Let's see what you are eating.

Options

Replies

• Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Making me hungry also! All I had was a protein shake, blah. This gives me a future dinner idea.
  • AngieViolet
    AngieViolet Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I work at a large scale bakery, and I have an expert baker as a friend there. He made me garlic and rosemary cloud bread! I came home and made up my first piece of pizza in 6 months!! No flour, 125 calories for the whole thing, and high in protein!! I sliced up a baby bell light for the cheese. Mmmm5gsla87ub692.jpg
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I made wonton taco cups for dinner last night. Easy-peasy and really yummy.
    djmw1tl1m508.jpg
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    all of these look amazing. i cant wait to contribute.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    I made wonton taco cups for dinner last night. Easy-peasy and really yummy.
    That looks great! Did you just bake the wontons in a cupcake tin?

Also, RE: the Asian turkey meatballs. Adding them into MFP was awesome. I used 99% turkey, and the numbers are fantastic.... One ball contains: 71 cal, 2g fat, 33mg cholesterol, 2g carbs, and 12g protein. Could probably cut the cholesterol more by using 2 egg whites, instead of whole eggs. 2 of these was more than sufficient for dinner.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    anbrdr wrote: »

Thanks for the meatball recipe. They look amazing and I have everything to make them but the ground turkey. Oh well a trip to the store.

Those wontons also look yummy!
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    @anbrdr, yep. Just place them in a muffin tin with the cups sprayed with non-stick cooking spray (I use the olive oil type), then make your meat with the taco seasoning. Spoon it into the cups with some cheese, then bake at 425 for 5 minutes. Then dress them up once out of the oven (I used lettuce, tomatoes and more cheese).
  • cmchandler74
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Chicken in Lawry's marinade along with tomatoes, squash and zucchini noodles topped with Parmesan/Romano cheese blend. This one was a keeper. SO GOOD! I had been craving Italian food so badly and this took care of it.
    cx3qqz7x4by9.jpg
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,687 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! It keeps reminding me how many really healthy, really yummy foods are available to us!!
  • anbrdr
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Marinated pork tenderloin, seared and baked, with a side of broccoli. Mmmm https://goo.gl/photos/zd7BsrMLLjpc44js6
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    Holy cow, that looks good. Which was your favorite?
  • anbrdr
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My favorite was the next morning when I diced the pork and broccoli, and added them to an omelet with Cabot 70% light cheddar, and sauteed mushrooms. I ate maybe a quarter of it and it was so filling!
    https://goo.gl/photos/uaZrV4zD892QDMJj6

• luluchuu
    luluchuu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Dying to be out of the baby food phase! All of these meals look delicious!
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    Coconut cheesecake custard.
    Serving size: 100g
    Calories: 269
    Net Carbs: 5g
    Protein: 7g
    Fat: 25g

e5d034wa5nrx.jpg

1/2 cup Splenda baking mix
    16oz Philly 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
    8 tbsp unsalted butter
    1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
    4 large whole eggs
    1 tbsp coconut extract
    2oz heavy whipping cream
    6oz Fairlife 2% milk

Preheat oven to 325F. Put a pan with 2” of water into the oven at the same time and allow to heat for 20 minutes.
    Mix until well incorporated after each ingredient.
    Mix butter, cream cheese, and Splenda until smooth. Add coconut. Add eggs and extract. Add whipping cream and milk.
    Whip for 2 minutes until mixture has increased in volume by about 25%. Pour into dish about 2” deep.
    Place into oven above pan of water and bake for 45-55 minutes. Toothpick inserted should come out clean.
    Remove from oven and cool completely.

OH my gosh this looks and sounds delicious. How long did a pan like this last for you?
    I just had my surgery Tuesday and just today managed to get down a protein soup and a shake. What stage are you in so I have some idea as to when I might be able to have it? I have bookmarked this thread as I will be back once I am able to eat real foods.
  • ssbeadlady
    ssbeadlady Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for dinner! I tried that Tip Hero egg, bacon and cheese muffin recipe with a few modifications. Turned out yummy.
    log6yfyzign9.jpeg

These look so good. I did a search but couldn't find this recipe. Where might it be located?
  • luluchuu
    luluchuu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ssbeadlady wrote: »
    Breakfast for dinner! I tried that Tip Hero egg, bacon and cheese muffin recipe with a few modifications. Turned out yummy.
    log6yfyzign9.jpeg

These look so good. I did a search but couldn't find this recipe. Where might it be located?

http://www.food.com/recipe/bacon-wrapped-cheddar-egg-bites-486479
    This sounds like a similar recipe!
  • cmchandler74
    Options
    luluchuu wrote: »
    ssbeadlady wrote: »
    log6yfyzign9.jpeg

http://www.food.com/recipe/bacon-wrapped-cheddar-egg-bites-486479
    This sounds like a similar recipe!

That's pretty much it except the Tip Hero recipe calls for the bacon to be cooked prior to wrapping them in the muffin tin so they spend less time in the oven. I would REALLY recommend that you cook the bacon thoroughly, too (don't leave it a bit thinking that it will cook more in the oven). It was the one misstep that I had with mine - I prefer my bacon much less chewy than it ended up being.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Yeah, those bacon cup dealies come out so much better if you pre-cook your bacon @400 on an cookie sheet with roasting rack. gets rid of a lot of the grease, and crisps up nicely.

Last night, I made Chicken parmesan, using crushed pork rinds for the "breading". This came out quite delicious, but I ended up not tolerating the chicken very well. I'm going to give it another shot for lunch, and will put up a pic.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Baked blueberry oat muffins

vbwtrcb19nau.jpeg