Options
124»

Replies

• DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Future business model: create a Keto Weight loss clinic.

Don't you have some rural land?

DittoDan's Keto Camp. Modeled after the fat farms / boot camps like this one:
    http://www.fitwoman.com/fat-farm/

fun.png

OMGosh, did you see the rates for that place???

4bfd8wosmuln.png

Maybe I should consider it?!?

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I have a conspiracy theory. The real reason for the low-fat high-carb guidelines was that the government realized it was impossible to produce enough meat to feed such a large and growing population. Wheat and corn scales much better. Now with concerns about global warming, they can't possibly back the idea of more fart-producing cows.

We should probably keep low-carb a secret so we can maintain our share of meat. :)

Aren't grain farms heavily subsidized in the U.S. (and even Canada)? Wouldn't that be a vested interest by the government to keep them going...

The subsidies don't just augment the farm income, they also strictly limit how much can be planted and of what. It's completely micromanaged. A farm can be fined if seed blow over into an area that's supposed to be left bare takes root and they don't catch it before an inspector does. A surplus screws with their books.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Fiancé's main complaint about my LCHF is that he can't find anything to munch on during the day when he's working from home. I can't understand why he can't spend 10 minutes frying up some bacon and egg but he won't. He bakes his own fabulous bread so he just eats that with a topping but honestly the bread takes an hour to make so I have no idea what he's on about. He would rather be hungry than cook keto it seems unless I make him!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Fiancé's main complaint about my LCHF is that he can't find anything to munch on during the day when he's working from home. I can't understand why he can't spend 10 minutes frying up some bacon and egg but he won't. He bakes his own fabulous bread so he just eats that with a topping but honestly the bread takes an hour to make so I have no idea what he's on about. He would rather be hungry than cook keto it seems unless I make him!

Pork rinds, you can use them for nachos or to make breadcrumbs, if he's that desperate for a snack, he can have a handful.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    So I guess by now Dan's consulted an architect and is having blueprints drawn up...........
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I have a conspiracy theory. The real reason for the low-fat high-carb guidelines was that the government realized it was impossible to produce enough meat to feed such a large and growing population. Wheat and corn scales much better. Now with concerns about global warming, they can't possibly back the idea of more fart-producing cows.

We should probably keep low-carb a secret so we can maintain our share of meat. :)

Aren't grain farms heavily subsidized in the U.S. (and even Canada)? Wouldn't that be a vested interest by the government to keep them going...

The subsidies don't just augment the farm income, they also strictly limit how much can be planted and of what. It's completely micromanaged. A farm can be fined if seed blow over into an area that's supposed to be left bare takes root and they don't catch it before an inspector does. A surplus screws with their books.
    I should read up on this!
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    So I guess by now Dan's consulted an architect and is having blueprints drawn up...........

LOL!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Kitnthecat, lol! Dan is amazing, isn't he? His thoroughness has been to my benefit during this adaptation process (as well as many others here!!)! We are so lucky that they have blazed the trail for us!
  • ldmoor
    ldmoor Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza toppings about once a week with no adverse effects. It's nice to have a meal with my family where we all eat the same.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I work from home and getting up to make a snack is one of the things I do most days to take a little break from my work and to get out of my chair and get moving around at least a little. Almonds or Pork Rinds for me are the easiest answers. A no-effort step up from that is to grab a couple slices of salami and cheese.

What I've been doing lately is making a snack out of pizza toppings, put some deli sliced pepperoni spread out on a plate, on each one a tiny bit of pizza sauce, a piece of mushroom, and a bit of mozzarella. Microwave for 45 seconds or so (I'm sure it tastes better coming out of the oven but I am looking for something quicker than that), nom nom.
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I still think keto is considered fringe, but, using some of my non keto friends as an example, some are very interested in what I am doing and are doing there own research on it. Others just think I am weird and since I was veg*n before I started this woe of eating, it just seems to prove that point to them lol. I am less than four weeks in this WOL, so I am assuming when my weight loss becomes apparent that the criticism will stop... I hope so anyway.
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »

Kitn, arrrrgggg! How DID you know???? LOL! (I have given it a lot of thought though, I have had my own business before and I do have the money....)

I have one more big hurdle....I have to lose 40 more pounds. I still am grossly fat looking. I actually have been thinking about posting what I look like NOW (after loosing 84 lbs) (a belly shot with no shirt) and titleing it, "Ya Wanna See Something Gross?". LOL!

And I am finding it more and more difficult to lose. Actually I am not sure Keto can get me there anytime soon. That's why I am turning to intermittent fasting. I think Keto will be a great maintenance WOE though and I look forward to getting to my goal weight. I actually am seriously thinking about travelling to Dallas in September to attend my first high school reunion (40th). In the past, I would of never given it not one second of thought, cause I was so heavy. It was always a dream to me. But now I see it could be a possibility... :)

• DittoDan
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    @Kitnthecat, lol! Dan is amazing, isn't he? His thoroughness has been to my benefit during this adaptation process (as well as many others here!!)! We are so lucky that they have blazed the trail for us!

You're so sweet Karlot!!!! Seriously, if I help one person and especially a morbidly-obese-diabetic-that-has-no-hope, I'll be blessed beyond measure...

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    In my own universe, which now has greater importance for me finally.....keto is my mainstream normal woe, wol even. It has given me back the control over what I put in my mouth and the resulting effect on my body. We know it works, don't we? What I am enjoying immensely right now is tweaking my keto regime to observe any changes that occur. I felt like I was stalled in my weight loss through April and May, but switching it up to ZC in June has made such a difference and I am losing again.

Just think about all the approaches to weightloss through keto that could be offered at Dan's keto resort........ Anything and everything is possible.

Just let us know how we can all help and when the grand opening is....