What's your Kryptonite?

Options

Replies

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My own bread. For many years I baked four loaves a week for the family.

But I haven't baked bread in months so it's easy to control. The rest of the family isn't as happy about that.
  • JustMe2C
    JustMe2C Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Nuts, even though LCHF friendly, can be a downfall for me if I'm not really really careful. I could keep eating them until there is no more.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Cake. I see cake and I get weak. I'm fairly confident if offered I could say no without a problem now though. But still...awfully tempting.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Yummy, fruity cocktails.
    Particularly flavored rums.
    R.I.P. Delicious, tasty passion fruit rum. And coconut rum. And mango rum. Etc...
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Baked potato chips especially the sour cream cheddar ones, peanut m&m's, peanut butter filled pretzels (my sis and I after ten years still refer to them as the devil)
  • Astharteea
    Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    French fries every time I go out to eat I chose a Keto dish but I can't help not adding the French fries.
    Pringles and chocolate, I'm never tempted to buy them but if my husband has them in the house, I can't help it.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Astharteea wrote: »
    French fries every time I go out to eat I chose a Keto dish but I can't help not adding the French fries.
    Pringles and chocolate, I'm never tempted to buy them but if my husband has them in the house, I can't help it.

I just steal fries from my SO, if he thinks about getting a different side dish I gently convince him fries are the best choice
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So far, nothing. I had several things that I was worried about, but I didn't eat them when they were right in front of me. I am sure that it will end up being some type of pasta though. I adore pasta.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Peanut butter. Hard to stop after that first spoonful. Luckily it's not too carby..

All the things that used to be so dangerous have lost their power now.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Fvaisey wrote: »
    Peanut butter. Hard to stop after that first spoonful. Luckily it's not too carby..

All the things that used to be so dangerous have lost their power now.

Mine is peanut butter too, because it's okay in small quantities, but then I want more. Especially when I make it into my chocolate peanut butter mousse. It's so delicious that it's a good thing I only make one serving at a time.
  • dalansteiner
    dalansteiner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is evil. And addicting
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Any kind. But especially cashews & pecans. Eat

Eat just a couple? Impossible! An ounce? No way.

Even before I was doing a ketogenic diet I could eat a half pound of nuts at a sitting and not bat an eyelash.

So.... since I have so much to go nuts are on my forbidden list and for me personally as scary as sugar. Perhaps when I'm down 100 lbs I might add in measured macadamia nuts since they are so high in fat.
  • GymBard
    GymBard Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter. I cannot have it in my home. It is only a minor exaggeration to say that a single-serving size is whatever size container I would be foolish enough to buy and bring home.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »
    Nuts. Any kind. But especially cashews & pecans. Eat

Eat just a couple? Impossible! An ounce? No way.

Even before I was doing a ketogenic diet I could eat a half pound of nuts at a sitting and not bat an eyelash.

So.... since I have so much to go nuts are on my forbidden list and for me personally as scary as sugar. Perhaps when I'm down 100 lbs I might add in measured macadamia nuts since they are so high in fat.

Try eating them raw without salt. They are still satisfying fats, but not as addictive as salted & roasted. I can restrict raw nuts without too much problem, but macs & cashews that are roasted & salted, I could eat pounds.

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter. I cannot have it in my home. It is only a minor exaggeration to say that a single-serving size is whatever size container I would be foolish enough to buy and bring home.

Mmm yes! As kids we used to sneak into the kitchen and grab huge massive spoonfulls of it. I could easily eat 1/2 of a container full right now but I have no desire to.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    For me it's fries, or poutine. Or chips. Or oil-popped popcorn with butter on top.

The thing that really does me in, though, is poor planning, forgetting to eat breakfast sometimes, things like that that leave me vulnerable to quick food when I finally realize I'm hungry.
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Macadamia nuts are my new kryptonite as I discovered yesterday when the bag was empty. The office was empty so I didn't feel watched and I went back to some very dark days of binging that I hadn't seen in a very long time. Oh and not keeping busy - that's a bad thing for me.

Also recently discovered that having too much fresh meat and veg in the house is bad as I worry it will go off and try to eat it all to avoid waste. I am not a dustbin!! But not good to have too little either as shopping while hungry isn't good too! Oh man life is hard!
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jaims224 wrote: »
    Wine, easily wine. Secondly, banana bread. I cannot just have one bite. I could eat a whole loaf, and fast.

Yep.. the wine :blush:

Oh and Cheese.. any kind of cheese. doesn't matter
  • thetemplateblog
    thetemplateblog Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    These are evil! I get the shakes when I walk into Wawa now that I've gotten back on the wagon.

eclaire-pie-orig.jpg
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Plain milk chocolate.