What's your Kryptonite?

Options

Replies

• Artemis68
    Artemis68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Learned my Kryptonite last night. WATERMELON....OMG WATERMELON!! My daughter wanted me to cut her some and there it was...all juicy and yummy looking. I figured one slice will be okay....like 4 slices and 62 carbs later. :neutral: so mad at myself.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Yeah, watermelon and I have had long term love affairs in the past. If I REALLY want it, I'll try to get a piece or two while at a buffet. Otherwise I could have eaten the whole melon!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    MiamiDawn wrote: »
    Plain milk chocolate.

If you go Keto for a few months, the sweetness of milk chocolate will be overpowering. I once loved Miracle Whip and hated Hellmann's mayo. Now, I can't stand MW, its just too sweet. Even Hellman's tastes sweet now. I use it for a dipping sauce for my meat now.

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Yeah, watermelon and I have had long term love affairs in the past. If I REALLY want it, I'll try to get a piece or two while at a buffet. Otherwise I could have eaten the whole melon!

Ditto that. Watermelon is a kryptonite for me. I don't buy it anymore, but if I am at someones house, I'll eat a cup of it and stop.

Pineapple is in the same boat....

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    MiamiDawn wrote: »
    Plain milk chocolate.

If you go Keto for a few months, the sweetness of milk chocolate will be overpowering. I once loved Miracle Whip and hated Hellmann's mayo. Now, I can't stand MW, its just too sweet. Even Hellman's tastes sweet now. I use it for a dipping sauce for my meat now.

That's why Lindt 90% is so awesome, 2x fat grams to carb grams... Keto chocolate, lol. And so much tastier than milk chocolate...
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    nicintime wrote: »
    Nuts. Any kind. But especially cashews & pecans. Eat

Eat just a couple? Impossible! An ounce? No way.

Even before I was doing a ketogenic diet I could eat a half pound of nuts at a sitting and not bat an eyelash.

So.... since I have so much to go nuts are on my forbidden list and for me personally as scary as sugar. Perhaps when I'm down 100 lbs I might add in measured macadamia nuts since they are so high in fat.

Try eating them raw without salt. They are still satisfying fats, but not as addictive as salted & roasted. I can restrict raw nuts without too much problem, but macs & cashews that are roasted & salted, I could eat pounds.

Oh wow, yes! This never occurred to me, very true for me too now that I think about it!

My biggest weakness is cheesy chips - Cheetos, Doritos, sour cream & cheddar Ruffles especially.
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, Nuts and Brownie Brittle or Mrs. Thinster cookies!
  • MelodySmith511
    MelodySmith511 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Corn chips at the Mexican Restaurant. If I had 1 I'd be a goner!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Erfw7471 wrote: »
    canadjineh wrote: »
    nicintime wrote: »
    Nuts. Any kind. But especially cashews & pecans. Eat

Eat just a couple? Impossible! An ounce? No way.

Even before I was doing a ketogenic diet I could eat a half pound of nuts at a sitting and not bat an eyelash.

So.... since I have so much to go nuts are on my forbidden list and for me personally as scary as sugar. Perhaps when I'm down 100 lbs I might add in measured macadamia nuts since they are so high in fat.

Try eating them raw without salt. They are still satisfying fats, but not as addictive as salted & roasted. I can restrict raw nuts without too much problem, but macs & cashews that are roasted & salted, I could eat pounds.

Oh wow, yes! This never occurred to me, very true for me too now that I think about it!

My biggest weakness is cheesy chips - Cheetos, Doritos, sour cream & cheddar Ruffles especially.

Make microwave cheese crisps with popcorn seasoning. Better flavor, more filling, and just take long enough to make you won't binge because it's too much work!!! LOL
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Corn chips at the Mexican Restaurant. If I had 1 I'd be a goner!

They taste like paste and cardboard now. And the salsa mainly tastes like vinegar unless mixed with sour cream and/or cheese.

And I could take a bag of tortillas and a gallon of salsa before and just eat on it for a few days...
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Blue Diamond Wasabi and Soy Almonds. So delicious and so addicting. I made the mistake once of buying a one pound bag on my lunch break and at the end of the day half the bag was gone. A gas station by my work sells the snack size packets so I'll stop in there and buy that if I want them. Even if I tell myself I'll measure out one ounce, it's too easy to eat a few here, a few there.

Also boredom eating. I'm a lot better than I used to be. I have a strict rule of not eating past 8pm. Most of the time I cut myself off at 7pm when I've finished eating dinner. I just tell myself I can't eat anything until the morning. Plus I find I lose weight better with that short period of fasting.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Blue Diamond Wasabi and Soy Almonds. So delicious and so addicting. I made the mistake once of buying a one pound bag on my lunch break and at the end of the day half the bag was gone. A gas station by my work sells the snack size packets so I'll stop in there and buy that if I want them. Even if I tell myself I'll measure out one ounce, it's too easy to eat a few here, a few there.

Also boredom eating. I'm a lot better than I used to be. I have a strict rule of not eating past 8pm. Most of the time I cut myself off at 7pm when I've finished eating dinner. I just tell myself I can't eat anything until the morning. Plus I find I lose weight better with that short period of fasting.

I love these too! I get the big bags but only bring 1.5oz to work for a snack. If I open the bag at home it can be trouble. Yummy!
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Football season...

So easy to watch games all day Saturday and eat. Last year I did better. Need to do the same this year.

I love the bowl season too! And it is right around Christmas and New Years eating marathon too.

The Bermuda Triangle of eating
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    tlmeyn wrote: »
    jaims224 wrote: »
    Wine, easily wine. Secondly, banana bread. I cannot just have one bite. I could eat a whole loaf, and fast.

Yep.. the wine :blush:

Oh and Cheese.. any kind of cheese. doesn't matter

Weirdly, I am losing my taste for wine. Either that or I've had about three bad types of wine in a row. It tastes more like straight alcohol and less like the dry wine flavor that I love.

But cheese, I don't think I will ever get over. It's too damn good and way too easy. Like you, any type of cheese. I'm pretty sure I could eat my way through a cheese wheel if one was available.

Cheese doesn't necessarily love me back, so I have to remind myself to impose limits.
  • rosendale1
    rosendale1 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter. I cannot have it in my home. It is only a minor exaggeration to say that a single-serving size is whatever size container I would be foolish enough to buy and bring home.

I sure relate to this remark . . cannot have it in my "world"
  • msmi1970
    msmi1970 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    any nut...drives me nuts.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    tlmeyn wrote: »
    jaims224 wrote: »
    Wine, easily wine. Secondly, banana bread. I cannot just have one bite. I could eat a whole loaf, and fast.

Yep.. the wine :blush:

Oh and Cheese.. any kind of cheese. doesn't matter

Weirdly, I am losing my taste for wine. Either that or I've had about three bad types of wine in a row. It tastes more like straight alcohol and less like the dry wine flavor that I love.

But cheese, I don't think I will ever get over. It's too damn good and way too easy. Like you, any type of cheese. I'm pretty sure I could eat my way through a cheese wheel if one was available.

Cheese doesn't necessarily love me back, so I have to remind myself to impose limits.

I've taken to portioning it off when I bring it home, and sticking with feta and goat cheese (no brie).
  • jennybird99
    jennybird99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Beer. Especially at Blue Jay games and Pub trivia nights.
    Popcorn at movies.
    It's surprising, but coca-cola is not but should have been my undoing.
    I still just eat too much, sometimes. Habit. Boredom. I had cake Thursday, one reasonably small slice that s friend brought in to work. I DECIDED to eat it. It was lovely. But I think I feel less stable or full the next day, regardless of how much fat/protein I have.
    But I am chipping away. And where I would have had 3 pints, I have 2. 4 is now 3. And so on.
    Peanut M&Ms must be kept far away from my grasp.
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just found a new one. Sugar free chocolate almonds. I guess I won't buy these anymore.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Extra sharp cheddar cheese...and blue diamond smokehouse or habanero almonds.....mmmmmmm mmmmmm good!