What's your Kryptonite?

Options
wabmester
wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
After 6 months of low carb, I find that there are very few foods that still trigger cravings. Maybe chocolate. But the difference is that now I find it easy to control the amount I eat even if I satisfy my cravings. I had some DELICIOUS chocolate truffles today, and I felt full after just a couple of them. (OK, it was 4, but I couldn't eat any more.)

But there's still ONE thing that gets me. Dark chocolate + coconut + almonds (+ sugar). Specifically, these evil things (available at Costco):

514JhH6CA5L._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

I cannot have these around me. I don't exactly binge on them, but I can eat WAY too many and never feel full. They are evil. You have been warned.

Replies

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Boredom

I was talking with someone earlier about mixing up my routines for boredom escape!

I have rotated thru a variety of workouts, not all are perfect but they keep me from being bored.

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Boredom

I was talking with someone earlier about mixing up my routines for boredom escape!

I have rotated thru a variety of workouts, not all are perfect but they keep me from being bored.

Yeah, that's what keeps me from lifting weights. I'll happily hike, walk the dog, or run along the beach or trails, though.
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sugar in any form. But especially with chocolate. I just can't eat sugar.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Salted roasted Planters pecans. I have to put the nuts in 1 serving plastic containers and take one at a time to work. If I try to keep the can out, I'll eat half the can.

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Baked goods-cake, brownies, cookies, etc. I have a major sweet tooth and these are at the top of the list.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I saw those coconut dark chocolate almonds at Costco, picked up the bag, and put it down again. I knew that if I had them in my house and tasted one, I'd be a goner. Dark chocolate + nuts=Kryptonite.
  • parkdad73
    parkdad73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Mine isn't a food but being tired. I lose my willpower as I will eat anything just to stay awake.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Chips. I miss chips so bad. Specifically doritos and sour cream and onion ripple chips. I buy pork rinds to make nachos but it just isn't the same thing.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    These are my problem especially Dill Pickle flavour: I can easily eat two bags which is 10 servings.ccentral.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/100g_CM_CrnchDll.jpg

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    parkdad73 wrote: »
    Mine isn't a food but being tired. I lose my willpower as I will eat anything just to stay awake.

so true- it's like my body needs energy from somewhere - so it's going to eat!
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    parkdad73 wrote: »

so true- it's like my body needs energy from somewhere - so it's going to eat!

Same. Tiredness and boredom are definitely my kryptonite.

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Chips & mayonnaise from the chip truck when I'm drunk at 1am....
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Nachos. Specifically nachos the days before a period. :smile:
  • jaims224
    jaims224 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wine, easily wine. Secondly, banana bread. I cannot just have one bite. I could eat a whole loaf, and fast.
  • _Virgo_
    _Virgo_ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Rice....I freaking love the stuff. It's so versatile, I could put anything in it and it would taste amazing.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I would have said potato chips, but they have been here, open (sons graduation swim party), for a month, and I haven't touched them! THIS IS MAJOR FOR ME!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Chips. I miss chips so bad. Specifically doritos and sour cream and onion ripple chips. I buy pork rinds to make nachos but it just isn't the same thing.

Try doing the microwave cheese crisps (must use dixie plate in micro - I cannot get same effect in oven) with sharp cheddar and use the Ranch flavored popcorn seasoning after the come out of the microwave. They taste almost exactly like cool ranch doritos.... So light, crispy, and fluffy. I imagine something similar with onion soup powder, maybe dipped in sour cream would work for the second choice. I find that I can be satisfied with a finite amount, and then not eat any for days, but if the cravings strike and threaten to send me off the deep end...I can quiet it in a reasonable way.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I haven't dared delve back into the bad carby world, but I would say:

Tomatoes - but if I purchase small quantities, that controls itself
    pickles - I could easily eat an entire jar
    dark chocolate mousse - small quantities are LCHF friendly, but I want to eat it in cups at a time.
    French Fries - I think - as I haven't tried these again.
    Eggrolls - maybe. I still am searching for an excellent inside out recipe (stir fry of the insides), but they all have way too many ingredients for me to experiment with.
    Croissants - My fiance can have these, glazed or not, in the house, and I want them every time I see them, but so far I've resisted.

I get whispers of other things, but they really aren't that tempting. I've only been on this WOE for 5 months though, so maybe the dark side hasn't cast it's spell on me yet.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Stress/drama. Today I'm in a building full of it. Kryptonite, its full of kryptonite. Normally I would have been in the candy bowl but so far so good.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Looking back at when I had my most tempting moments...

Skipping a meal is a bad thing for me. I get hungry and want to chew the corner off my desk!

When I am hungry and have foolishly not packed a snack it is even worse!