100% Challenge – Losing on a Jet Plane! August 3rd to September 13th

Options

Replies

• ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    100% 8/17 and 8/18 Guess I didn't know what day yesterday was.
  • ginnywed
    edited August 2015
    Options
    nwsocal wrote: »
    100% 13AUG
    100% 14AUG
    100% 15AUG
    100% 16AUG
    100% 17AUG
    100% 18AUG

WI will be tomorrow. My scale hasn't dropped despite being perfect "not a lick" all week and kicking butt on my fitbit. We were also camping Friday-Sunday. I cut out soda this week as well. I'm really proud of myself regardless, but I'm dreading weigh in tomorrow and my coach will be looking at me like I'm fibbing. Oh well.

Probably some water weight due to exercising your butt off. Keep up the good work!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Hi all..sorry been MIA for some days....but stayed on track and weigh in wasn't bad either...anyways...

08/14 100 ^%
    08/15 100 %
    08/16 100 %
    08/17 100 %
    08/18 100 %

Weigh in 183.3 lbs. - 0.7 lbs (was hoping for a bit more but a loss is a loss)

YAY, on the 0.7 pound loss, Sue. :)

100% 13AUG
    100% 14AUG
    100% 15AUG
    100% 16AUG
    100% 17AUG
    100% 18AUG

WI will be tomorrow. My scale hasn't dropped despite being perfect "not a lick" all week and kicking butt on my fitbit. We were also camping Friday-Sunday. I cut out soda this week as well. I'm really proud of myself regardless, but I'm dreading weigh in tomorrow and my coach will be looking at me like I'm fibbing. Oh well.

I hope Mr. Scale is kind tomorrow, Rhonda.

I cut out, of course, all Cokes, etc., when I started the Plan. Would drink sometimes Sprite Zero, but figured out it made me crave sweets, so I've deep-sixed those, too. Really made a difference w/me.

• rlshelor
    rlshelor Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    8/14 & 8/16 - 100%
    8/15, 8/17 & 8/18 - NOT 100%
    WI: 304.2 (-2.0)

It's been way too long since last post. So busy with side projects. I did a church sponsored community flea market on Saturday. Took my food with me so to stay green. It was a long day. Then went out with friends for dinner. They wanted Mexican. Way too much salt and hidden calories in Mexican food for me. I ordered a grilled chicken salad. There was more chicken then salad. Then Monday it was too much bread. I had bought some croutons to add zip to my salads. Had the nibbles and the croutons are gone. Grrr

0d7fd913ddade3a7c3b84e67b6968a0d.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F
    Goal: June 24, 2012

event.png

exercise.png

VFEbD0DR3ppD

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    08/18/2015 100%

Hi All
    Wow was it warm and humid today when I walked, 2.75 miles despite that. Then some down time and a run to Home Depot & Costco and a sporting goods store on the way home, then on to McDOnalds for Decaf Coffee for Myself & regular for my brother. Home Depot stop not successful. Costco I got two 5 pound bags of frozen vegetables, Some Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, a Bath Towel and replacement slippers. Then So I can stop at a local supermarket on my walks I picked up a inexpensive Backpack $10. The Frozen & Yogurt was sitting on the bath towel in a large box in the trunk & covered with a Knit Blanket and stayed frozen nicely.

Have Nice Day
    RogerToo

Hi Sue
    Any Loss is a good Loss :)
    Have a good day
    RogerToo
    100% 13AUG
    100% 14AUG
    100% 15AUG
    100% 16AUG
    100% 17AUG
    100% 18AUG

Hi
    It may not be as bad as You fear, I have had weigh ins where I was sure I did great and bleah! Then a weigh in where I was sure I did poorly would be really good. Only Mr. Scale can really tell the truth.

Good Luck
    RogerToo
    rlshelor wrote: »
    8/14 & 8/16 - 100%
    8/15, 8/17 & 8/18 - NOT 100%
    WI: 304.2 (-2.0)

It's been way too long since last post. So busy with side projects. I did a church sponsored community flea market on Saturday. Took my food with me so to stay green. It was a long day. Then went out with friends for dinner. They wanted Mexican. Way too much salt and hidden calories in Mexican food for me. I ordered a grilled chicken salad. There was more chicken then salad. Then Monday it was too much bread. I had bought some croutons to add zip to my salads. Had the nibbles and the croutons are gone. Grrr

0d7fd913ddade3a7c3b84e67b6968a0d.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

VFEbD0DR3ppD

Hi Roger
    I found that I had to avoid add-ins for the same reason. I could sit and eat a entire box of Croutons easily so I avoid them. I think the only add-ins in the house are some Laughing Cow Light wedges. Sometimes I need something to lessen the heat in some of the dishes.

Have a Good Week
    RogerToo
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    8/19 100%
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Feel for you, Roger... You told me a few years back that you have to dig deep... It's so true and so different for each person fighting this battle. You reached goal before & I know you can get there again. Keep at it!

Flo, I feel the same way about diet soda and have reduced my intake. Been substituting with iced green tea at work and don't buy diet soda for home any more. I do still enjoy a good fountain diet coke now & then when out. Not sure I can completely cut it out, but definitely less than before and no longer every day.

Rhonda, good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow.

Well, that's it for me for now... Have to get off this computer and go to bed...

Good night all!
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2015
    Options

08/19/2015 100%

Hi All
    I was out walking and it was warm and humid today when I walked, 2.75 miles despite that. Picked one whole Cent while walking, Whee :)

I saw a Wild Turkey yesterday, 3 Deer today and one dead skunk in the road, Fortunately the wind was blowing away from me. Skunks are fearless due to their defense IMO and that gets them killed on the road. We have had them in the front yard in the past and I have smelled them wandering down the driveway now and then too.

Nearby towns got pummeled with rain yesterday. Major Flooding, Streets and a major highway closed and damaged. Despite being close all we heard was some thunder and no rain. :)

Not to much planned to happen today.
    Have a Great Thursday
    RogerToo
  • Nightingale2200
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Croutons do me in, too, Roger. I love 'em, but cannot have them in the house. Congratulations on the 2 pound loss.

We had good rain yesterday. First rain since July 4th. Wish it would do it again. Temps much much better. I could stand this all year round. We don't have a lot of skunks here, Roger. Possums and other critters though.

I'm having eye issues (left eye retinal hemorrhage) and seeing an ophthalmologist. Direct result of my diabetes. Been hard trying to work online and play my music. Even with my glasses, I have to enlarge music to 140% and enlarge the screen on the computer. No pain, however. So, am just doing a little here and there ...

100%8/19
    100% 8/20
  • ginnywed
    Options
    100% 8/19
  • ginnywed
    Options
    Croutons do me in, too, Roger. I love 'em, but cannot have them in the house. Congratulations on the 2 pound loss.

We had good rain yesterday. First rain since July 4th. Wish it would do it again. Temps much much better. I could stand this all year round. We don't have a lot of skunks here, Roger. Possums and other critters though.

I'm having eye issues (left eye retinal hemorrhage) and seeing an ophthalmologist. Direct result of my diabetes. Been hard trying to work online and play my music. Even with my glasses, I have to enlarge music to 140% and enlarge the screen on the computer. No pain, however. So, am just doing a little here and there ...

100%8/19
    100% 8/20

Hope your eye gets better and your eyesight improves soon. Hard to be online when you have trouble seeing.

• ginnywed
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »

08/19/2015 100%

Hi All
    I was out walking and it was warm and humid today when I walked, 2.75 miles despite that. Picked one whole Cent while walking, Whee :)

I saw a Wild Turkey yesterday, 3 Deer today and one dead skunk in the road, Fortunately the wind was blowing away from me. Skunks are fearless due to their defense IMO and that gets them killed on the road. We have had them in the front yard in the past and I have smelled them wandering down the driveway now and then too.

Nearby towns got pummeled with rain yesterday. Major Flooding, Streets and a major highway closed and damaged. Despite being close all we heard was some thunder and no rain. :)

Have a Great Thursday
    RogerToo

Wow wild turkeys! You must live in at least a partial rural area or have lots of land around for all that wildlife. It finally stopped raining here. We had rain constantly for the past 2 days. Now the temperature is in the 60's but its supposed to warm up starting tomorrow.

• dharris1014
    Options
    It sounds like Mr Scales is wanting to be ornry with others as well. I did a sneak peek, and so far so good, he is being good to me this week. We shall see if it continues until Monday. Today, I was ok u til dinner, I don't really know how to log it, so I will call it

8/20 not 100%
  • rlshelor
    rlshelor Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    8/19 & 8/20 - 100%

I ran into a wild turkey last year walking the local fitness trail. It was less than half a mile from our large shopping mall that the trail goes behind.

Apparently croutons are a new food trigger for me. I think it can be anything that is munchable. Bulk granola is also a no-no in this house too.

diet-cartoon.bmp

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

VFEbD0DR3ppD

• RogerToo
    Options
    08/20/2015 100%

Hello All
    We had rain overnight, it was finished when I got up and looked out the Living Room window and the street was starting to dry. 77 degrees and high humidity however. Spread out over 6 different locations I picked up $4.15 today, Best Day for money since I started walking :) 2.8 miles done today. $4 of that was two $1 bills in two locations, They were wet and thus stayed where they must have fallen despite the Cars, Buses & Trucks driving by where they were and causing a cooling breeze.

A nice cooling breeze came up during the walk, Sadly not until 4 blocks from the house :(

Have a Great Friday
    RogerToo

100%8/19
    100% 8/20

HI Flo
    I Hope your eye gets better and your eyesight improves quickly. At least on the Computer You can hold down the Control Key and use the scroll wheel to make the web page larger or smaller as needed.

Some years we see more skunks and some years less, Cyclical? I have seen Possums in the past. Every Walk I hear and see Geese flying overhead with their less than mellifluous honking.

Good Luck
    RogerToo
    ginnywed wrote: »
    RogerToo wrote: »

08/19/2015 100%

Hi All

Have a Great Thursday
    RogerToo

Wow wild turkeys! You must live in at least a partial rural area or have lots of land around for all that wildlife. It finally stopped raining here. We had rain constantly for the past 2 days. Now the temperature is in the 60's but its supposed to warm up starting tomorrow.

Hi Ginny
    Nope we live in the Suburbs as I see it. One town runs into the next in all directions. What it is with the wildlife is it seems to have accommodated to living with people. Then too we have three brooks running through town, plus one on the edge of town and the natural woods along them with parkland bordering the woods. So we have bands of wooded and brushy areas along the Brooks, Toss in lots of parks and Voila.

Cheers
    Roger
    It sounds like Mr Scales is wanting to be ornry with others as well. I did a sneak peek, and so far so good, he is being good to me this week. We shall see if it continues until Monday. Today, I was ok u til dinner, I don't really know how to log it, so I will call it

8/20 not 100%

Hi dharris
    I use the food logging here and You can find pretty much everything listed in it. Or I look online via Google or Bing and type the name of the food and the word nutrition and look that way. For example using this search phrase in Google flatout flatbread light original whole wheat nutrition glycemic index leads to this FlatOut Healthy Grain Multi-Grain with Flax with an estimated Glycemic load of 5

Good Luck with Mr Scales
    RogerToo
    rlshelor wrote: »
    8/19 & 8/20 - 100%

I ran into a wild turkey last year walking the local fitness trail. It was less than half a mile from our large shopping mall that the trail goes behind.

Apparently croutons are a new food trigger for me. I think it can be anything that is munchable. Bulk granola is also a no-no in this house too.

diet-cartoon.bmp

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

VFEbD0DR3ppD

Hi Roger
    Despite being one of the five boroughs of NYC, NY Staten Island has wild Turkeys too, They seem to be able to integrate into Urban and Suburban areas.

Good Luck
    RogerToo
  • nwsocal
    nwsocal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    WI: 239.2 (-2.8)
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Thanks all. :)

CONGRATS on the 2.8 pound loss, Rhonda. :)
  • dharris1014
    Options
    8/21 100%
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello Gang :),

god what a week....I am glad and grateful that one is behind me.....stayed on track hoping on a good weekend :).

08/19 - 100%
    08/20 - 100 %
    08/21 - 100 %

Congrats Rhonda on your nice drop :). Especially since your scale wasn't behaving well in moving that kind of drop is nice to see :).

Flo, I hope your issues with your eye will be resolved soon and that it gets better soon.

Otherwise, I hope everybody is doing well :). Not sure how many know but I set myself a goal to reach 180 lbs. or below on my birthday which is on 08/30 so 9 days from today....I have a feeling that I am not going to make that mini goal which is ok but it would've been nice lol....maybe Mr. Scales will be nice....either way....one good story to lift up my spirit was when we went to Sea world last week and I posted pictures on Facebook. Tons of wonderful comments how good I look now with all that weight loss so that made me grow instantly 2 inches lol.

Posting one with me and my son :)

7kp7bpzo9ocv.jpg
  • ginnywed
    Options
    100% 8/20 Suegen You look great!