Cheese "Chips"

Options
shrinkinmama27
shrinkinmama27 Posts: 36 Member
Does anyone know how the fat and calories change when making cheese chips on the skillet? Obviously a lot of oils cook out so I'm wondering if my fats and proteins will be thrown off when I eat them....

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've wondered this too. Someone said to log it like regular cheese, but I feel like a lot of fat must cook out since there is a lot of grease on the tray when I'm done.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Same with pepperoni chips!
  • shrinkinmama27
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Same with pepperoni chips!

Haven't made those yet! Yum!

• CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    MMm, pepperoni chips... NOW you're talking! Gotta love the meat :)
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I do pepperoni, salami, bologna the same way as cheese, sometimes that's my lunch, and a couple pickles. Yum
  • shrinkinmama27
    Options
    I LOVE hard cured meats so I'll need to try that!
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can measure the drippings and compare it to regular fat? Better yet used it on s salad. It sounds yummy! I used to bake my cheese on parchment paper in the
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I don't notice as much grease when I bake them on parchment paper....so I just count the fat content on the package.
  • JennyToy1
    JennyToy1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how the fat and calories change when making cheese chips on the skillet? Obviously a lot of oils cook out so I'm wondering if my fats and proteins will be thrown off when I eat them....
    can you tell me how you do this? i am not much of a cook and the few times i have tried doing cheese chips they were icky. thanks!!
  • shrinkinmama27
    Options
    JennyToy1 wrote: »
    can you tell me how you do this? i am not much of a cook and the few times i have tried doing cheese chips they were icky. thanks!!

I just sprinkle cheese in a skillet and cook it until it looks crispy...but stop before it burns...
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Cheese stick before and after. I microwave on a plate for 70 seconds. You may have to adjust the time for your microwave.

oh2jy5dhmul6.jpg
    9zru98mk6aof.jpg
  • jennybird99
    jennybird99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow.
    Just... Wow.
    I just made these, on parchment in the oven, using shredded PC cheddar. 6 of them, using about a tablespoon? for each one. Next time I'm measuring. I didn't let them brown, just melt and bubble at 350-375• until I could tell they were about to brown. So good. SO GOOD.
    But I have no idea how to log it. As 6 tablespoons of cheddar? Which is just shy of a third of a cup. Just over a quarter. Arghhhh.
    And... hijack alert.
    I had a fantastic eggplant lasagne, vegetarian, but using the available food listings, carbs vary WILDLY. I chose one with moderate carbs (10 grams), but the tomato sauce makes me think I should edit and choose the higher one to be on the safe side. I entered it twice to compensate for underestimating, but still. Any tips for what to do when you just don't know?
    Tx.
    #cheesechipsrule
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Wow.
    Just... Wow.
    I just made these, on parchment in the oven, using shredded PC cheddar. 6 of them, using about a tablespoon? for each one. Next time I'm measuring. I didn't let them brown, just melt and bubble at 350-375• until I could tell they were about to brown. So good. SO GOOD.
    But I have no idea how to log it. As 6 tablespoons of cheddar? Which is just shy of a third of a cup. Just over a quarter. Arghhhh.
    And... hijack alert.
    I had a fantastic eggplant lasagne, vegetarian, but using the available food listings, carbs vary WILDLY. I chose one with moderate carbs (10 grams), but the tomato sauce makes me think I should edit and choose the higher one to be on the safe side. I entered it twice to compensate for underestimating, but still. Any tips for what to do when you just don't know?
    Tx.
    #cheesechipsrule

Should You Use a Kitchen Scale to Weigh Your Food?

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / IF / Sedentary
    92 pounds down, 32 to go.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    i have a block of pepper jack cheese i have been waiting to open- may have just found a reason ; )
  • Jbarnes1210
    edited July 2015
    Options
    You can also add seasonings to switch things up. I've tried garlic powder, pizza seasoning, red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper. I sprinkle it on shredded cheese before I bake it.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I like to put down a layer of pepperoni then mozzarella on top. Microwave til bubbly. It's a pull apart pizza topping like snack. Today it was my lunch! Mmmmmmmmm!
  • Jbarnes1210
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ ....that sounds really, good, haven't tried it before,,that'll be a new snack to add to the list.
  • jennybird99
    jennybird99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ooooooh, @Sunny_Bunny_, that sounds fantastic!
  • CoinOperatedKitten
    CoinOperatedKitten Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ok so I tried one of these last night in a skillet......so good!

So I thought, what if I made a fairly large one and folded it like a taco shell and used it for tacos?! I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait! Has anyone tried this?
  • robston
    robston Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok so I tried one of these last night in a skillet......so good!

So I thought, what if I made a fairly large one and folded it like a taco shell and used it for tacos?! I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait! Has anyone tried this?

Ohhhhh I wanna know if anyone does the taco shells?? That would be awesome!!!