection of His goodness.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Everyone is getting on well I see! @zcb94, that's fantastic news about your recovery, you must be thrilled!

I've been doing pretty well with my goals, my weight is pretty much holding out (although I have dropped 1lb but I won't lose sleep over that!) and I have gotten back to exercising every day. Feeling the burn today though, so tomorrow I will go for a gentle swim or walk and nothing else. I'm feeling good again :smiley:
  • zcb94
    Options
    Everyone is getting on well I see! @zcb94, that's fantastic news about your recovery, you must be thrilled!

I've been doing pretty well with my goals, my weight is pretty much holding out (although I have dropped 1lb but I won't lose sleep over that!) and I have gotten back to exercising every day. Feeling the burn today though, so tomorrow I will go for a gentle swim or walk and nothing else. I'm feeling good again :smiley:
    That's great! I'm glad to see this discussion revived.
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/21-I actually have 3 goals this AM, not necessarily in this order:
    1. Text a Fathers' Day shout-out to the men in my life.
    2. Celebrate with Dad.
    3. Once I know that he's happy, get alone with Abba, in reflection of His goodness.
    I did all of that, and we had a great day! Today, I definitely need to drink more.
  • zcb94
    Options
    Mission accomplished, and I think I'll try that again today!
  • zcb94
    Options
    Done! Today, I probably ought to start trying to learn something new, to avoid having my brain turn to mush while I lie here.
  • zcb94
    Options
    Done! Today, I probably ought to start trying to learn something new, to avoid having my brain turn to mush while I lie here.
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So I've been plugging along. Doing pretty good except for yesterday- major snacking going on in between my regular scheduled snacks/meals, hate it when I self sabatoge like that!! My step count hasn't always been 5,000 but I've been fairly close most of the time and even went over 5,000 one day.

Zcb94 and louubelle16, glad you both are hanging in there as well. Keep up the awesome job!! :)
  • zcb94
    Options
    I couldn't think of anything I wanted to know yesterday but will try again today.
  • louubelle16
    Options

That's a great idea, what would you like to learn?

I did my exercise today but I didn't yeaterday. I just didn't have time what with work being horrific and going to the cinema. But, fortunately, my boyfriend disagrees with cinema snacks (weird though, right?!) so it was a healthy trip with water as my accompaniment!

My weight is still the same too, which is good :)
  • zcb94
    Options

That's a great idea, what would you like to learn?

I did my exercise today but I didn't yeaterday. I just didn't have time what with work being horrific and going to the cinema. But, fortunately, my boyfriend disagrees with cinema snacks (weird though, right?!) so it was a healthy trip with water as my accompaniment!

My weight is still the same too, which is good :)

I honestly don't know. I thought about a third language but they all sound super-hard. I'm already taking Spanish (God-willing, I'm gonna finish my minor this fall, woot!) and am intrigued by the other European/romance languages, but don't know where to start. Any and all reccommendations will be considered gratefully!
    I also thought about easy hobbies but research on that topic led nowhere. Again, please feel free to jump in with ideas.
  • zcb94
    Options
    Wow, that was fun! I have undertaken research of various hand game/magic trick-ish practices, and plan to look for more, but, for today, I learned a lot and, most importantly, felt my brain work in cool, new ways as I practiced dissappearing-finger tricks and pencil twirling. I am still open to suggestions about what else to learn but loved today's adventure.
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/26-whoa, can you believe that June is nearly over?)-stay under my maximum calorie goal no matter what it takes!
  • zcb94
    Options
    6/26-whoa, can you believe that June is nearly over?)-stay under my maximum calorie goal no matter what it takes!

It worked with no problem. I nearly failed but have 5 cals left for whatever could happen before bed. Yayy!!
  • zcb94
    edited June 2015
    Options
    6/27-avoid losing the rest of my marbles as I run down what doctors say is the home stretch. I've sadly already lost the majority of them, though :frowning:.
    ETA: Where is everybody? I'm gettin' kinda lonely in here!
  • louubelle16
    Options
    I'm still around! You've done really well as always @zcb94 :)

I'm not doing so well at the moment, I'm stressed at work and it's making me really tired. But I've still exercised every other day, which is better than before! Plus, I start my new job tomorrow so all should be better! :)