Workout check-in - Juknow you got this!

Options

Replies

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Man was I sore this AM, but that ain't no excuses!

Since OHP isn't very taxing and I can setup with the deadlift nearby I supersetted those today to save some time

Deadlift
    160x5
    185x5
    207.5x10 (last rep was shaky, almost had to hitch it to lockout and dropped it RIGHT after. But this ain't no comp: it counts, kay?)

OHP

60x5
    65x5
    72.5x9

Snatch 4 complex -> snatch grip deadlift + hang power snatch + OH squat + full snatch
    Did 1 round w/ 55lbs

Then EMOTM x6 : 65x2, 70x2, 75x1, 77.5x1

Finished up with band pull-ups with SUPER slow negative (5ish seconds) - 4 sets of 5-6 or so
    Then one set of relatively light assist normal chinups, I forgot how many I got before writing it down so I worte 6 to be safe. Coulda been 8. *shrugs*
    Superset with box pistols x5 is per round
    and hollow rocks x15-20

Oh, and one attempt with just 20lbs assist on a normal pull-up and I got about half the way up.

And oooh boy am I not looking forward to running tomorrow. This next week is going to be brutal (but I have a week off after that. Strategic overreaching is a thing! Ha)
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    So squats...
    135 lbs x 5, 145 lbs x3, 167.5 lbs x 1 I wanted to hit 2 in the 1+ but the first and only rep felt so off. Turns out I had miss loaded the right side of the bar, hence the strange weight recorded.
    5x8 @ 95 lbs, every time I start this I think I should add more weight but by the time I get to my 7th and 8th rep I'm so glad that I didn't.
  • craftymommy
    craftymommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @psych101 !

I deadlifted more than my weight today. I failed, I didn't manage all 5, but I lifted it 4 times (I tried 3 times to lift that last one but it just wouldn't move up, my body was done) and that feels like an accomplishment so I'm very happy with my workout today.

squats: 5x5 @ 100#
    OHP: 5 sets of 3 @ 60#
    DL: 1x4, failed at 5 @ 155#
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Bench: 6x6 @ 97.5lbs
    Upright rows: 3x7 @ 70lbs
    OHP: 3x7 @ 70lbs

Bench seemed easy, but OHP, wow. I haven't done OHP in quite a while (sometime in April??) so I was definitely grinding the 7th rep on each set. Gotta keep working on this one.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday love you guys xxxx

Had a great day - bought waaaaaaay too much lululemon for myself hehe oops! and ate my bodyweight in Chinese food - so. good.

Gonna take tonight off lifting and hit tomorrow for my final lift of this week

xx
  • krokador
    Options
    psych101 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday love you guys xxxx

Had a great day - bought waaaaaaay too much lululemon for myself hehe oops! and ate my bodyweight in Chinese food - so. good.

Gonna take tonight off lifting and hit tomorrow for my final lift of this week

xx

Oh, I somehow missed this. Happy belated birthday! :)
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Shark week taking the week off except for a few glute isolation type accessory work and single leg work. Wondering if I shouldn't make those type lifts a priority over regular squats for a while as I try to increase muscle activation and balance...will see...everyone is doing awesome!!
  • krokador
    Options
    Nyar! (Yes, I have plenty of those. At least one for every day of the week... thsi is how i feel, what can I say?)

7x350m laps with sets of 11 push-ups in between (14 on last. for 80 total). Times were subpar for me (fastest 1:39, rest below 1:45 except the very last which I failed to record properly but was around 1:50), but that's to be expected considering the past 2 workouts DOMS and the fact I haven't given my legs much rest in 4 days. But hey, I haven't actually had a choice to get my extra mobility in! lol.

I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning, though! And urgh, shark week... I've got that coming up, too -_-'
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I figured I would start doing 5/3/1 set up for power cleans with my 5/3/1 for bench. I was a little worried it might be too long but I got through it with long enough rest periods in just over 40 minutes so it fits in my time slot.

Anyway 1 day
    Bench 80 lbs x 5, 90 lbs x 3, 100 lbs x 2
    Power clean 80 lbs x 5, 90 lbs x 3, 100 lbs x 2
    Then superset 5x8 75 lbs of bench and power clean.
    Works out quite nice that my weights are pretty close for both those movements.
    I have a lofty goal of hitting 135 for power clean 1rm. By the time I hit that I figure I will be around that for body weight too.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    At todays SL workout: stayed on the same weights as Monday and felt pretty good with all of them.

Squats: 5x5 @ 135.
    Bench Press: 5x5 @ 85 lbs.
    Barbell Row: 5x5 @ 90 lbs.

NSV: 1min:20 second plank. I didn't feel like do any extras today. LOL!!
    NSV2: I'm finally seeing some definition on my arms underneath all my fat.

I want to have my arms look decent by August, any suggestions on adding extra arm exercises? I tested myself on the assisted dips and pull-ups after todays SL and realized I may be working on the same muscle groups.
  • psych101
    Options
    Hi all!!

Thank god for the weekend! Blustery and cold here :(

Squat 5x5 @ 140lbs. Good. Solid. Moving up
    Bench 5x5 @ 85lbs. Easy. Moving up
    Row 5x5 @ 90lbs. Also easy moving up

5x5 superset of fun things
    Curls
    Pikes
    Plank twists
    Hip thrusts

Just a random mix of things to make the most of my preworkout haha!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Tonight I jogged in a 5k. Woot!! It was interesting though I went way too early. I wasn't sure with traffic, parking, check-in and such, so I went early and spent hours wandering around in the city. Also was not sure where anything was happening or the start line. There was music playing from some radio station dj thing so couldn't understand what the drag queen said when instructions happened once got to the waiting point for things to begin. I kind of wish I knew someone there and wasn't alone. Hard pinning number to self and getting glow sticks to cooperate. But fun overall. So much neon, glowsticks and rainbows since it was a Neon Glow run for Pride. I did jog the whole way, which was a nice path along the river. My number was 200 but I'm pretty sure I wasn't that number in reaching the end. It wasn't time or anything but I did it and that's what counts. Now I can say I've done a 5k. :sunglasses:
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Now I can say I've done a 5k. :sunglasses:

well, i'll tell ya. i'm awed. i feel more likely to one day squat twice my bodyweight than to do that.
  • krokador
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Tonight I jogged in a 5k. Woot!! It was interesting though I went way too early. I wasn't sure with traffic, parking, check-in and such, so I went early and spent hours wandering around in the city. Also was not sure where anything was happening or the start line. There was music playing from some radio station dj thing so couldn't understand what the drag queen said when instructions happened once got to the waiting point for things to begin. I kind of wish I knew someone there and wasn't alone. Hard pinning number to self and getting glow sticks to cooperate. But fun overall. So much neon, glowsticks and rainbows since it was a Neon Glow run for Pride. I did jog the whole way, which was a nice path along the river. My number was 200 but I'm pretty sure I wasn't that number in reaching the end. It wasn't time or anything but I did it and that's what counts. Now I can say I've done a 5k. :sunglasses:

Yay! 5k is nice. I've got a color run lined up in september, but I'm doing it with my little sister who's trying to get in shape so I doubt I'll be running that much. I think just for the ambiance tho, these events are definitely worth it :)

Today's workout was as simple as it gets in my case. Basically workout A of stronglifts, but with the wendler rep scheme. Ha.

Squat
    120x3
    135x3
    152.5x9

Bench
    95x3
    107.5x3
    122.5x4 (When I saw the number I was like "that can't be right" again... but no, it was the number. I just suck at repping bench presses)

Pendlay Rows
    110x5x5

And that was IT as I was starving and needed food STAT so I went home. This was my 5th day in a row without rest. I think Monday I won't do the running part. Oof
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    well, i'll tell ya. i'm awed. i feel more likely to one day squat twice my bodyweight than to do that.

Aww thanks. Though double bodyweight squat is far more impressive in my books. :wink:

@krokador - My next 5k is a bubble color run in August. I picked fun runs because I'm barely a jogger so time wasn't important, just wanted fun. Though it was a little awkward doing the one last night all by myself. People talking and dancing in small groups, having fun together. It was awkward too at the 5k walk I did for an AIDS organization. Until I found the group from my company where I work, I stood around just watching others interact. Even then, the work group only had two people I had ever seen before as it was mostly store around the city and I work around 15 miles south of it, one of which was the socially awkward district manager. I kind of wish I could have someone to jog with in August cause they seem better suited for groups and pairs while the more serious, timed runs might work okay solo, assuming someone is nice to help pin the number somewhere.
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats Dawn!! I know what you mean about having a buddy to race with or at least show up together. Check with your local runner's store and maybe there is a runner's club you could hook up with. There are often running clinics for different levels of running experience. So happy for you!!
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Yeah, I don't think I'd be comfortable just going to random runners. I'm not a runner either, plus I'm not into it with clubs. Just would be nice to know someone for an event but not quite enough to do that kind of effort. lol

Even though my quads were a tad sore from last night's run, I went to the gym after getting called into work on my day off. It was a short shift though, just under 4 hours. Spent around an hour and a half lifting and I miss having my earrbuds. Still letting the ears get a break from them though, so suffered the random discussions overheard at the gym.

NROLFW Stage 5 - B2

low bar squat 3x5 @ 110 - warm ups, okay but always feels heavy above 100

romanian deadlift/bent over row 4x4 @ 80 - okay but heavy for rows still

goblet squat 4x4 @ 40 - not bad, might try 45 next time
    wide lat pull down 4x4 @ 80 - still heavy

back extension 4x4 @ 25 - challenge but not bad

YTWL 4x4 @ 7.5 - meh as always

leg press 3x8 @ 180 - still heavy for me

deadlift 1x5 @ 185 - so heavy, almost couldn't do 5th rep. Need to really work on these if going to increase to 225.

good morning 3x10 @ 50 - fine as usual

hip thrust 3x10 @ 40 - went lighter, still awkward, might try regular bar next time

Tomorrow is a usual work day and I have an online thing to get done by the end of the 15th, so good thing tomorrow is rest day. Think I will skip jogging on Monday too. So next will be Tuesday's day A. Four more to go in Stage 5 and I have the book again, so can get notes ready for Stage 7.
  • krokador
    Options
    Deadlift and OHP 3s - did them as a superset again, with about 1-2 mins between the last 2 amrap sets

Deads 175x3, 195x3, 220x6 (hey, I remember setting a 1RM of 225 just a little over a year ago. Progress!)

OHP 60x3, 67.5x3, 77.5x6 - not bad at all considering I hit a 4 on my bench press yesterday.

Then I did a 3 rounds of 40/20 intervals
    - Knees to bows (14/14/13)
    - jump lunges (12/11/10 per leg)
    - American KB swings @40 (18/15/18)
    - close grip push-up (12/12/11)
    - goblet squat @40 (15/15/13)

4 krashers in an attempt to film them for next week's WOW >_>

And a 5x5 of wide grip lat pulldown at 120lbs

Tomorrow is rest and recovery. Might hit some yoga first thing. No running, tho. I'll have to do the sprints some other day... My legs need a chance to recover so I can do decent squats on the 5/3/1 day ;)
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    squats 65, ohp 45, deadlift 90. i did get four whole reps of ohp at 55 though, earlier on.
  • psych101
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Dead.
    Holy cow.

Squat 5x5x145lbs
    Ohp 5x5x70lbs
    Deadlift 1x5x190lbs then 1x4x220lbs

Leg superset of doom!! 5x5
    Bulgarian split squat @ 10kgs,
    Front squat @ 25kgs,
    Hip thruster @ 50kgs,
    Romanian deadlift @ 50kgs,
    Bench step ups - made these harder by crouching low by bench

So during my last set of step ups my left leg gave way completely! Lol oops! A little too hard out tonight.

Casein.
    Magnesium.
    Bed.