Starting JM's Body Revolution July 13th

Options
SatiaRenee
SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
Yes, I know I'm planning way ahead but that's because I am going out of town and didn't want to start this program and try to keep gong when I knew I would be out of town and in a guest room where I might not have much space for moving around and such. I chose to do a program that is also less intense because I'll be doing a lot of walking around and even possibly participating in some yoga classes while away.

Anyway, that's why I know I won't be starting until I get home but I'll be starting the very next day, Monday, July 13. I thought maybe there would be others who are about to leave and/or be home from vacation and, like me, want to plan ahead. Or maybe someone who started in April or May and got sidelined and might be thinking about starting over . . .

Just throwing it out there. In the meantime, I'll try not to feel too intimidated by the program. I have over a month to get as strong as I can before I bite the bullet, as it were.

Replies

• Clo747
    Clo747 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead is always good! I hope to be deep into Phase 2 by then, but we'll all be getting our butts kicked by Jillian! Best of luck! X
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I have a few Jillian Michaels DVDs (30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and some of her beginner DVDs) and have never made it past the first level/phase. I'm hoping that Body Revolution will somehow work for me in ways that her other workouts have never done before. I love the format and I have a feel that Body Revolution, because it offers a bit more variety, will be the impetus to my making progress and finally breaking through the first level.
  • Clo747
    Options
    It definitely has more variety as you only do the main workouts 4 times each before moving on. I could never really get on with 30ds because doing the same workout 10 days in a row was terribly boring to me.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @Clo747 That was precisely my problem. I would get bored doing the same workout day in and day out. And then when I was supposed to move onto the next level/phase but it was too hard for me, the thought of doing more of the workout I'd already been doing . . . ugh. I figure, even if that happens with BR, I can keep going but maybe mix in some of her other DVDs as well. But my fingers are crossed that I'll be ready for Phase 2 when I'm scheduled to move onto the next phase.
  • Clo747
    Options
    @SatiaRenee I usually just do an extra week, which is still only doing the same workout 6 times total or modify the more difficult moves on the next level. But, yes, I feel there are more options to alleviate boredom with this program. Good luck, hon! x
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I started June 1st. I have started a bajillion times before and never made it very far. I'm really enjoying it this time. I think my mindset is a bit different this time around and motivation may be stronger for some reason - I'm not really sure. But I can tell you after the first two weeks of workouts I was thinking that I was ready to move on then this week (week three) we switched workouts and DANG I can feel it and I love it! It's different so I'm still enjoying it - harder but fun too.
    Good luck!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @engodwin That's what I'm counting on. I'll probably have to modify a lot because I'm not supposed to do anything high impact so no jumping jacks or fast feet. Even burpees and mountain climbers have to be changed to protect my knees and ankles. But hey! Doctor's orders--I'm not supposed to do burpees or mountain climbers! Yay! LOL!

I definitely want to feel that I'm working. I did a round of 21 Day Fix and when that stopped leaving me sore, I added PiYo. It was really hard for me at first and I was sore every day. A few weeks into it, I was still feeling sore but was able to do more. I mean, for someone with bad joints and a balance disorder, doing 2 serious workouts back-to-back? Whew!

Now I'm doing Slim in 6, which is a much gentler workout than I've been doing, and 21 Day Fix Extreme, because I felt I could do it with a gentle workout. Feeling sore again and glad of it. So that ongoing soreness is precisely what I'm after! My son is interested in doing PiYo so I may end up doing that with JMBR when I get back from my vacation. I'm super excited to get started though. And I've watched the DVDs to sort of mentally prepare myself for where I'll need to change things up.
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Me too I will join you
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @jacquirich Wonderful! I'm pretty excited. I'd start sooner, frankly, if I weren't going out of town. But we'll be in it together! In just under three weeks!!!
  • LRC1975
    LRC1975 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First post ever on MFP but I will be starting July 13 as well!
  • Katrina2778
    Katrina2778 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've had the dvds for weeks but I've been doing other things instead. Hopefully I can incorporate this into my schedule and have even better results!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Awesome! @LRC1975 & @Katrina2778 I am on vacation so I'm sorry I haven't been more immediate in my response. I'll be home on the 12th (which is why I plan to start on the 13th) and plan on checking in here. Accountability is helpful. I'm hoping I won' regain too much weight while on vacation (so far everything still fits!) and that I can lose what I have gained and then some before I leave for my next trip in late September.
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I want to start it Monday! My stuff is finally here and now I can start!
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I took last week off - not really by choice (sometimes life is just not fair) - but I started back up on week 5 (basically doing week 5 twice now) - we're all in this together!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Morning Workout

I had planned on grabbing my 3 lbs weights but I forgot and just grabbed the 5 lbs weights that were in the room. Definitely felt like I did well, in spite of my bad joints and my balance. I even did one of the warriors with the weights in my trembling hands. LOL!

Is anyone else doubling up as described in the book that comes with the program? I am also doing PiYo with my son so I'm not sure I'm keen on doing a cardio workout on top of that. But who knows. Maybe later today I'll reconsider. Whatever else I decide to do, I probably won't do the Cardio 1 workout. Instead, I'd use the stationary bike because my dog loves doing some passive bonding with me when I use the bike, lying down underneath until she hears the triple beep signalling the workout is done.

Anyway, so far so good.
  • LRC1975
    Options
    Got in today's "morning" workout this afternoon. Woke up at 5am to work out but so did my son. So managed to get it in at work. Not doing afternoon cardio as with kids activities tonight I won't have time. So far eating is on track, but my "weak" time is after the kids go to bed.
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am doing the program, too. I am in Phase 1, doing workouts 3 and 4 for the next couple of weeks. I am enjoying the convenience of the workouts. I usually run, but it's Winter here, and the shorter, colder days make it harder for me to get out for a run.
  • Katrina2778
    Katrina2778 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 1!!!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @LRC1975 I have a problem with nighttime noshing as well. So I've pretty much said that I'm not allowed to eat anything solid after 6pm. We typically have dinner at 5pm so that hour leaves me a little room to decide if I'm still hungry after dinner and maybe need a little more. Otherwise, I'm cut off for the rest of the day. If I simply want to taste something, I'll either have a cup of broth (if I'm craving something salty) or some herbal tea (if I'm wanting something sweet). It has helped me tremendously to cut back on the mindless nibbling.

@michable I don't blame you. I am not a fan of cold weather so I wouldn't be eager to run outside either. Like you, I love the convenience of working out from home. I love walking around my neighborhood but when I can't get out for a walk, for whatever reason, I do love being able to just slap a DVD in the player and do what I need to get done!

@Katrina2778 I managed to get through Day 2 and surprised myself by grabbing a weight for the second round of abs. Next time, I'll use the weight for both sets of abs. I'm dreading cardio tomorrow because I really have to keep everything low impact and I have a feeling that it will be hard for me to keep up while modifying. We'll see how it goes.
  • LRC1975
    Options
    Workout 2 done. Also managed to not sabatoge my efforts yesteday by eating the evening away. Feeling good!