Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cheese "Chips"

shrinkinmama27
shrinkinmama27 Posts: 36 Member
Does anyone know how the fat and calories change when making cheese chips on the skillet? Obviously a lot of oils cook out so I'm wondering if my fats and proteins will be thrown off when I eat them....

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    I've wondered this too. Someone said to log it like regular cheese, but I feel like a lot of fat must cook out since there is a lot of grease on the tray when I'm done.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Same with pepperoni chips!
  • shrinkinmama27
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Same with pepperoni chips!

Haven't made those yet! Yum!

• CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    MMm, pepperoni chips... NOW you're talking! Gotta love the meat :)
  • auntstephie321
    I do pepperoni, salami, bologna the same way as cheese, sometimes that's my lunch, and a couple pickles. Yum
  • shrinkinmama27
    I LOVE hard cured meats so I'll need to try that!
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Maybe you can measure the drippings and compare it to regular fat? Better yet used it on s salad. It sounds yummy! I used to bake my cheese on parchment paper in the
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    I don't notice as much grease when I bake them on parchment paper....so I just count the fat content on the package.
  • JennyToy1
    JennyToy1 Posts: 26 Member
    Does anyone know how the fat and calories change when making cheese chips on the skillet? Obviously a lot of oils cook out so I'm wondering if my fats and proteins will be thrown off when I eat them....
    can you tell me how you do this? i am not much of a cook and the few times i have tried doing cheese chips they were icky. thanks!!
  • shrinkinmama27
    JennyToy1 wrote: »
    can you tell me how you do this? i am not much of a cook and the few times i have tried doing cheese chips they were icky. thanks!!

I just sprinkle cheese in a skillet and cook it until it looks crispy...but stop before it burns...
  • auntstephie321
    Cheese stick before and after. I microwave on a plate for 70 seconds. You may have to adjust the time for your microwave.

oh2jy5dhmul6.jpg
    9zru98mk6aof.jpg
  • jennybird99
    jennybird99 Posts: 60 Member
    Wow.
    Just... Wow.
    I just made these, on parchment in the oven, using shredded PC cheddar. 6 of them, using about a tablespoon? for each one. Next time I'm measuring. I didn't let them brown, just melt and bubble at 350-375• until I could tell they were about to brown. So good. SO GOOD.
    But I have no idea how to log it. As 6 tablespoons of cheddar? Which is just shy of a third of a cup. Just over a quarter. Arghhhh.
    And... hijack alert.
    I had a fantastic eggplant lasagne, vegetarian, but using the available food listings, carbs vary WILDLY. I chose one with moderate carbs (10 grams), but the tomato sauce makes me think I should edit and choose the higher one to be on the safe side. I entered it twice to compensate for underestimating, but still. Any tips for what to do when you just don't know?
    Tx.
    #cheesechipsrule
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Wow.
    Just... Wow.
    I just made these, on parchment in the oven, using shredded PC cheddar. 6 of them, using about a tablespoon? for each one. Next time I'm measuring. I didn't let them brown, just melt and bubble at 350-375• until I could tell they were about to brown. So good. SO GOOD.
    But I have no idea how to log it. As 6 tablespoons of cheddar? Which is just shy of a third of a cup. Just over a quarter. Arghhhh.
    And... hijack alert.
    I had a fantastic eggplant lasagne, vegetarian, but using the available food listings, carbs vary WILDLY. I chose one with moderate carbs (10 grams), but the tomato sauce makes me think I should edit and choose the higher one to be on the safe side. I entered it twice to compensate for underestimating, but still. Any tips for what to do when you just don't know?
    Tx.
    #cheesechipsrule

Should You Use a Kitchen Scale to Weigh Your Food?

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / IF / Sedentary
    92 pounds down, 32 to go.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    i have a block of pepper jack cheese i have been waiting to open- may have just found a reason ; )
  • Jbarnes1210
    edited July 2015
    You can also add seasonings to switch things up. I've tried garlic powder, pizza seasoning, red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper. I sprinkle it on shredded cheese before I bake it.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited July 2015
    I like to put down a layer of pepperoni then mozzarella on top. Microwave til bubbly. It's a pull apart pizza topping like snack. Today it was my lunch! Mmmmmmmmm!
  • Jbarnes1210
    @Sunny_Bunny_ ....that sounds really, good, haven't tried it before,,that'll be a new snack to add to the list.
  • jennybird99
    jennybird99 Posts: 60 Member
    Ooooooh, @Sunny_Bunny_, that sounds fantastic!
  • CoinOperatedKitten
    CoinOperatedKitten Posts: 32 Member
    Ok so I tried one of these last night in a skillet......so good!

So I thought, what if I made a fairly large one and folded it like a taco shell and used it for tacos?! I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait! Has anyone tried this?
  • robston
    robston Posts: 67 Member
    Ok so I tried one of these last night in a skillet......so good!

So I thought, what if I made a fairly large one and folded it like a taco shell and used it for tacos?! I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait! Has anyone tried this?

Ohhhhh I wanna know if anyone does the taco shells?? That would be awesome!!!