100% Challenge – Losing on a Jet Plane! August 3rd to September 13th

Options

Replies

• mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Very glad your blurriness is going away, Flo, and you were able to play without too much trouble. Sounds like your eyes are improving and you will get good news from your doctor this week. Yahoo!

Do not envy you in FL, Donna!... Hate the heat when it gets in the 90's, let alone sneaking into the 100's... Try and stay cool!

Okay, so this afternoon I cooked & baked for my family, by request. My sister & niece wanted Mexican and then word got out, so ended up cooking for 8 at my mom's house. Made baked chicken taquitos, shrimp enchiladas, an asparagus & avocado salad, and a peach/blueberry pie. Didn't overeat, but not 100%. Back at it tomorrow.

Have to do a round of prednisone for my back, so we'll see how the next 10 days goes. It doesn't usually completely derail me, but can make it extra challenging with appetite and weight gain.

Oh well, I'm exhausted and need to get to work early tomorrow... I think I'm calling it a day...
  • dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well I was hoping to have an even better report but it hopefully that will come next week.

WI 200 (-3)
  • suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good morning all :),

weighin was a success

180.9 lbs.
    change -2.4 lbs. from last week

7/7 OP
    so I have 0.9 lbs. left to my mini goal for my birthday....if I make it below the 180 lbs. that would be even better so the race is on lol

08/22 = 100 %
    08/23 = 100 %
    Well I was hoping to have an even better report but it hopefully that will come next week.

WI 200 (-3)
    Nice weight loss !!!!

Flo, I am glad that things are getting better :).

Mary good luck with the Prednisone for the next 10 days and that it goes by without a hitch.

I am off to work!

Have a great Monday ya'll !!!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Mary, hoping the prednisone will help immensely and hope your appetite doesn't take a hit like you said. Feel better soon.

Great job on 3 pound loss, Donna. WOW!

So proud for you, Sue. :) By your BD, you'll be where you want to be. CONGRATS.

Hope everyone has a good week.
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    NOT 100% 8/23 Good going Sue on your weight loss! You will probably be below your birthday goal on your BD!
    Flo..glad your eye is better!
    Donna..Wow! 3 pounds...that is great!
    Mary..Hope you feel better with the prednisone and it doesn't hit your appetite.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options

08/23/2015 100%

Hi All
    When I went out the Door it was looking clear, by the time I left the post office I was starting to see fog, By the time I got home You could barely see the end of the block. That fog & humidity made for a somewhat uncomfortable walk. During the Walk I saw two Deer run out of a front yard in a house across from one of our Elementary Schools.

Have a Good Monday
    RogerToo
    Thanks for the tip, Roger. Admittedly, I have a laptop that I don't use well. Bought a new one for myself last Christmas with Windows 8 and find it clunky to find anything on with the touchscreen. Sure miss the start menu...

Sue, I'm right with you with the camera. Once it gets pulled out, I'm walking the other direction. Never have been very photogenic and feel the same as Roger, never like looking at myself in them.

Appreciate all the supportive posts... We can all relate to the loss of a loved one. Not looking at it as an excuse, but definitely one of those life's moments getting thrown at me this week...

Oh, and Flo, I just was telling my sister that I think I'm going to get rid of my desk in my office and buy a keyboard so I can take piano lessons. Took 8 yrs of accordian lessons and was at an advanced level, but that was 40 years ago. Will let you know if I pull the trigger and actually do it... No longer have an accordian and they can be kind of pricey & its hard to find music & teacher...

Hi Mary
    Go to this website: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/start-menu-in-windows-8-with-classic-shell/
    And install Classic Shell, I use it in the Windows 8 computers.
    To add a Start Menu to Windows 8, go to the following web site and download the Classic Shell program.
    http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

Here is a image of the configuration screen.
    utqreigtuiur.jpg

For me it Makes Windows8 look and work like Windows 7 or You could choose the One or two column instead.
    I also used the setting to bring me to the classic desktop rather than the Windows 8 mess.

Good Luck
    Roger
    suegen1 wrote: »
    Good morning all :),

weighin was a success

180.9 lbs.
    change -2.4 lbs. from last week

7/7 OP
    so I have 0.9 lbs. left to my mini goal for my birthday....if I make it below the 180 lbs. that would be even better so the race is on lol

08/22 = 100 %
    08/23 = 100 %

WI 200 (-3)
    Nice weight loss !!!!

Flo, I am glad that things are getting better :).

Mary good luck with the Prednisone for the next 10 days and that it goes by without a hitch.

I am off to work!

Have a great Monday ya'll !!!!

Hi Sue
    Congratulations on Your loss You raced past me for last week :)
    I am keeping my fingers crossed that You make Your Mini Goal.

Cheers
    Roger

WI 200 (-3)

Hi
    Congratulations on the amazing loss. It seems we are doing very good as a group with regards to losing.

Cheers
    Roger
  • dharris1014
    Options
    Thanks all, yes it does look like this was a good week for all if us.

Roger, maybe the deer were running to welcome all the kids back to school.

Great job everyone!
  • dharris1014
    Options
    8/24 100%. Feeling very motivated.
  • mariska9664
    edited August 2015
    Options
    8/19 thru 8/24 - Not 100%
    WI 237.7

Managed to squeak a little weight loss this week even though a long string of red. Most of those red days were more like yellow, except for today. Tomorrow is a new day. Got to get it together and string some green!

Congrats to all the good successes this week.

Spent the last 2 hours researching some index funds and I am now officially exhausted. I am done for the day and going to watch some of the Cards game before I sleep.

Have a great week everyone!

100% Challenge - Losing on a Jet Plane Spreadsheet (8/3 thru 9/13)

VFEbD0

weight.png

• suegen1
    suegen1 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    08/24 - 100 %

Thanks all for the positive comments :). So this morning I was at work and after breakfast and morning snack as usual.....I was sooo hungry over an hour before lunch time...sigh anybody had this issue...after what I ate this morning I should've not been ....probably too excited about the weight loss....but stayed on track and drank more water....Finally arrived at lunch time so was looking forward to it...it was pretty weird as I have not had that so far....
  • nwsocal
    nwsocal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    NOT 19AUG
    100% 20AUG
    100% 21AUG
    100% 22AUG
    NOT 23AUG
    100% 24AUG

Fell off track with a bit of wine. Last glass for a while....being lean on calories makes me too susceptible to give away my money after a glass or two. :wink:

Going to make it a GREEN Week!! Who's with me?

Anyone have a Sonya sighting?

Rhonda
  • mariska9664
    Options
    Hey Rhonda, last I chatted with her, Sonya is busy with the kids and being pregnant. I think she's doing well.

RogerToo, thanks for the tips on Windows. Will have to look at that this weekend because don't get a whole lot out of that Windows 8 set-up. :-)

Sue, deal with those stupid cravings every day and no easy answers other than what you're doing. Give it time, drink water, take a walk, take a bath... If you're truly hungry, you may not be eating enough for your activity level. That's something else to consider... Hang in there!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Hi, Donna and Roger!!

Thanks, Ginny. I feel lots better. :)

I agree with Mary, Sue. You might need to eat more for your activity level. When the cravings hit, I do increase the water, go for a walk, chew gum, brush my teeth. Of course, if you are at work, that might be hard to do (walk/teeth). Sometimes I find if I snack with carbs, I become hungry before lunch, but if I use proteins, I don't seem to be hungry. Being Diabetic, I have to watch the carbs anyway. But, that's just my body ...

Mary, the CARDS did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i couldn't watch the whole game, however, 'cause it interfered with my sleep. LOL! Hubby told me this a.m. they won. :) )

NOT 100% 8/24 (not enough water)

Today will be better. I'm with Rhonda ... I'm gonna try and be GREEN the rest of the week. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    08/25/2015 100%

Hi All
    I got out and walked 3 miles and 14 cents, I did not realize it was that far until I ran the route through Mp My Run.
    While walking on a bridge over one of our Brooks I looked at the water and there was something moving through it, As It got nearer it turned out to be a Turtle with a shell the size of a dinner plate :)

Fairly warm and Humid today too
    I delayed my order Sunday, I had been uncertain whether to do that or not until I looked at it an d it was showing the Granola cereal as Low inventory, Rather than take a change I delayed an extra week. At that Point I had a four week supply of Shelf Stable on hand so it should be no problem.

I am working on capturing an old 1982 VHS of a HBO Special that I am sure will not surface anywhere again. Yesterday I captured a VHS of a 1980 HBO Special and am getting ready to turn that into a DVD and Back up the source of Both to a BluRay Disc once today's is captured.

Have a Great Tuesday
    RogerToo
    suegen1 wrote: »
    08/24 - 100 %

Thanks all for the positive comments :). So this morning I was at work and after breakfast and morning snack as usual.....I was sooo hungry over an hour before lunch time...sigh anybody had this issue...after what I ate this morning I should've not been ....probably too excited about the weight loss....but stayed on track and drank more water....Finally arrived at lunch time so was looking forward to it...it was pretty weird as I have not had that so far....

Hi Sue
    Can You save some of Your Breakfast to have during Mid Morning?

Cheers
    RogerToo
    nwsocal wrote: »
    NOT 19AUG
    100% 20AUG
    100% 21AUG
    100% 22AUG
    NOT 23AUG
    100% 24AUG

Fell off track with a bit of wine. Last glass for a while....being lean on calories makes me too susceptible to give away my money after a glass or two. :wink:

Going to make it a GREEN Week!! Who's with me?

Anyone have a Sonya sighting?

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda
    Yup, That wine will get You if You have been avoiding it for a while :)

Have a Good Day
    RogerToo
    Hey Rhonda, last I chatted with her, Sonya is busy with the kids and being pregnant. I think she's doing well.

RogerToo, thanks for the tips on Windows. Will have to look at that this weekend because don't get a whole lot out of that Windows 8 set-up. :-)

Sue, deal with those stupid cravings every day and no easy answers other than what you're doing. Give it time, drink water, take a walk, take a bath... If you're truly hungry, you may not be eating enough for your activity level. That's something else to consider... Hang in there!

Hi Mary
    I will be honest with You, With the Addition of Classic Shell I like Windows 8 Better than its predecessors :)

Cheers
    RogerToo
  • nwsocal
    nwsocal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Peeking at the scale this morning.....and it's looking really good!! Glad to hear the motivation here today!!
  • ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    NOT 100% 8/24 Had to go to the Dr. today. Will need a new knee but stalling as long as I can.
  • dharris1014
    Options
    8/25 100%.
  • Nightingale2200
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I feel for ya, Ginny. Don't wait too long ...

100% 8/25
  • mariska9664
    edited August 2015
    Options
    8/25 - 100%

Yahoo, Flo, the Cards did pull out a win. :) Didn't make it through the game last night though and won't tonight either. The late west coast games are always tough to get through. Hoping for another good surprise in the AM and it's looking good so far.

Sorry about your knee, Ginny, and I get the stalling. :( It's a big surgery with a challenging recovery, even though at the end, you'll be all the better for it. At least that's what I hear often from those that have it...

Oh good, Roger! Looking forward to working on that this weekend. :)

Must have been wishful thinking for me when I posted that I have 10 days on Prednisone. He has me on it for 15 days, so 3 days down, 12 to go... Feeling okay so far...

100% Challenge - Losing on a Jet Plane Spreadsheet (8/3 thru 9/13)

VFEbD0

weight.png

• RogerToo
    Options
    08/25/2015 Not 100%
    I got carried away trying to transfer a few old HBO Specials on VHS from 1980 and 1981 to DVD and the capture device was not working 100%. So I ended up missing a PF + SC snack, Hence the not 100%. Last Night shortly before heading into bed I went Eureka! Why not just transfer the tapes to one of My DVD Recorders, especially since I have one already hooked up that can be used to watch the Digital channels from OTA or Cable, I am trying that now and it seems to be working OK

Hi All
    No Walk today and apparently the weather is really good too. I Am feeling poorly and can not stray far from the Kleenex Box. Either I have caught something or the Ragweed Pollen is getting to me for the first time ever.

Wish Me Luck shaking this thing
    Have a Great Wednesday
    RogerToo
    ginnywed wrote: »
    NOT 100% 8/24 Had to go to the Dr. today. Will need a new knee but stalling as long as I can.

Hi Ginny
    As Flo said, do not wait too long. Apparently if You let it go to long it can cause a less than 100% replacement success. I had a family member waited to long and the improvement was good however there was still some pain from the waiting to long.

Good Luck
    RogerToo