So...what does everyone's name mean

Options
auntstephie321
auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
I try to figure out what everyone's name represents on here, feel free to share if you'd like.

Mine's fairly obvious, I have 3 nieces and 3 nephews who all started out calling me aunt stephie, Stephanie is a bit too much for them to put together when they start talking. My nephew (stephen, named after me <3 ) started out calling me aunt waphees, still does one in a while :smile: and 321 is my bday, but also works well when numbers are needed

Replies

• greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My favorite color is green, my favorite season is autumn, and my favorite number is 17!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    My husband calls me sunshine and I love bunnies!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    If I told people why my screen name is DittoDan, it could bother some people....(especially women) LOL! Maybe some of you can guess?

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • azcowgirrlup
    azcowgirrlup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well, cowboy up or cowgirl up basically means, don't give up, keep trying, man up, tuff up, be brave! It was my motto in my previous career. Az is because I live in Arizona now. I added the extra "r". Just because....
  • Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well my actual name is Julie but my husband calls me Gnulie and it makes me smile. Does anyone remember the gnews with Gary gnu? Ya well I find humor in the dumbest stuff ha ha.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    My grandchildren call me Granny May. It was a small chain of stores here when the first grandchild was born, so it was amusing to use it. My real name *is* May though. And I live in Oz(tralia).
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Minties is a brand of confectionery originating in Australia and manufactured in both Australia and New Zealand for their respective markets. They are a hard, white and chewy, square mint-flavoured lolly, which on chewing become so sticky that they are notorious for causing fillings to come out.

+ I was born in 82.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    I'm just boring... First name Frank. Last name Vaisey. I keep hoping that using my real name will attract stalkers but no luck so far.
  • ChristinaMojo
    ChristinaMojo Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My first name (Christina) + part of my biz/company name (Mystical MOJO Box).
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I play guitar. On occasion I still play in bands and garage bands. I quit a band to go back to college and got my engineering degree.

Now I do the corporate job thing and have money to buy a guitar or two and enjoy playing out.

And as a guy, of course I have lots of hobbies! Bicycle, weights, golf, and buying power tools with aspirations of being able to use them someday!

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    deksgrl = DEK my guy's initials + girl
    Or, as many people have told me reading it fast is Desk Girl and I sit at a desk all day. lol.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I live in Canada very close to a city named Montreal. I also have a French Canadian Heritage.

There is a man named Georges St-Pierre who we say is 'from' Montreal He's actually from a small town just outside there. That's how we Canadians have to roll sometimes. Your 'town' is so small you have to say the nearest larger town so someone can place you on the map. In any case, he is a mixed martial artist and arguably the best pound for pound fighter in the world. And... it doesn't hurt that (IMO) he's also super easy on the eyes.

But further to this he also won Canada's athlete of the year 3 times in a row, one of those years being voted above the Olympic gold medalists. He has amazing character and always represents his sport, his country and himself with pride, dignity and respect. A classic underdog story of someone who worked his way out of nothing and gives back everything. One of the most accomplished fighters in the UFC and an all round amazing role model for not just sport, but for people. (I could certainly go on, but I won 't).

So. Because his name is long (and French) everyone calls him GSP

And.... on another note, I opened this account many moons ago when I was begrundginly in the CICO camp eventhough I knew it didn't work for me but didn't have a better option. So I was bustin my butt and doing P90x. Yeah. I never finished it. I burnt out.

So there you have it.

GSP90x
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I initially joined MFP a long long time ago and have not changed my name. I'm not very creative. :)

"Mami" because I'm a Latina mom (and an ex used to call me "mami" all the time).
    "1976" is the year I was born (in my ICQ life--anyone here remember ICQ?--I was "BicentennialGal").
    "D" is the first letter of my name, Diana.
  • mizzougal11
    mizzougal11 Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    mizzou=I graduated from the University of Missouri
    gal=girl
    11=my favorite number

+it's my ebay name and I try to keep my username's the same whenever possible. Wish I could do the same with passwords!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I initially joined MFP a long long time ago and have not changed my name. I'm not very creative. :)

"Mami" because I'm a Latina mom (and an ex used to call me "mami" all the time).
    "1976" is the year I was born (in my ICQ life--anyone here remember ICQ?--I was "BicentennialGal").
    "D" is the first letter of my name, Diana.

OMG I totally remember ICQ lol, that seems like forever ago :)
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    Or, as many people have told me reading it fast is Desk Girl and I sit at a desk all day. lol.

I assumed you just spelled desk different to work and that you did sit at a desk all day, like I do, it was a secret bond we had lol
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    If I told ya.....You know how it goes :)
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Im a Mummy who loves coconut and is a tad nutty
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I assumed you just spelled desk different to work and that you did sit at a desk all day, like I do, it was a secret bond we had lol

Yep, if I would get up more then I could eat more, but I don't. If I just go to work and home and don't do anything else aside from the minimum, then I get like 3,000 steps a day. Maybe.

• auntstephie321
    Options

Yep, if I would get up more then I could eat more, but I don't. If I just go to work and home and don't do anything else aside from the minimum, then I get like 3,000 steps a day. Maybe.

Yep I'm the same way, I have to make myself go for a walk in the park on my lunch