• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    What are the letters on the eggs?
    Hard boiled and Raw
  • klingerman73
    klingerman73 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ALL of the food posts are amazing... I can be at your place in a couple of hours tat2cookie. What's for dinner? ;)
  • CateMoe
    CateMoe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on a huge egg white muffin kick lately. Today's combo was egg whites (obviously), Gardein Veggie Crumbles, red pepper, red onion & low fat cheddar cheese.
    They are perfect for breakfast or lunch and pack up easily.
  • klingerman73
    edited October 2015
    Options
    w3oq8pwf59mw.jpg
    Marinated chopped chicken breast on a salad with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella. This is enough for at least 3 days.
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    This looks fantastic!!
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    phjbjvdj8ijh.jpg
    Pumpkin pie protein smoothie - 1 cup fairlife milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup canned protein, pumpkin pie spice and stevia to taste. Yum, but really thick. I might do less pumpkin and more spice next time. I needed the stevia to sweeten it to give it a "pumpkin pie" taste.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I agree I am moving in with Tat2Cookie :D
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    A little squash with a chicken veggie stir fry tonight.
    0vpvi719p1iw.jpg
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yum
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Egg bake (recipe from one of my Post-Op education classes)

22359060280_1399647bb6_h.jpg2015-10-28_11-27-37 by Tony Driver, on Flickr

3 Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages (skin removed)
    1/3 onion
    1 clove garlic
    6oz fresh mushrooms
    120z roasted red pepper drained and patted dry
    1.5 c broccoli flourettes chopped
    1.75c skim cheese ( I used Mozzarella)
    2 tbsp grated parmesan
    pepper to taste
    8 eggs
    4 egg whites
    .25c Milk

Preheat oven to 375. Remove skin and brown sausage meat, drain if you want, and set aside. Sautee onions, garlic, for 5-7 minutes. Add in broccoli, drained and patted dry roasted peppers, and meat. Heat through for about 2 minutes. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish and line the bottom with 1/2 of Mozzarella. Add in the meat veggies and spread evenly. In a big bowl, mix up the eggs, egg whites, Parmesan, milk, and pepper. Add egg mixture to caserole. Top with remainder of cheese. Bake 20-35 minutes, until knife or toothpick come out clean. Makes 15 "bariatric servings". I froze it in 3-meal blocks, and kept out a week's worth. Best reheated in a toaster oven, so that it does not get soggy.

Any veggies in this can be substituted, as well as the cheese type, so you can create a bunch of combinations.

According to MFP: 223 cal, 14g Fat, 93 Cholesterol, 6g Carbohydrates, 2g Sugars, 21g Protein.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    Egg bake (recipe from one of my Post-Op education classes)

22359060280_1399647bb6_h.jpg2015-10-28_11-27-37 by Tony Driver, on Flickr

3 Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages (skin removed)
    1/3 onion
    1 clove garlic
    6oz fresh mushrooms
    120z roasted red pepper
    1.5 c broccoli
    1.75c skim cheese ( I used Mozzarella)
    2 tbsp grated parmesan
    pepper to taste
    8 eggs
    4 egg whites
    .25c Milk

Preheat oven to 375. Remove skin and brown sausage meat, drain if you want, and set aside. Sautee onions, garlic, for 5-7 minutes. Add in broccoli, drained and patted dry roasted peppers, and meat. Heat through for about 2 minutes. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish and line the bottom with 1/2 of Mozzarella. Add in the meat veggies and spread evenly. In a big bowl, mix up the eggs, egg whites, Parmesan, milk, and pepper. Add egg mixture to caserole. Top with remainder of cheese. Bake 20-35 minutes, until knife or toothpick come out clean. Makes 15 "bariatric servings". I froze it in 3-meal blocks, and kept out a week's worth. Best reheated in a toaster oven, so that it does not get soggy.

That looks sooooo yummy! I use a similar recipe, and I bake it in muffin tins to make them easier to grab and go. I love recipes like this that you can change up by changing the veggies/protein, too!
  • anbrdr
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Might be able to drop the fat by using different cheese/using less cheese (the Cabot Extra light is fantastic) and finding chicken sausage. You could also drain/rinse the cooked meat, if you really want to be hardcore. I bet this would come out pretty fantastic with the MorningStar Farms Veggie Breakfast crumbles.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »
    Might be able to drop the fat by using different cheese/using less cheese (the Cabot Extra light is fantastic) and finding chicken sausage. You could also drain/rinse the cooked meat, if you really want to be hardcore. I bet this would come out pretty fantastic with the MorningStar Farms Veggie Breakfast crumbles.

I use the Trader Joe's reduced fat mozzarella, it's only 45 cal/oz and it melts really well and tastes good. I have also used turkey bacon and chicken sausage for the meat, and artichoke hearts or asparagus for the vegetable in it. Now you have me wanting to try the breakfast crumbles in it! I will have to try that and report back :-)

• klingerman73
    Options
    q9of3i9wi68l.jpeg
    My son REALLY wanted to go to Red Robin for dinner.... No problem.... I asked for the kids menu and ordered the grilled chicken stickens..with steamed broccoli. I only was able to finish 2 of the pieces of chicken.
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    q9of3i9wi68l.jpeg
    My son REALLY wanted to go to Red Robin for dinner.... No problem.... I asked for the kids menu and ordered the grilled chicken stickens..with steamed broccoli. I only was able to finish 2 of the pieces of chicken.

That looks good though! I've only had one place that wouldn't let me order off of the kids menu, but that is usually what I do too!
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    o02z9h82nvdn.jpeg
    Still enjoying my meal prep from last week! Roasted chicken, kale, acorn squash and avocado.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have mixed feelings on how this turned out. I'd probably do it again but minus the cheese and using pico de gallo instead of salsa or with just the cheese and no pico or salsa. The flavors just didn't blend right. Anyway, it's a veggie burger with egg, cheese and salsa.
    z4jh1f3lpdcw.jpeg
  • tat2cookie
    Options
    di82awano4mj.jpeg
    Stocked up on some protein snacks yesterday!!
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    @tat2cookie, I don't think you have enough.

LOL!
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Ooh hell if you can find the pumpkin pie quest bars, and like that flavor give them a try. I'm not normally a pumpkin spice person, but it was recommended to me by a few people. I tried one and it is the best bar they have out. The texture is fantastic, there are little crunchy crumble pieces on top that were great. it's not too sweet or spiced either.