So...what does everyone's name mean

Options

Replies

• moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I picked up the nickname moon growing up in Philly. Originally it was "moondoggie" which I got from a character in one of those 60's beach movies. But I grew tired of being called "dog" for short, so I shortened it to moon instead. One wild and crazy night at college, I gave myself and all of my friends Roman names. Mine became moonius maximus. The moonius moniker has just stuck with me since 1973. (BTW, it has nothing to do with "mooning" people!) :D
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I usually use Radii. That was taken, as was Radii21 which was my usual fallback, so I just added a 3'rd I.

Radii - RAD are my initials and I'm the 2nd (named after an uncle). I came up with it in college when we had to create an ID for the CS department's servers. As a math nerd at an engineering school I thought the fact that my initials were also a term used in math was hilarious and clever :P
  • mandajocov13
    mandajocov13 Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Not very creative, Manda- Amanda, Jo- Jo, Cov- Covington is my name and 13 is the year my daughter was born. I normally just use MandaJoCov but had to add the 13. Another used, mainly for just my little family, is TheCovingtonThree (Instagram). As we only plan on having one child :blush:

Edit: Grammar
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Bump for all the new people. Welcome to the group!
  • anapplefortheteacher
    Options
    I'm pretty new to the group. Anapplefortheteacher is my username because I teach 4th grade, it reminds me to eat healthy snacks, and makes me feel better about my apple body type.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I hate creating screen names so I just used a different spelling of my name and threw on my last initial.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    The "low" is because I play bass and carry the low end in a band. Jax is short for my last name. I'm not too creative. :smiley:
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Just a coffee drink I like. :)
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Fun thread! I'm a gamer and when I created the name I did most of my gaming during the day (hence Daylite) and I mainly play first party shooter games. "mag" is a reference to magazine, as in a magazine that holds ammo and inserts into a gun. Presto: DayliteMag was born. I don't have a lot of time for gaming any more, but the screen name stuck. I actually have friends here on MFP that I game with and who I introduced to the site here.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    When I was LOTS younger my hair was "Reba red" as I grew older it turned darker and I was not crazy about it so... I turned it red again... thus Reblazed was born. I've since let it go back to natural (which is now white) but the name stayed on.
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm a visual designer, and CMYK stands for cyan, magenta, yellow and black used in the print process, and RGB stands for red, green and blue color spectrum used for web design.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    No more pie for me (Π) B)B)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    :) Self-explanatory... :) I retired from teaching middle school in 2013!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I'm little so when I was in college people would call me a munchkin, then it became queen of the munchkins and then changed to munchy or queen munchy.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    No more pie for me (Π) B)B)

You had me at hello. :wink:
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I was(technically still am) a Tony Stewart fan, although since the kids came along I don't have time to watch many NASCAR races anymore. Added the 33 because I had to add something and 3 is my fav number.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    First name Deena, husband calls me his little bean. Clever, I know.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Lilith is a biblical character, who was Adam's first wife, made out of dirt like Adam. The story goes she refused to bow to Adam per God's command, and instead pretty much walked out. She ended up the Queen of Hell, mother to all kinds of demons. I thought it was a nifty story. I added an extra "l" because people were asking me if I was a big fan of the Lilith Fair (not). 32 is my favorite number. Also, I was about 15 when I picked out that particular handle... it's been with me for a long time.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Anyone need help with mine? :) Using my real name helps remind me to not make a donkey of myself on social media plus no one believes it is my real name.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Mine is an anagram of my name, Elizabeth R.