So...what does everyone's name mean

Options

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Bits and pieces of my first, middle and last names.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I am from (and still live in) the midwest. And my birth year.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    Lilith is a biblical character, who was Adam's first wife, made out of dirt like Adam. The story goes she refused to bow to Adam per God's command, and instead pretty much walked out. She ended up the Queen of Hell, mother to all kinds of demons. I thought it was a nifty story. I added an extra "l" because people were asking me if I was a big fan of the Lilith Fair (not). 32 is my favorite number. Also, I was about 15 when I picked out that particular handle... it's been with me for a long time.

Biblical??? I don't think so, lol.

Edit. Sorry, I guess I was wrong (not about the story, but about the word - I only read in English - but apparently it's Hebrew.) Learn something new every day.
    cw08dwnidakr.png
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    last name + first initial + middle initial lol
  • Bubba1922
    Bubba1922 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mine really silly - it is from a great holiday my partner and I had in Mississippi. We visited Chattanooga and Vicksburg (war sites). In gas stations , convenience shops, diners people would call us "Bubba". Sure it was friendly term - 1922 is the year of birth of my lovely father ( now deceased).
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    College football being my favorite sport. Visit as many stadiums as I can just to be a spectator. I don't have to even have a favorite team. I used to tell people: Give me the two worst college football teams on the coldest day with the worst seats in the house, and I will still go...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    No creativity here. Initials and year I was born.
    Female sports fan.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I was afraid of the toads which were abundant when I lived in Texas; they jumped everywhere I tried to walk. My ex-husband gave me the name.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    I started using MFP before I retired. I wanted to retire and be happy, thus retirehappy. And I did :)
  • BT_rescuemom
    BT_rescuemom Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Boston Terrier rescue is one of my passions. I am that crazy rescue dog lady. We have 6 Boston Terriers right now, most with complex medical needs.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    toadqueen wrote: »
    I was afraid of the toads which were abundant when I lived in Texas; they jumped everywhere I tried to walk. My ex-husband gave me the name.

That is so funny! When I first moved here the freaking grasshoppers were everywhere....You'd walk through the grass and thousands would hop up...I can't imagine toads like that!
  • 53YOWM
    53YOWM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am, quite unimaginably, a 53 Year Old White Male. Apologies for being so dull. ;)
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am from and live in Mississippi, and may or may not be a southern belle ;-)

missippibelle

I left out an "iss" because that is how we say it down here.
  • kpk54
    Options
    @missippibelle , after 30 years in The South, I'm learning. I live near Derm aka Durham. Fort Bragg is in Fayt vull aka Fayetteville and if someones asks me for a "pin" what they want is a "pen".
  • collegefbfan
    Options
    @kpk54 Nothing like the south. Born and raised. You live near Durham. Only an hour and 10 minutes from me
  • kpk54
    Options
    @kpk54 Nothing like the south. Born and raised. You live near Durham. Only an hour and 10 minutes from me

So as a native, you know the joke then. I'm a Damn Yankee because I came South and STAYED. :)
  • collegefbfan
    Options
    Come on now... Welcome the change...
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yep, you are only a yankee if you come to visit ;-)
    And for the record, "pin" and "pen" sound entirely different where I come from!
    kpk54 wrote: »

So as a native, you know the joke then. I'm a Damn Yankee because I came South and STAYED. :)

• Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Never in a straight line. Which is SO me.
  • sh512266
    sh512266 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My name is Sheena. When I first signed up for MFP years ago I had no idea there was a community and you could have "friends". Lol

Sh512266 was my log in handle for my university website so it was easy for me to remember and I put 0 thought into it. Haha! Wishing I had something better now!