So...what does everyone's name mean

Options

Replies

• bobwest185
    bobwest185 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't think mine requires an explanation. Sorry ya'll but accountants aren't the most creative people :)
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    The explanations are endearing.

Mine is boring. First name Mary, last (married) name Linton. When I opened my MFP, I was in the middle of an early morning boot camp in my neighborhood, Mesa Park, with a couple of neighbor moms who were (and are) good friends. The boot camp was led by a very intense Russian ultra-runner. She had a great personality, but there was no pacing yourself in her camp. I injured my knees, and quickly fell off the wagon thereafter. I swore off boot camps until I had a much higher base level of fitness. I'm not there yet, but I'm making progress... However, I'm not sure I want to go back to that mode of exercise. I'd like to be in charge of my own HIIT, when the time is right.
  • m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I signed up for MFP a long time ago and used my email which had my last name in it. Not a big deal but I decided to change it when I convinced a bunch of friends to sign up. We created a private group on here to match a moms group we were part of. It was referred to as "Rainbows and Puppies" in jest because it was a group of us that didn't enjoy the mothers that pretend life and motherhood is all rainbows and puppies. I changed my name to m_puppy as a joke. None of them have kept up with MFP over the years but my name is stuck. Plus I find it mildly hilarious. I mean, I love dogs but I'm definitely not all cutesy. Now my teenage daughter finds it embarrassing and that adds to the joy it brings me. My real name is Megan.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I initially joined MFP a long long time ago and have not changed my name. I'm not very creative. :)

"Mami" because I'm a Latina mom (and an ex used to call me "mami" all the time).
    "1976" is the year I was born (in my ICQ life--anyone here remember ICQ?--I was "BicentennialGal").
    "D" is the first letter of my name, Diana.

I remember ICQ it took me ages to get why it was called ICQ. :p
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I hear the ICQ new message sound coming from a young person's cell phone. It freaks me out. LOL
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Well, most of my friends call me goat. It is an unfortunate nickname I aquired in college due to my ability to eat anything. The FIT part is about being a fit goat, for once.
  • jaims224
    jaims224 Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My name is Jamie, but my nickname has always been Jaims, I spell it that way so it isn't the traditional "boy" way of James. 22 was my Dad's football number in college and 4 is my favorite number for reasons unknown.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BACON. A LOT.
    Plus it is keto, funny, and wasn't taken.
    So there you go. :smile:
  • jnmrie
    jnmrie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My middle name is Jeanmarie ---> jnmrie.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I am the farmers daughter. No. For real. Cows, sheep, corn, beans, hay you name it.
  • MDAPebbles67
    MDAPebbles67 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    MDA as a shout out to marksdailyapple, a site that saved my life. I wanted friends from there to be able to find me here. Pebbles has always been my nickname because my Mom's name was Wilma. Good name for a paleolithic convert.
    67 is my birth year.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    My name is Ang.....and I live in Canada lol
  • AngInCanada
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    deksgrl = DEK my guy's initials + girl
    Or, as many people have told me reading it fast is Desk Girl and I sit at a desk all day. lol.

Hahaha totally thought were a desk girl too ;)
  • danidanibobani
    danidanibobani Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well, my name is Dani.....there's this song....fe, fi, fo, Fanny!
  • AngInCanada
    Options
    Well, my name is Dani.....there's this song....fe, fi, fo, Fanny!

Hehehehe
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Well, I love to knit, and back in the early 2000's, I tried to make a go at a company selling my own handmade goods (knit, crochet, sewn, embroidered, etc. - there aren't many crafts I haven't tried!), and so I worked really hard to come up with a fun company name. So I joked that it would be "hit or miss" so there was born KnitOrMiss...

My personal nickname to which I always respond instinctively is Wench, which my biker fiance uses as a term of affection (considering all my RenFaire and Halloween costumes end up with a wench-y theme), but I didn't want to have to do a variation here.

All my other former user names were specific (WoodNymph3058 for battletech, Lauranthalasa for AD&D, Notebook for GScouts, etc.) and I didn't really want to give away too many personal details, so KnitOrMiss it was.

It's a great conversation piece, plus I find that crafters tend to naturally gravitate toward each other...lol.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    So I joined MFP a few months before I got married, DAM are my married initials and 5412 is....my wedding day. Seemed fitting since I joined MFP to lose weight for the wedding...and I feel like I'm swearing (one of my hobbies) when I say it!
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I meditate. 25 years ago I started using this name. I'm told it means "source" in Tibetan.
  • Goooosfraba333
    Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The movie Anger Management. And some random threes for aesthetics, lol... :blush:
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with German Shepherd dogs, hence the name (and no, it's not Get *kitten* Done Mama) LOL