Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I use celery and romaine lettuce usually
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I think the medical community is catching up bit by bit though. I couldn't get my husband to go back on LC no matter how I begged, pleaded, and showed him all the good things about it. It took his Dr. telling him if he wanted to live past his 40's he had to do something and that LC was his best bet. This after 5 years ago same Dr. criticizing the both of us on the Atkins diet we were doing then.

He won't read any of the books himself and I pretty much have to answer a dozen or so, "Can I have this?' questions per day, but that's fine. He's sticking with it and doing well. I can't wait till they redo his blood tests again in a few months.

Lol you poor thing, you have a man child too? Does he make a pouty face when you tell him "no, you can't have that, it's got too many carbs"?

LOL - sometimes yes. He's 35 going on 13.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Hee heee "fat enough..." that's what I always think people are thinking about me too! As an aside, what DO you eat with spreads? I am missing having things that I used to "dip" pre keto.

a spoon! I just eat peanut butter by the tbs full at work when feeling peckish. yum.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options

Hee heee "fat enough..." that's what I always think people are thinking about me too! As an aside, what DO you eat with spreads? I am missing having things that I used to "dip" pre keto.

I'm with Camtosh. A spoon.

It's interesting that people think low carb isn't sustainable. I'm finding it much, much easier than starvation and craving sweets all the time. I've never been able to do that for as long as I've low carbed.
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    LC "too hard to do long term"??? how far off those comments are. I have never seen ANY WOE that compares to a high fat Ketogenic one.

even "fat fasts" are amazing..Minimum of 6 eggs a day (many eat 13 a day) and 1 tbl of fat WITH each egg? Mayo, bacon grease? and 1 oz cheese per egg too? Yer kiddin'me?

How on earth can anyone compare that to a Jane Fonda 'water fast"?? sure if it makes you feel great, and in command of your diet, a just water or herb tea, etc.. I'm happy for you…. but let me have high calorie, vastly satisfying FOOD on a fast? I'm in!
  • KittensMaster
    KittensMaster Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    It may be a bit harsh but I find it kind of funny to see the nurses at my dr office that raised eyebrows at my low carb diet two years ago.

They are both still a solid 100 lbs overweight

I just don't even waste my time with some people that are grossly overweight and at the same time critical of those that attempt weight loss.

Go figure...

People are strange.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I saw a PA for my annual physical with the VA and she was well aware of LCHF and was supportive of that way of eating. My weigh-in being 45 pounds less than last year had her concerned until I told her I ditched sugar and grains. Because in most cases it can reduce healthcare costs we are going to see more state and fed healthcare systems embracing LCHF in the years ahead perhaps?
  • KittensMaster
    Options
    The results are undeniable
  • QuallyLeShay
    QuallyLeShay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It may be a bit harsh but I find it kind of funny to see the nurses at my dr office that raised eyebrows at my low carb diet two years ago.

I just don't even waste my time with some people that are grossly overweight and at the same time critical of those that attempt weight loss.

Go figure...

People are strange.

This! A dear friend of mine educated me one day last week about how there is no way to sustain this long term without killing myself and then even went further to say that I'm spending entirely too much time in the gym. That "they" say half an hour a day is the max that is healthy for you. As much as I hated to be ugly I finally reached that point. She's at least 200 lbs overweight and diabetic. I've lost almost 75 lbs since I started and all my health issues resolved. It kills me how everyone that has never done this is an expert and we're just supposed to listen to them.
  • KittensMaster
    Options

Go figure...

People are strange.

This! A dear friend of mine educated me one day last week about how there is no way to sustain this long term without killing myself and then even went further to say that I'm spending entirely too much time in the gym. That "they" say half an hour a day is the max that is healthy for you. As much as I hated to be ugly I finally reached that point. She's at least 200 lbs overweight and diabetic. I've lost almost 75 lbs since I started and all my health issues resolved. It kills me how everyone that has never done this is an expert and we're just supposed to listen to them.

Wow!

Great progress and personal success!!!

It is its own reward to enjoy a fitter body and more fun life

Rock on!!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I think they refer to that as "crab bucket mentality"
    uefza3fl4kqw.jpg
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I've been LCHF since mid March and ZC level since June 1. The benefits to my health (decreased fibromyalgia pain from a level of 7-8, most days, to 2-3 average at this point) have been so tremendous!. My pain still increases with certain activities but the recovery is so much faster now, too. That's what makes this woe sustainable for me. Without it I am sure I would have given up. I've never been able to achieve results like this with any other woe. I keep hoping for a better understanding among the general public but until their doctors decide to embrace the concept they won't even entertain the idea. Thoughts of feeling deprived, and missing out are hard to overcome in the beginning, but the rewards are so much greater! :smiley:
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    They say one of the most flustrating things in life is watching others do what you are telling them they can not do.

Let us just flustrate the heck out of those with this false negative talk about LCHF. :)
  • MiamiDawn
    MiamiDawn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    MiamiDawn wrote: »
    Hubby is a why do you buy that cream cheese, peanut butter, herb cheese spread, fish spread, whatever, if you can't have crackers, bagel, bread to go with it kind of guy. He's finally starting to come around because he sees what I've accomplished with the changes I've made - he still cringes when we're at a steak restaurant and I ask for butter, butter, and extra butter on the side. Not to mention the look I get from the waiter - as if to say geez, you're fat enough you don't need butter. Most times I can ignore it, but sometimes I can get a little snarky.

For the spreads it's either crispy bacon (very good w/guacamole), or mini ball peppers (about 5 carbs for 3), or Flackers crackers (made from flax - 8 carbs, but 7 fiber, so 1 net carb. The cheese spread in particular I also spread on sandwich pepperoni. Much depends on where I'm at with my carbs for the day.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Spreads go on my finger. Good for portion control, since I only want to go wash my hands so I can have another taste so many times before I just put the food away. :D
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Great idea @glossbones