Is there any kind of July challenge in the works?

Options
13»

Replies

• ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am going to join this joyous July challenge. 18:6 bulletproof style. May be more like a 20:4 as things progress we shall see. I go on my beach vacation in 31 days with my family. Time to whip myself into a better shape. Stats in the a.m. Let's do this!!!!!!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to do this challenge!!!
    Will weigh myself tonight as I forgot to this morning before I check in.

Good luck everybody!
  • SlimBride2Be
    SlimBride2Be Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Should we add a caveat for new low carbers? I don't think I could have even contemplated fasting until minimum 6-8 weeks into this WOE or I would have died. I think newbies need to know it's not a failure to not be up to it yet! It was a LONG time before I could confidently skip a meal but these days it's totally easy.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I started this morning.

STARTING STATS:

129 pounds
    27.7% Body Fat
    31.1% Muscle

Today turned into a 20:4 Bulletproof fast. I just had my BPC coffee with 1 tbsp Kerrygold butter & 1 tbsp MCT oil at 10am and a large coffee with 2 tbsp HWC at 11am. I hope the HWC didnt end my fast?

• azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Have you all come over and checked in on the challenge post? Its up above on the main low carbers page here.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yup, just a reminder that we are starting over at:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10199514/jentacular-juramentum-july-if-challenge-check-in

(For whatever reason, once a post is "Pinned" to the front page, it no longer appears in the list of "All" Discussions!)

I consider HWC to be "kosher" for a BPC on a fast. It does have carbs, but in a reasonable amount to put in coffee, I consider them "trace carbs." :D

If you are the type to add 4 tbs or more of HWC to your coffee, try increasing the kerrygold/butter to make up for the lack of creaminess that less cream provides.