Replies

• kmac1196
    kmac1196 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    LOL I don't think so.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,755 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and come over to the dark side, get a Fitbit with an HR >:)
  • kmac1196
    Options
    LOL....

This week...up .8

Deficit was 643 avg daily.

Not happy. No whoosh happened when I started to cut. Started Sept 7 2.6 down now. Just wanted more.
  • desjham1
    desjham1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's been a couple of weeks, any new developments?! :)
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Hey, what's going on kmac? Nothing from you for a long time now.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    I'm here!!!! I had a couple of stupid weeks (too low calories trying to speed things along). Felt terrible and it didn't help. Back to the usual....1900ish. But I am not weighing. Possibly monthly so it won't be for a while. I got so caught up in the scale moving that I stopped doing the things that I know work. 12 week reset and then once I started cutting, I got wrapped up in it again.

It bothers me that I'm not done with my weight loss goals. I started losing in 2012. It bugs me that others have done it more effortlessly than me (my husband for one). BUT I need to let all of that go. It's hurting my progress. I have to just do me. My journey will be different than everyone else's. I just need to do what I know I can do forever.

So...lifting 4 days a week and throwing in some walks. Working on adding yoga once a week for relaxation and stretching. Cals 1900 with a day here and there over. I'm not worried about taking a break because the holidays are coming up and I'll have plenty of over days here and there. Fitbit flex is coming in the mail this week.

I will still update here. I'm not giving up. My 12's are still too tight to wear but I can button them. Weight is most likely still 193. I'm more concerned about the clothing. I have a pair of 10s that I was wearing and I'd like to get back into them soon.

I had a great week back to lifting and I'm already feeling more like myself.

Thanks for checking in with me!!!!!

Kristen
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Hang in there. Glad you had a good week of lifting.

My biggest change has been clothes and measurements, I have been cutting since mid Sept. but only 250 cals. per week. It is disappointing to not have the scale move, but if the body changes, so far, I am ok with that. I had gone up 6.1 lbs. from where I started the reset and I am down only 3.1 of those so far.

I do find my TDEE changes a bit from week to week. I adjust for that, eat back about half of the exercise cals. that I get from the fitbit adjustments (to make up for any logging errors). I am walking and doing body flex 2x a week, and at home I do dumbbells. I need to get motivated to go to the fitness center and use the machines, but I don't like them and I do enjoy the dumbbells at home and it is so much easier to work it into my day that way. I like feeling stronger, hitting some of my goals. I wanted to be able to lift my hybrid bike on and off the car carrier, and I can do that easily now. I do like eating around 1700 to 1800 cals instead of 1200 too, so I am getting some rewards from all of this.

We are all so different, some reset and away they go, some take a couple of years to get to goal. We just have to follow our path and try to enjoy the journey.
  • lovtolaff
    lovtolaff Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    kmac1196 wrote: »
    I'm here!!!! I had a couple of stupid weeks (too low calories trying to speed things along). Felt terrible and it didn't help. Back to the usual....1900ish. But I am not weighing. Possibly monthly so it won't be for a while. I got so caught up in the scale moving that I stopped doing the things that I know work. 12 week reset and then once I started cutting, I got wrapped up in it again.

It bothers me that I'm not done with my weight loss goals. I started losing in 2012. It bugs me that others have done it more effortlessly than me (my husband for one). BUT I need to let all of that go. It's hurting my progress. I have to just do me. My journey will be different than everyone else's. I just need to do what I know I can do forever.

So...lifting 4 days a week and throwing in some walks. Working on adding yoga once a week for relaxation and stretching. Cals 1900 with a day here and there over. I'm not worried about taking a break because the holidays are coming up and I'll have plenty of over days here and there. Fitbit flex is coming in the mail this week.

I will still update here. I'm not giving up. My 12's are still too tight to wear but I can button them. Weight is most likely still 193. I'm more concerned about the clothing. I have a pair of 10s that I was wearing and I'd like to get back into them soon.

I had a great week back to lifting and I'm already feeling more like myself.

Thanks for checking in with me!!!!!

Kristen

I just read thru this whole thread today and what you said up there is exactly how I feel and what I need to do.

i too get caught up in the scale or what others are doing (eating 1000 or less calories a day!!) and forget what works for me. I have GOT to try to not focus on that scale number this time and instead feel the goodness of my clothes fitting better and moving back down into my larges from my xlarges.

Thanks for posting what you do! It's encouraging to me.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Oh! You're welcome! I'm glad sharing my story (struggles and all) is helping people. I'll update in a few days again!
  • kmac1196
    Options
    So this update isn't really much of an update. I'm settling in to this as just something I do. Fitbit is now recording same avg as bodymedia (I do log weight lifting separate but everything else is good)....2500 ish.

My eating target is 2100. Plan to weigh on the Weds before Thanksgiving and then again right before Christmas where I will then take a week off at maint. before cutting again. Hopefully, with those 2 weigh ins, I'll see 4 lbs. and more inches. If not, I'll use that week at maint to reevaluate cut value.

I'm not taking measurements since I'm terrible at it LOL. But....the size 12's (in the after picture in my profile) that I wore before the reset can go on, zip, and button and comfy everywhere except my muffin top, which wasn't there before, makes it not wearable. So I'm making progress albeit slowly.

I do see in the mirror changes. And I will take monthly pictures. I have them from the past few months too. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to share them but I'm in my undies and bra so the world wide web isn't where I want to post them but I'll see.

Ditching the scale has been awesome! Totally freeing and doesn't dictate my days at all. Consistency is better since I just do what I do anyway. I don't every really care what I weigh, only what I look like, but I was using it as a tool to assess diet and make changes....and I was weighing too often and making too many changes too quickly to see if anything really worked.

So 2 months to see if 2100 cals is a good number. I'm sure I'll post results and ask for advice before carrying on for the next 8-12 week cut. But so far, nothing really going on. LOL

Lifting is good. I'm doing EM2WL Heavy/Light which I'm liking. Right after my weigh in in Nov I'll switch to their Upper/Lower split. Changing every 4-6 weeks isn't something I've done before so I'm hoping this will also help!

Anyway, not much to report but a peace has settled in me and hopefully all the cortisol overload is gone with it. This isn't a means to an end, it's just what has to be and to be so results oriented with this lifestyle is ineffectual.

• retirehappy
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Kmac, I <3 this lastest update.

I am finding focusing on fitness rather than a number on a scale a much freer lifestyle. I have to be fit to live my life the way I want, a number on a scale can't do that for me. I do still weigh myself, but I don't get emotional about it, it is whatever it is, meh.
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great update! Hopefully the "rest" will do you the world of good :)
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    That's great kmac! Glad to hear you are feeling good.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    ww6zs78fc552.png

Here's an arm shot from yesterday. Cuts now visible have never been there (have lifted for 18 years and dieted down to lower weight while lifting and still...weren't there). Sorry about the smudgy mirror in my son's room...didn't notice it until after and then cleaned it. LOL
    arm.png 426.9K
  • lovtolaff
    lovtolaff Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow good job...look at that arm! I hope I can have that result one day. And hey I have smudgy mirrors too lol
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm just glad there isn't a frightened teenager head popping out from under the blanket!

Great job to be able to see the results of all that hard work.
  • justsayinisall
    justsayinisall Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    your story is one that had me coming over to eating more. LOVING the arm! I jelly.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Thanks all. And wow! Just sayin. I had no idea. Thank you.
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Great job. The updates are helpful. I like your idea of weighing once per month. I, too, like to make massive changes based on silly daily weigh ins. Must stop.
  • kmac1196
    Options
    Here it is.....drumroll please....LOL

Week...IDK Started cut on

Sept 7 at 196.4
    Sept 14 194.8
    Sept 21 194.8
    Sept 28 193.8
    Oct 5 193.8
    Oct 13 192.4
    Nov 23 192.4

The last month (from Oct to Nov) was the most consistent I've been with cals @2100 since I began this journey and it's really because I gave up the scale. Now that I see the numbers, I think I will drop 100 cals a day....so 2k for the next month.

Honestly, the few seconds on the scale did nothing for me. Pictures I took showed differences in lots of areas maybe only noticeble to me, but still there. Onward.

Will update in December! :)