What's your Kryptonite?

Options

Replies

• msmi1970
    msmi1970 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just found a new one. Sugar free chocolate almonds. I guess I won't buy these anymore.

bugger..that sounds good.. :(
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    jaims224 wrote: »
    Wine, easily wine. Secondly, banana bread. I cannot just have one bite. I could eat a whole loaf, and fast.

I should amend my post and say: nachos, and wine. I do love a nice dry wine.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Just found a new one. Sugar free chocolate almonds. I guess I won't buy these anymore.

You should try my low-carb almond bars... I'll try to post a recipe tonight ~ if I have time... very simple...

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm certain that if I tried any of my previous top 100, I'd have a serious problem. I ate a half sweet potato back in May, along with plenty of meat, asparagus, and cucumber in vinegar/mayo sauce, and I couldn't believe how STUFFED I felt when I was done. I hadn't loaded up my plate OR cleared it off like that in so long. I had no control over myself, even though I was technically making 'permissible' choices. I have been way more careful about what I eat since that meal.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    DittoDan wrote: »
    MiamiDawn wrote: »
    Plain milk chocolate.

If you go Keto for a few months, the sweetness of milk chocolate will be overpowering. I once loved Miracle Whip and hated Hellmann's mayo. Now, I can't stand MW, its just too sweet. Even Hellman's tastes sweet now. I use it for a dipping sauce for my meat now.

That's why Lindt 90% is so awesome, 2x fat grams to carb grams... Keto chocolate, lol. And so much tastier than milk chocolate...

That lindt stuff makes me spiral outta control. It's so delicious. I always end up binging if I buy it.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »
    MiamiDawn wrote: »
    Plain milk chocolate.

If you go Keto for a few months, the sweetness of milk chocolate will be overpowering. I once loved Miracle Whip and hated Hellmann's mayo. Now, I can't stand MW, its just too sweet. Even Hellman's tastes sweet now. I use it for a dipping sauce for my meat now.

That's why Lindt 90% is so awesome, 2x fat grams to carb grams... Keto chocolate, lol. And so much tastier than milk chocolate...

That lindt stuff makes me spiral outta control. It's so delicious. I always end up binging if I buy it.

I switched from Lindt to Ghiradelli despite the cost for just this reason, @minties82 . The chocolate wham factor is better, and even at the same % of cocoa, is far less sweet. Plus, it is individually wrapped, so I have to make a conscious choice, deliberately to eat more than one piece. Then chew gum to get rid of the lingering flavor (which tends to be a big part of my auto-binging...)...

If I can find an even better quality in my regular store, I'm so game!
  • AMPie73
    AMPie73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Pull and Peel cherry twizzlers. They have always been my go-to road trip food and I can eat myself sick on them. I used to think "oh, they're low fat, what a great candy choice!" Then started doing low carb and realized one piece has 26g of carbs. Holy crap! Guess I'll be looking for a new road trip snack, lol.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Pepsi and Dr Pepper. I'm a newbie to keto but I've gone moderate carb in the past. If I allow myself this "treat" then all my control flies out the window.

I miss pop.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Try Lindt 99%. It's delicious, it comes in small packets that are only 250 calories so even a massive binge can't get out of control and to be honest, I'm a bigger and I've never managed more than a third of a packet.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Binger!!
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Neither of those product are available where I live I don't think. I did find some 100% cacao but it was over $12 for 75g.
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have spent so often this past year dreaming of Lychees (sad I know). I discovered them for the first time last year and was counting the days until I could get more. There is just something about them-- so fragrant and sweet-- they're my fav food ever. So they finally just came in season a few weeks ago and I had only two servings of them. Then I decided to go LC. :'(

I'm pretty sure if I had just one I'd hunt down and eat every last one in a 5 mile radius. That isn't a joke. I love them that much.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    for tart and sweet together, try something with sugar free jello (peach is my favorite) and either cream cheese and butter or heavy cream and sour cream, and it's the perfect tart and sweet balance. I was a sour candy junkie in my former years.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I have spent so often this past year dreaming of Lychees (sad I know). I discovered them for the first time last year and was counting the days until I could get more. There is just something about them-- so fragrant and sweet-- they're my fav food ever. So they finally just came in season a few weeks ago and I had only two servings of them. Then I decided to go LC. :'(

I'm pretty sure if I had just one I'd hunt down and eat every last one in a 5 mile radius. That isn't a joke. I love them that much.

I have never seen one or heard of Lychees before. I just googled it and it looks like an interesting fruit. I've never seen them in America, either in Texas or Michigan. Maybe they're sold in a organic food/grocery store? IDK. Has anyone seen these in the states?

The carb count is around that of an apple, pear, pineapple, orange, blueberries...so it would have to be eaten in small servings... (I eat blueberries ~ a couple ounces a day in my jello...)

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    We have lychees in Canada, so you must have them in the States Dan. They are delicious, but very sweet. They have bins of fresh fruit as I enter my grocery store, and there they are as soon as I walk in. You may have walked right by them without recognizing them ? I haven't tried any this year, but a few fresh cherries were consumed....
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I have never seen one or heard of Lychees before. I just googled it and it looks like an interesting fruit. I've never seen them in America, either in Texas or Michigan. Maybe they're sold in a organic food/grocery store? IDK. Has anyone seen these in the states?

I have only seen them canned with syrup like pears, so I don't know if you could really find any that would fit your woe. But I do see them more in Asian food, so maybe an Asian market would have some fresh.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Lychees, oh.my.days. - I loooove me some Lychees. They taste like tropical, fragrant grapes to me, just nicer. Tell you what else i love - those young Thai tender coconuts that you just scoop the flesh out with a spoon like jello. Gawd theyre good. And Pakistani Mangoes... gosh i miss sweet, juicy fruits, especially in this heat.
  • SkinnyKerinny
    SkinnyKerinny Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have found Lychees in the following places in the US: Safeway (hit or miss-- some stores special order them), Trader Joes (they stocked them for like 5 minutes this year) and Asian markets. There is a place in Florida that sells them online but it's about $30 per pound. They are also sold on Amazon along with their first cousins, Mangosteens (not nearly as good in my opinion).

But as I told the nearly 30 people at my office who asked about the weird fruit I was eating, "BEWARE THEY ARE ADDICTING". About 26 of those people became addicted (one of them seriously like me) and the others didn't like them. So you have been warned.
  • AMPie73
    AMPie73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    for tart and sweet together, try something with sugar free jello (peach is my favorite) and either cream cheese and butter or heavy cream and sour cream, and it's the perfect tart and sweet balance. I was a sour candy junkie in my former years.

Love this! I will definitely be trying some combination of this.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Try Lindt 99%. It's delicious, it comes in small packets that are only 250 calories so even a massive binge can't get out of control and to be honest, I'm a bigger and I've never managed more than a third of a packet.
    Never found 99%, only 90 where I live and I can never eat more than 60-70 grams of that in one go - its so rich.