100% Challenge – Losing on a Jet Plane! August 3rd to September 13th

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

08/11/2015 100%

Hi
    The weather was beautiful this morning, I got out for a 2 3/4 mile walk.

Tomorrow or Friday I think I may walk a little different route so I can go to the Supermarket as I will be using the last Banana Thursday Morning.

Have a Great Day
    RogerToo
    Thanks, RogerToo, and I like to think that I'm an "excellent driver", too! : - ) I get that you didn't want to tempt fate with your car mishaps. This is the 1st time in a long while that it was my fault. Had an 18 yr old scrape my car a couple of years ago and she left a note. Couldn't believe it!!!

AND the good news of the day for me is that my scale is off by about 6 pounds compared to my doctor's scale. So, last challenge, I really did lose weight. Made me feel good that I am making progress even though my Fitbit Aria disagreed. I think I'm going to call Fitbit and see if there is something else I can do to calibrate my scale.

Hi Mary
    Congratulations, The Aria tracks weight?

Cheers
    RogerToo
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Evening guys :), thanks for all the comments....I feel like a different person....also something what happened that I gained a lot more confidence....so I really enjoy that change :).

Roger, I am as well happy when I lose at least something of course the more the better but I can always say I didn't gain...a loss is a loss! I also changed my attitude to accept that this does not happen over night...it's a lifestyle change.....I didn't gain all that weight over night so I sure don't lose it over night. I used to get discouraged. Not anymore :). Of course, it's not easy......but I know I am on the right track and path for my future. Maintaining will be a whole new world which I still have to figure out how that is going to go...but I worry about that when I get there.

Mary, I am sorry to hear that.....I have been there when I backed up my car in a parking lot and there was a pole but not as tall that I was able to see it..didn't realize it was there and boom ....sigh I hope the damage wasn't too bad

I hope everybody is doing well otherwise....

08/11 - 100 %

Hi Sue
    I think we have all backed into something at some point. Misjudge or another reason :)

As You have pointed out we gained the weight over a period of time, In my case at least 30 years :(
    I have probably lost at least 20+ years worth of that weight.

I expect that maintenance will be challenging. I believe that the best method may be to keep some NutriSystem on hand in case it goes awry.

Good Luck With Mr. Scale
    RogerToo
  • nwsocal
    nwsocal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    100% 11AUG
    WI: 242.0 (-6.0)
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, Rhonda. 6 pounds!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    100% 8/12
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Flo - Yup, you got it! A complete mindless moment on autopilot!!! Repairs are $1,100 and taking it on Monday to get fixed. By the way, look at you go with your green while traveling!!! :smiley:

Roger - Your minutes are updated, and at no charge... :wink: Totally understand the water weight factor...

RogerToo - The Aria is the Fitbit scale. It automatically sends my weight results to the Fitbit site via Wi-Fi. Love not having to manually record my weight with Fitbit being synced to MFP.
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Wow Rhonda, that's great.

Today was 8/12 100%
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2015
    Options
    08/12/2015 100%

Hi All
    What a Great Morning outside, Overnight temperature was 3 degrees lower than Yesterday. Humidity was still good too. I got out at 5:15 and walked 2.75 miles..........
    Between the McDonalds where I got my coffee and the greens along the brook I saw 4 deer that had to come through that neighborhood to get to where they were munching, Then a little further on 2 more in the greens and then a little further on two more. That area seems to be teeming with those walking appetites :)

I need to go outside and work on the lawn mower a second time this year, The First part from Amazon which supplies the spark for it had a loose connection that meant that depending on where the wire was if there was spark or not. Amazon has stepped up to the plate and replaced it so Now to install it.

Have a Great Thursday
    RogerToo
    Flo - Yup, you got it! A complete mindless moment on autopilot!!! Repairs are $1,100 and taking it on Monday to get fixed. By the way, look at you go with your green while traveling!!! :smiley:

Roger - Your minutes are updated, and at no charge... :wink: Totally understand the water weight factor...

RogerToo - The Aria is the Fitbit scale. It automatically sends my weight results to the Fitbit site via Wi-Fi. Love not having to manually record my weight with Fitbit being synced to MFP.

Hi Mary
    That makes perfect sense. If I had that scale I would also still manually record my weight as a backup, just in case.
    I had kept a electronic copy of my weigh-ins that I recorded on the NutriSystem website. Lucky that I did what with it being gone. I also have that sort of file backed up onto a NAS with mirrored drives as a backup.

I tend to be cautious with backing things up. When I was in my last job we had a steady stream of people that had all their family pictures on the computer only and then the drive went bad and they needed expensive data recovery if they wanted their pictures back. I felt bad for them when that happened but it did help keep us in business. Throw today's Ransomeware into the mix where in addition to the hard drive going bad You could catch a virus that encrypts all Your Data permanently unless You pay their fee AKA Ransom.

Thank You for the Information
    Roger
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    100% 8/12 /color=red]
  • nwsocal
    Options
    Thanks Nightingale and dHarris. :) It was 10 pounds lost on my scale, but that was naked and first thing in the morning, and my actual weigh in is at a clinic mid day. :D All in all, since I recommitted, I have lost 10. Not bad for a few weeks of hard work, but like Roger (hi and welcome back so glad you are here) I am losing some water reserves.

Almost weekend all. That's my hardest time, cooking for husband and wanting to go out. But I am going to make good choices and stay on plan. ;) I do feel it will be easier with time to just stay the course and not go on/off/on/off as I have done in the past.

Also, I am trying to get in bed earlier each week by moving my bedtime back slowly. I was up at 7:30 this morning, so that's an improvement!!

Have a great day all.
  • nwsocal
    Options
    100% 12AUG
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    100% 8/13

I'm HOME!!!!!!!!!!! YIPEEEEE!!!!!!!

Had a shower and headed to bed.
  • dharris1014
    Options
    8/13 100%
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good evening gang :),

Welcome home Flo :)...I can imagine what a great feeling that must be.......have a restful night :).

I hope everybody is doing well

08/12 100 %
    08/13 100 %
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
  • rlshelor
    rlshelor Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    8/12 - NOT 100%

I screwed up yesterday. I was out running errands and didn't eat all my breakfast before I left the house so I grabbed some protein while I was out. Then forgot about it and eat again when I got home. Didn't realize it until later in the day and then lost it and had a mini-binge last night. I was doing great and really feeling like I was in the groove.

toon238.gif

Roger
    3pT5F
    Goal: June 24, 2012

event.png

exercise.png

VFEbD0Pmf0IP

• RogerToo
    Options
    08/13/2015 100%

Hi All
    I was walking this morning 2.8+ miles. I picked up my Coffee at the Quick Chek, Then went over to the Pathmark Grocery Store for Bananas and a Bag of frozen vegetables, I was not impressed by the price on the frozen vegetables, It was much higher than at the ShopRite Grocery Store. I can see why they are struggling. The selection did not impress me either.

Have a Great Day
    RogerToo
    nwsocal wrote: »
    Thanks Nightingale and dHarris. :) It was 10 pounds lost on my scale, but that was naked and first thing in the morning, and my actual weigh in is at a clinic mid day. :D All in all, since I recommitted, I have lost 10. Not bad for a few weeks of hard work, but like Roger (hi and welcome back so glad you are here) I am losing some water reserves.

Almost weekend all. That's my hardest time, cooking for husband and wanting to go out. But I am going to make good choices and stay on plan. ;) I do feel it will be easier with time to just stay the course and not go on/off/on/off as I have done in the past.

Also, I am trying to get in bed earlier each week by moving my bedtime back slowly. I was up at 7:30 this morning, so that's an improvement!!

Have a great day all.

Hi nwsocal
    Is there any other time or way to to get a consistent weigh from day to day? :)

Weekends are not that hard IMO. I am on a weekend schedule 7 days a week :)

If I go out to eat I look for the best choices on the menu. For Breakfast or Brunch Scrambled Egg, Canadian Bacon, No Home Fries, Dry Rye Toast and eat on slice, a fresh fruit cup.
    Egg = PF
    1Slice of the Canadian Bacon, The rest goes home = a PF, My Diner a slice is one ounce.
    Dry Rye Toast as a SC
    Fresh Fruit Cup as a SC
    And that meets my NS plans requirements.
    Lunch or Dinjner is easy for me, I have simple tastes.
    Open faced Turkey Sandwich = PF, Gravy on the Side (do not use or very lightly), Eat some take the rest home.
    Salad w/no dressing = vegetable
    Green beans or Broccoli or other On Plan vegetables = Vegetable portion(s)
    1 Slice of the bread from under the Turkey as a SC, Ask for Whole Wheat or Rye
    Fresh Fruit Cup as a Dessert
    I try and avoid the gravy as I know it is high sodium, As are any of the soups.

Good Luck
    RogerToo
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    100% 8/13 and NOT 100% 8/14 Looks like you have the eating out and flexing all figured out RogerToo.
  • dharris1014
    Options
    [color=red[ 8/14 100%
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    100% 8/14
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2015
    Options
    08/13/2015 100%

Hi All
    I went walking this morning, 2.75 miles. So far the days weather is OK, Humidity is starting to rise and temperatures are going up. It was comfortable however as I was out before the sun came up and home before it had much heat to it.

Then I Loaded the car and We made the recycle run with Shredded Paper, Shredded DVDs etc. More stuff to shred now that I have a new shredder replacing the Dead one. Why Shred DVDs? They have old data backups on them or Software that was bought over the internet and saved with the Product Key Email.

Have a great Weekend
    RogerToo
    ginnywed wrote: »
    100% 8/13 and NOT 100% 8/14 Looks like you have the eating out and flexing all figured out RogerToo.

Hi Ginny
    Even with the best intentions I can slip up. sometimes I taste something just to see if it is as good as I remember. I tried a taste of soup from the Diner a while ago. Cream of Chicken, All I could taste was the Saltiness. I remember thinking I used to like this? I checked with my Brother who had the same soup and to him it tasted fine.

Cheers
    RogerToo