• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Top 20%!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,492 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Surely I can't be the only one getting bling here, can I?

Another race Sunday, my 4th in 6 weeks. This was the Loopet Loppet 12 Hour Trail Race in Theodore Wirth Park just outside Minneapolis. 95% single track bike trails, 5% paved. I ran this last year and made it to 42 miles, but I also ruptured a tendon in my foot which required surgery and 3 months out of running.

This year I beat my old mark and set a new distance PR of 45 miles, good for 10th out of 68 overall, 5th out of 38 males. And I avoided injury.

Instead of a shirt, we got a really nice insulated metal coffee mug and instead of a medal we got a finisher sticker. If you set a distance PR you also get a main patch, with a leaf patch for subsequent PRs. They made this retroactive so I got the big patch for last year's PR and the leaf patch for this years PR.
    cfidr31235ku.jpg
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @7Lenny7 Great bling!! Congrats on the PR. You have been through a lot in the past year. Glad to see you are making a strong come back!!

My bling from Chicago is just a finisher's medal. No PR, but I did come within 30 seconds of it, which makes me happy because I ran that PR 4 years ago. Also very proud of my negative splits. First half was 1:49:49 and second half was 1:49:07.

We were in Chicago for less than 40 hours and I attended a marathon expo, saw Hamilton, ran a marathon, attended a post race party, did a riverboat architecture tour, ate lots of good food, had a few drinks, watched the Steelers beat the Chargers and accumulated over 36 miles worth of steps. All in all, it was a fantastic weekend!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I ran the Harrisburg Marathon on Sunday and managed a PR for the course despite injury derailing my training over the summer. This was not my original target race but due to the injury I had to DNF and DNS my earlier races. I hit the wall hard at mile 22 and lost 3-4 minutes over the last couple miles. Still pretty happy that I was able to run it considering the fact that I couldn't run at all in August.

ro50fj6rh706.jpg

l5ajw6r4crri.jpg

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I had two goals for the Monterey Bay Half: 1) not get injured again, 2) maybe set a PR (and 3, the race not get cancelled, but I couldn't do anything about that).

The race did not get cancelled, I set a PR, and I don't think I re-injured the knee.

I spent the summer rehabbing ITBS on the right side due to overtraining in the spring, probably combined with the brutal camber of the road on the last leg of the Big Sur Marathon relay. (Those of you who plan to run Big Sur, watch out for Carmel Highlands.) The knee felt good on race day. So good, apparently, that I went out WAY too fast. Runkeeper tells me my mile 2 pace was 6:36. By comparison, my target race pace at that distance is about 9:00/mile.

Unsurprisingly, this caught up with me around mile 9 when the knee started to hurt.

I walked for about 5 minutes, and the knee felt better, but at this point everything else from my right calf to glute cramped up. I was never able to pick up my pace again. I finished in 2:08:55, somehow managing a PR, but well short of the 2 hour half marathon I was hoping for. Maybe next time, after a few more months of strengthening the hip/glute/quads.

The knee at this point feels a little inflamed but not painful, and it's been getting better every day. I've been spending additional quality time with the foam roller and lacrosse ball, which seem to be helping.

ycnou8bgceua.jpg
  • dewd2
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I ran my first ever virtual race today. This one started its life as a virtual race (not a rescheduled race) and I really wanted the shirt so I signed up (plus I want to support my local running store). I had no expectations going in and I didn't train specifically for it but I figured since I'm running so well at the moment I'd give it a good shot. I finished in 1:39:27. No idea where that places me yet (I'll find out Sunday) but I suspect it should be pretty good for an age group award.

b2jgek4k34fo.jpg
  • dewd2
    Options
    Another weekend another virtual race. This time Roger Synder Memorial Half Marathon. I ran the actual course. It was cold and snowing - this may have been the latest we ever got snow in this area. And the wind was whipping. FUN! :D

adftcn8wq72r.jpg
    1z3vwofthnh9.jpg

• dewd2
    Options
    I forgot to post a real (not virtual!!) race I did 2 weeks ago. I ran 20:19 in the Greg Hodnett Foundation 5k. The course sucked, I had to drive an hour, and it was hot as hell, but it was a REAL RACE!!!!! :D

em0kmqcjzctc.jpg
  • dewd2
    Options
    Is no one running races? So quiet around here.

I ran my 2nd 50k of the year on Sunday. I finished 3rd overall!!! I have a marathon in just over a week, a 24 hour run in October, and 2 halves at the end of October. Racing life goes on :)

dgrfhohc0rcx.jpg
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I ran Tupelo 14.2M on Sept. 6 and have a few races (25K's and a half marathon) in Oct., a half marathon in Nov. I didn't post about Tupelo, which was my first race since everything started cancelling in March. Then again, I didn't post about most of my 18 marathons, 50K, half marathon, and 5K I ran in the 12 months before everything cancelled.